• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need advise please ! opiate withdrawal questions.

Jvjs05

Bluelighter
I am currently on day 3 of w/d from oxycodone .... I have been using everyday for about a year and b4 that I used a few times per week for about another year. I have built up a decent tolerance on the past 3 months using each day 100-200mg per day , having hit 300mg on weekend days occasionally, usually snorting the blue a215s and swallowing 10mg percocets. I can't take the w/d anymore and can't wait a few more days till I can get more . My friend had a 100mcg fentanyl patch he is willing to give me . I know this is the most potent patch so my question is will I be ok using this patch given where my oxy tolerance is it ? And also this patch will eliminate how sick I feel correct ?

Just don't do it there really is no reason to, if it's really that bad get some loperamide, poppy seeds, kratom, shit even some codeine.

Oxy is strong but nothing compared to fent, trust me it's a decision you will regret, besides you've got what a couple of days to wait? This entire idea is just silly.

And no I wouldn't say you have the sort of opiate tolerance for a patch like that anyway. Don't mean to sound like a dick but suck it up and if you really need to take one of the measures I mentioned.

Don't worry about sounding like a dick , it's my own fault for being in this situation, I live in the US so I'm pretty sure I can't just buy codine over the counter , but correct me if I'm wrong. I got the patch already my plan is to wear it a few hours then take it off b4 I fall asleep then put it back on tomorrow for a few hours again , making sure not to fall asleep with it on. In you opinion or anyone else's with fentanyl experience will this provide any relief ?

You'll be fine putting the whole patch on. Patches are horrible for easing withdrawal symptoms as it takes for ever. Stay away from smoking or IVing them.

Fent is a great way to fuck up your tolerance.

Once you take it off, you destroy the membrane making it useless as far as putting back on

If it's a nongel matrix patch I would cut it in half and wear half. Start in the morning. It takes about 3 hours just to begin feeling something, and around 12-18 hours to peak. So the best thing to do is put it on when you get up.

It will definitely keep you out of wd. But if you are already on day 3 I wouldn't mess with an opiate. Like some one said take some loperamide and maybe a benzo for sleep and you're almost at the end.

My guy who gave me it said to cheek it , been in my mouth for about 30 mins and I feel it starting to work thank god , prolly Gona leave it in another 30 then take it out and get some sleep , he said this would provide quickest relief as putting it on would take a few hours to feel anything , then put it back in tomorrow morning for another hour to be able to bare going to work , I've heard w/d from this is way worse then the oxy w/d I was going thru , so I just need to make this one last 3 days and I can get my Oxys back , def don't wanna start using these regularly

Also it's the activas brand with the gel so it wasn't able to cut it in half which I would have liked to do

I'm going through oxycodone wds right now(that's why I'm up) and I took 16 mgs of lope and except for not being able to sleep for more thn a couple hours it's no biggie. Actually it surprised me that lopermide actually works. It hasn't helped with lethargy but I have no runny nose,no goose flesh,no naseau ,no rls,just some mild anxiety. Now mind you I'm about 45 hours in and I only take 40mgs a day but have been on that dose for 5 years and was a massive junky years before. Also I have half my script locked in my wifes safe upstairs and can get whenever I want but I don't want ,sick of opiates.
It's your call man but if you don't go through it now there will always be rainy days where you are broke and can't score and this feeling will be waiting for you,get it over with now.
Just my 2 cents!

Get the Fuck over It!!! You opiod adiddicts are all the same! Bunch of Babies! I use to bang Meth and Coke ( not at once) but that shitts addicting As Fuck!. I just dont understand how you yall justify your addiction. Oh and this fucking idiot Jvjs05, what the fuck you doing SNORTING pills, im sure the doctor said " 3 rails in the morning with glass of grapefruit juice". Now your going to put a Fen patch on. Some innocent doctor ( like my father) is going to get sued by your parents or/and lose his license to practice. GO TO REHAB! ( i did 7 times) Get a Hobby i.e. Surfing or Fishing and stop been a Pussy!!! Or you can have your buddy put it on your Forehead like the dumbass you are. ......End of Rant

Get the Fuck over It!!! You opiod adiddicts are all the same! Bunch of Babies! I use to bang Meth and Coke ( not at once) but that shitts addicting As Fuck!. I just dont understand how you yall justify your addiction. Oh and this fucking idiot Jvjs05, what the fuck you doing SNORTING pills, im sure the doctor said " 3 rails in the morning with glass of grapefruit juice". Now your going to put a Fen patch on. Some innocent doctor ( like my father) is going to get sued by your parents or/and lose his license to practice. GO TO REHAB! ( i did 7 times) Get a Hobby i.e. Surfing or Fishing and stop been a Pussy!!! Or you can have your buddy put it on your Forehead like the dumbass you are. ......End of Rant
Why don't we take up your hobby of going to rehab it seems to have done wonders for your temperament! Does your father have your compassion? If so I'm sure he's a wonderful doctor!

