• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Need Advice with Focalin XR Dosing

MJ_Fan1958

Greenlighter
Hello all,
This is my first thread so I am sorry if someone else already created a post similar to mine.

Backstory:
  • A few weeks ago I tried 30 mg of Focalin XR and felt little to no effects. So, about a week ago I decided to pop 40 mg before heading to a friend's birthday party. To make this post more simple, here's a list of side effects I experienced in order of when they happened:
  • extreme lightheadedness/dizziness
  • felt like I was somewhere else/dreaming
  • quiet; didn't find anything funny
  • confused at other people's conversations, didn't know what they were saying
  • jittery; I couldn't stop bouncing my legs
  • nausea; almost decided to run to the bathroom because I thought I would throw up
  • excessive sweating; felt icy cold at the same time
This all lasted about 4-5 hours. The sweating and cold feeling lasted about 5 minutes. I am 5'1" and weigh 98 lbs. I am very physically active and have a somewhat good diet(don't eat a lot though) and sleep. I am currently on Concerta 18 mg for ADD. I skipped today's dose because I was wondering if that was interacting with the Focalin. I think I remember reading somewhere that SSRI's help with the comedown. I decided to take one Fluoxetine 10 mg and one 20 mg. Last night I cracked open some capsules and crushed about 33 mg of Focalin XR. I lost a little dust while crushing it so it's probably more like 31-32 mg.

My questions are:
  1. Will the 31-32 mg result in terrible effects like the 40 mg did?
  2. Was the Concerta interacting with the Focalin?
  3. Is it true that SSRI's help with the comedown? If so, when should I take them?
  4. Are there any other things I need to know before taking the pills?
Thank you for your time and for your response. It is all greatly appreciated.

1. Lowering the dose to 31-32 mg would probably help with the side effects but to be safe I’d probably just try 20 to be safe
2. Concerta and focalin have very similar active ingredients. Cocnerta is methylphenidate and focalin is dexmethylphenidate which means that is one of the isomers already present in concerta. Basically it’s double strength concerta.
3. Idk about SSRIs but a benzo would probably help with falling asleep after
4. If you’re looking for a recreational high as it seems you are, I recommend crushing up the focalin and doing small key bumps of it throughout the night. Closely related to cocaine actually and it’s pharma grade ;)

1. Luckily for me, I have one filled with 20 mg and the other with the remaining 11-12 mg. My first time trying Focalin I took 20 mg and it was a great high but a terrible comedown with lightheadedness and nausea.
3. Unfortunately, I've used up all the Valium I have, so I don't have any more benzos. Is there anything else that might help?
4. So should I take 20 mg and then wait till that wears off and take the other 11-12 mg?

Be careful with that shit. I found a bottle and took like...a lot everyday. I woke up one morning and my hands were swollen like balloons. I was on the verge of having a heart attack

Yeah, I don't do it too often. Not sure I'll do 40 mg again. Thanks for the warning though.

A beer and joint might do the trick just don’t drink too much. I’d probably not do 20 mg all in one go. That’d be a lot all at once since you’re snorting it. Maybe go 10 mg to start and then work you’re way up to a good dose from there. You don’t wanna run out when you’re at the bar and be left with a shitty comedown there

Closely related to cocaine actually and it’s pharma grade ;)
Yeah but mixed thoroughly into the binder, it's like a very heavily cut cocaine anyway. I once had pure ethylphenidate powder, that was nice, but still no cocaine.

Whoops. Forgot to mention I just take it orally. I would never snort that much at a time XD I would totally crack open a cold one but unfortunately I am not 21 yet. :(

Yeah but mixed thoroughly into the binder, it's like a very heavily cut cocaine anyway. I once had pure ethylphenidate powder, that was nice, but still no cocaine.
This is true. Personally, however, I'd rather have pill filler than god knows what in street drugs. I've never had a chance to get good cocaine so I've never used it and can't speak to the subjective comparisons all I know is that the pharmacological mechanisms are quite similar.

Whoops. Forgot to mention I just take it orally. I would never snort that much at a time XD I would totally crack open a cold one but unfortunately I am not 21 yet. :(
Hahaha 20 mg insufflated would be quite the trip. You'll be good to go taking it orally. Have fun!

all I know is that the pharmacological mechanisms are quite similar.
I hear you there. I also agree that MPH and coke work the same, the main difference is cocaine has a better serotonin affinity and a lower enthropy of binding (stays at it's target binding site on MAT longer over the course of attaching and inhibiting uptake)

I hear you there. I also agree that MPH and coke work the same, the main difference is cocaine has a better serotonin affinity and a lower enthropy of binding (stays at it's target binding site on MAT longer over the course of attaching and inhibiting uptake)
Interesting, never knew that. Thank you for enlightening me!