Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need advice

Zenoe

Greenlighter
Hello,

If possible I would like advice to some questions. My first that is what is a good dose of mdma to take if it has 85% purity. I was thinking 90mg. Would this be a safe dose, I'm not looking for something strong, just a nice, low level dose.
Also, what does the purity of mdma justify, are the effects stronger etc? As I have seen 70% and 85%.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

This is an interesting question really, IMO. How certain are you at the MDMA you have is 85%? Is this dealer/vendor fact or lab quantified? Really tho', in comparison to other illicit drugs like cocaine and heroin, 85% purity is saying a lot by todays drug market. I would imagine you wouldn't notice much difference between 85% purity and 90% purity quality wise, and I'm skeptical about any MDMA with around 99% purity or better do to caustic/sanitary conditions in mega-labs/small-labs.

From what I have read the lower the purity of MDMA is the more dose/weight you have to compensate for. Which makes sense. Something to think about in the grand scheme of things is what impurity(ies) could be taking up that second 15%. Probably nothing good imho.

One time Folley presented a link for a sample of crystalline MDMA that had detectable traces of safrole oil, which is a precursor of MDMA, and def hazardous to ones health.

90mg of 85% mdma (how do you know that? if it's not a test result from a lab you shouldn't trust it. at all.) would be 76.5mg of mdma, which is a low dose (but probably ok if not very intense) for a(n inexperienced) person with 75kg or a medium dose for someone with 50kg.

if all the cuts are inactive, then the only difference is that you need to take more to have the same effects as a smaller quanity of pure material.
if there are some active cuts among the 15% it might alter the effects (for instance if it's caffeine), overpower the mdma (if it's all meth), it might be unhealthy (safrole, ...) or it could be deadly (if it's pma or dxm or something…).

Most likely, the "purity" statistic your dealer quoted is meaningless. Dealers often quote an 84% figure because MDMA is often found as a HCl salt. In that form it's 84% MDMA by mass.

Singling out the molecule like that is kind of silly though. It's like saying the air I breathe is 20% pure because it's 20% oxygen.

If you ask me, one of two things is true:

A) your dealer doesn't know the exact purity of their product

B) your dealer cuts the product themselves

^^^nail on the head.

There is no way to quantify the purity, or all additional ingredients without lab testing.

Thanks for the responces. Some background on the source would be that its from [mod edit - someplace] stating the product is good quality etc. i still am going to test it myself, i'm waiting for a test kit in the post. Im hoping that buying it from [mod edit - someplace] will provide me with a safer product than [mod edit - someplace else].

I still haven't decided on the dose though. I think i'll do a 90mg bomb and i'm 16 stone, my gf is 13 stone and she will go with 75mg maybe?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited by a moderator:
If your product passes a reagent test, then 75-90 mg are perfectly safe doses.

Unless you are a small person i would prescribe a dose of 110-120mg to ensure full effect as in really rolling.

90-100mg is ideal for a smaller person or someone very new to using drugs.

I guess 90-100mg is good for anybody looking for light or just therapeutic effects.

Sorry im a e-tard. 90-100mgs should be perfect to get you comfortable with mdma but after gaining experience i would recommend 110-120mgs.

Great, thanks for the responses. What do you mean by regent test? I've got one of these http://www.eztestkits.com/en/ez-testing-kits/mdma-purity . do you know if they are any good/is any further testing needed?

these kits can give you a rough estimate of the purity once you know that there's in fact mdma inside your sample (provided you have an accurate scale). since they don't tell (or i couldn't find) what chemicals are inside i cannot tell you if it would also be reacting with other chemicals that might be in your sample in addition or instead of mdma. generally it's advised to first confirm the identity of the substance before trying to quanitfy it.

Excellent idea! It's true that the "hassle" of testing is a small price to pay for the safety of knowing something about what's in your drugs.