Obviously this person is going to what there going to do. I get that, really i do!. It just struck a nerve! You have no idea what these people put my Father through everyday and verbal abuse. So that Rant was for all the doc and nurses that put up with there BS for a living! Oh as for my Temperment i skipped Anger Management sessions when i was in there...I think he could handle that rant i mean Opioid w/d is a right of passage that no buddy would no nothing about! Right? Btw who are you to give any Medical advice? ...What you should have said was Detox,Rehad, Vivotral inj.( with Medical Assistance)

@OP
It's not the greatest idea to use fentanyl after a few days of the opioids. It will give you relief temporary, but will just extended the withdrawals, so don't use it and stay away from any opioid, maybe use some loperamide. It will take some time but eventually you will feel better without those drugs. :)

Last edited:
^^How obnoxious and condescending can you be? This is a drug forum where people ask for help and your comments are everything else but helpful.
If you have been an IV user and went to rehab 7 times you also are or were an addict so please stop your ignorant rants as if you were a better person and try to contribute something helpful, thank you.

PS: Skipping anger management was really smart if you are berating anonymous people on the internet.

^^How obnoxious and condescending can you be? This is a drug forum where people ask for help and your comments are everything else but helpful.
If you have been an IV user and went to rehab 7 times you also are or were an addict so please stop your ignorant rants as if you were a better person and try to contribute something helpful, thank you.

PS: Skipping anger management was really smart if you are berating anonymous people on the internet.
This +1

Op, I hope I'm not too late in responding to this. If you desire in any way to be free of opioid dependence, continue on your current path. If you've gone 3 days without oxycodone, you should be at or coming over the peak of the withdrawal. The hardest part is over. It's not going to be "easy" once the acute withdrawal phase is over. There will be some residual depression, anxiety and discomfort, but when comparing to the first couple days of withdrawal, it's significantly easier to deal with.

I know firsthand that thinking rationally is difficult when you're in the throes of withdrawal, but if you can find your inner strength and motivation, you can overcome it. Your oxycodone dose regimen is nothing to scoff at. Do not wait for your dependence to get worse. I normally don't like preaching, but I couldn't help myself given your circumstances.

With that said, yes, the 100mcg/hr is pretty strong, but you're also a well tolerant individual so I wouldn't worry about it. If you really want to coast through until you can get more of your DOC, just wear the patch like it's intended. Don't do anything stupid like abusing the patch. You'll most likely burn through it quick given fentanyl's comparatively short half-life and potentially end up right back where you started.

You are a douchebag. You have the prose, grammar and writing style of a dyslexic 2nd grader. I think the neurotoxic effects of methamphetamine have gotten to you. Luckily your pops is a doctor. I don't see how you can have such a hard time with simple spelling and punctuation. I'm a firm believer that intelligence is hereditary, but I'm starting to doubt my beliefs after all of this.

Your commentary is so not welcome on Bluelight. There are some newer and more impressionable folks who might actually take what you say to heart and it could have a very negative impact on their lives. Psychology 101: If you feel bad enough about yourself that you need to insult complete strangers over the internet, maybe you should consider getting some help for yourself.

Maybe you could write a letter to your negative self-image and tell it that you're no longer going to let it control you and cause you to do and say stupid things. I wish you luck and if you ever wish to improve your writing, send me a note. I'm an English teacher :)

Obviously this person is going to what there going to do. I get that, really i do!. It just struck a nerve! You have no idea what these people put my Father through everyday and verbal abuse. So that Rant was for all the doc and nurses that put up with there BS for a living! Oh as for my Temperment i skipped Anger Management sessions when i was in there...I think he could handle that rant i mean Opioid w/d is a right of passage that no buddy would no nothing about! Right? Btw who are you to give any Medical advice? ...What you should have said was Detox,Rehad, Vivotral inj.( with Medical Assistance)
I don' give medical advice I simply told op what I'm doing and how I feel. Opiates are insidious and yes drug addicts hurt innocent people it sucks but it's a fact. When you were using cocaine and meth you only hurt yourself?Don't believe that for one second.

Yea bcuz snorting pills it wayyy worse then banging meth and Coke right ? Thanks for your "help"

^Truth @namnoc

It takes a long period of experience and personal/emotional growth to truly understand the impact our actions have on the people around us. When I was heavily dependent a few years ago, I thought I was a big, bad adult, but in truth, I was more a child than anything. It was all about me, always.

Wish I had more time this morning to reply to your post CAPTIN ... But I had to get my ass to work regardless of how I felt ( you know that thing most people have to do that don't have a Rich daddy Doctor that let them sit on there ass and bang meth and Coke all day) but yeah like I said thanks for the input dumbass