Need advice

Pootiedog

Greenlighter
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. Have used this site many times over the years, never actually posted anything before. I'm 23 days clean off methadone. It's been pretty shit. So I didn't have very many comfort meds. Tried that plenty of times, just caused other problems, and never worked out. So I've been really cautious about taking anything except vitamins, low doses of lope, Tylenol and ibuprofen ome time every few days. Buuut, I got 3 xans that I've been taking little quarter peices of over the last week. Just wondering if I will have any problems cutting the xan out. I know the risks of getting hooked on those. Also the risks of getting off of those. That really scares me. As much as I enjoy them, I know myself, I know the risks, and I don't want that to be just another problem for me. Originally it was only going to be 1. Few days later, another one. Then a few days later 1 more. So I know I have a limited time to cut that completely out. If anyone knows anything about that, please let me know. Any advice on that would be helpful. I have been trying to go to a SMART meeting close to me, but last week dude said he was out of town and next week would be good. This week he said he would open the place for me but I'd probably be the only one there. Tried to get online and it wouldn't work. Apparently it's not phone compatible and I don't have a computer, or access to one I could use for that. Any advice on that would be much appreciated too.

Hi, congrats for demostrate your will power, as you said, if you dont want to mess it with benzos, you will not do it.
Yes, is a hardcore addiction and withdrawal, but, when they are abused, or used for long term in high doses.
Dont worry about it, just keep it right and keep clean, if that means use benzos for indeterminated time, its perfect, just dont became psichological dependent to them, take them as a relief for the actual situation, not as a relief for your general psychologic situation.

I have used benzos for various periods of my life, i used to have real panic attacks before my actual addiction of methamphetamine (6 years daily), and was like a miracle pill, plus i became more social and that shit that are red flags for me, becouse i can start using them to feel me more confortable in social situations, so, i dont admit that use anymore, im in 2mg clonazepam daily for around 3 years, but really i only take them when i feel that overwhelming "discomfort", maybe starting withdrawals, but, somedays i have skipped them for even 3-4 days without symptoms (the days i stop meth to keep me a little more healthly), but if i dont take 2-4mg of clonazepam before use meth again, the discomfort and anxiety are extremely depressant and anguish.

I have stopped cold turkey 3 times benzos, without serious reactions, even without psychological desire, becouse i was in a facility where there are not acces to drugs and is impossible to get out (like a shitty private prision), or get any medical support. Never happened nothing, i had dependence to clonazepam and valium cold turkey no problem.

I had taked other benzos too, about xanax, i would recommend change to klonopin, xanax is very short half life and the kick is something more noticeable, and im more propense to get addicted to them obviously, but benzos in general arent a problem for me, i have hundreds of clonazepam pills at my room and only take 2mg when i feel unconfortable, that lead to take less than the prescribed dose 2mg daily, and every month they accomulate and i save them, cuz they are very useful, and who knows who will need a help with supply or a single dose any day.

Dont worry, just be responsable, and dont use them to evade your reality, use them to relief the discomfort of the methadone wd, and you will be safe.

If you can see a medic to get prescription, if you want it, i would recommend it, bout if you dont need the benzos and other psych drugs, keep it right the way you are doing it, just take the decision in favour of your own progress.

Cheers!

glad you are reaching out, i worry about xanax as well..but you will be fine! really shouldnt have any issue of that little, keep up the good works!
Thank you. It definitely hasn't been easy. I have read many people's recovery journals on here and that has been very inspiring. People are open and honest about their experiences. They don't sugar coat it. It helps so much to have realistic expectations of what you are going to go through. Appreciate the response.

Hi, congrats for demostrate your will power, as you said, if you dont want to mess it with benzos, you will not do it.
Yes, is a hardcore addiction and withdrawal, but, when they are abused, or used for long term in high doses.
Dont worry about it, just keep it right and keep clean, if that means use benzos for indeterminated time, its perfect, just dont became psichological dependent to them, take them as a relief for the actual situation, not as a relief for your general psychologic situation.

I have used benzos for various periods of my life, i used to have real panic attacks before my actual addiction of methamphetamine (6 years daily), and was like a miracle pill, plus i became more social and that shit that are red flags for me, becouse i can start using them to feel me more confortable in social situations, so, i dont admit that use anymore, im in 2mg clonazepam daily for around 3 years, but really i only take them when i feel that overwhelming "discomfort", maybe starting withdrawals, but, somedays i have skipped them for even 3-4 days without symptoms (the days i stop meth to keep me a little more healthly), but if i dont take 2-4mg of clonazepam before use meth again, the discomfort and anxiety are extremely depressant and anguish.

I have stopped cold turkey 3 times benzos, without serious reactions, even without psychological desire, becouse i was in a facility where there are not acces to drugs and is impossible to get out (like a shitty private prision), or get any medical support. Never happened nothing, i had dependence to clonazepam and valium cold turkey no problem.

I had taked other benzos too, about xanax, i would recommend change to klonopin, xanax is very short half life and the kick is something more noticeable, and im more propense to get addicted to them obviously, but benzos in general arent a problem for me, i have hundreds of clonazepam pills at my room and only take 2mg when i feel unconfortable, that lead to take less than the prescribed dose 2mg daily, and every month they accomulate and i save them, cuz they are very useful, and who knows who will need a help with supply or a single dose any day.

Dont worry, just be responsable, and dont use them to evade your reality, use them to relief the discomfort of the methadone wd, and you will be safe.

If you can see a medic to get prescription, if you want it, i would recommend it, bout if you dont need the benzos and other psych drugs, keep it right the way you are doing it, just take the decision in favour of your own progress.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Yes, it definitely had helped on those hard days. I have experienced panic attacks also. If I could have gotten a script for something more helpful I probably would have in those first two weeks. In a heart beat, lol. I don't have a regular doctor, or insurance, and no money to spend on that. Some part of me wants any comfort meds I can get, but a tiny bit bigger part says I don't need it. I don't think there is anything wrong with people using any resources available, and any comfort meds they need. I've just had bad experiences with trading one addiction for another, too many times to count. Which has always led me back to the methadone. It is so crazy to me how meth does help stave off withdrawals for a while though. I'm not a big user of it, but I've had plenty of run ins with it over the years. Really weird that it does that. I appreciate the response. Thank you!