Mental Health Need advice with upcoming psychiatrist visit (ADHD+ANXIETY)

Regulat0r

Greenlighter
Hey everyone so im currently on tapering off methadone (voluntary) and I have been on it for a total of 1.5 years. Im currently at 20mg coming off 85mg. Long story short, I have been on Adderall for over 10 years of my life for ADHD as well as off and on benzodiazepines short term for anxiety/panic attacks. Unfortunately due to opiate abuse in the past and or the fact im currently on methadone, I feel my chances are extremely slim to impossible to get these medications prescribed once again. That being said I was hoping you guys can help me out and or give me some advice for this upcoming visit. I have not seen a psychiatrist for over 4 years. Ever since I started MMT and stopped taking all meds ( addies/benzos ) I have been a HERMIT. I haven't worked for over 3 years.. I cannot focus and I deal with extreme GAD and almost agoraphobia with panic attacks. I know it sounds stupid and or counter productive having a stim and a sedative but its what WORKS for me. I have tried over 15 different medications in the past and those two were the results of what worked and I am not trying to experiment on more during this taper process.. I wanna stay with what works for now at least. my goal is to obtain my addy script and preferably clonazepam (would also be happy with just 1 or the other). I just don't know what to say or how to tell the doctor what I want without sounding like a drug seeker. With that being said I am going to bring the last 10 years of perscription history along with my records from the methadone clinic I attend.. which includes all the clean UA's for the past 1.5 years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am well aware of the risk of benzos + methadone as well as the withdrawals/dependency of benzos!

it's not stupid being on a stim and downer, i'm on the combo as i type this......... infact i won't actually get into what's flowing through my veins right now, but in my experience honesty is the best policy when it comes to a fucking lot of things, just go about it that way while keeping in mind not to sound 'drug seeking' because you've got Substance abuse on your record they may not be super gung-ho to write your script, but explain to them the benefits it had for you, and that you're in a hole and it's likely going to propel you right outta that hole (y) 🙃

it's not stupid being on a stim and downer, i'm on the combo as i type this......... infact i won't actually get into what's flowing through my veins right now, but in my experience honesty is the best policy when it comes to a fucking lot of things, just go about it that way while keeping in mind not to sound 'drug seeking' because you've got Substance abuse on your record they may not be super gung-ho to write your script, but explain to them the benefits it had for you, and that you're in a hole and it's likely going to propel you right outta that hole (y) 🙃

hmm... i bet its safe to say your eyes are pinned rn :unsure: anyway i agree with you 100% about the honestly... Given the fact that i have so much anxiety its hard to approach the doc without being prepared. I already have issues as it is getting my point across.. i havent communicated with many people since i have been holed up.That said im not sure if i should play it safe and stick to focusing on addressing my adhd and the next visit addressing anxiety or perhaps im over-thinking this?In my mind the approach i was gonna take was to just tell him id like to address my mental health with medication and Cognitive behavioral therapy... i have tried going without my medication for some time now but since then the quality of my life has turned to shit... heres the list of meds i was on, heres what worked, yada yada yada... anyway thanks for chiming in friend!