• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need advice on septa vial caps

Inds

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I'm getting really shitty customer service with online vendors. I need a reusable vial where the product (anesthesia) may remain for years but I'm getting contradictory instructions so don't know where to start. Do I buy septa screw caps or aluminum ones that require a crimper? Then when I'm about to buy vials, what do I look for to know they're compatible with the caps? Thanks.

I'm not saying that this is disallowed in any way. I feel that finding a way to ensure sustainability and safety with your substances is important. However, I'll give you my little schpeel that might help you out: for advice regarding practices that are completely legal e.g. how do I store medicine to ensure that it doesn't become dangerous/toxic/inert, are best asked of folks in the licit scientific community. In general, Bluelight is composed of addicts who decide they want to become more knowledgeable about drugs, whereas the scientific/medical community has/have years of education regarding the finer points of chemistry and such. I think what I'm trying to say, is that perhaps you should consult with a completely legitimate vendor and then use that knowledge to buy from the other folks. It's like how I use the Nordstrom App to tell me what I should buy at H&M.

I would be happy to try and figure this out for you, but I honestly believe the safer thing to do is consult with a vendor or a 3rd party and get their advice. I can do it if you do not feel like it, but I think it is good to get in the habit of conducting your own research. Being independent is important for good HR and I'm not implying anything by telling you this. I would tell anyone!

I'm interested in both recreational and licit drug use. This particular case is only about storing lidocaine (as well as future substances) because my past practice has been to use a cork-plugged vial. Within months it was full of dust and contaminants, not to mention I kept injecting air into my body and within a year it completely evaporated. I made a thread a year ago where I was recommended septa vials. This was a great start but all the vendors have been completely useless. I have reached out to them but they've been giving me contradictory information. Some say the cap is reusable and some say it isn't. Before I buytheir crap I wanna make sure I make an informed decision. Thanks for the offer for help.

This community is indispensable to me. You guys helped me overcome suicidal mood swings when every psychiatrist, pharmacist, physician and psychologist in my town were utterly useless cuntrags who knew less than a few anonymous junkies on the internet I've never met. Not only are these bureaucrats stupid as fuck but they are completely ignorant of the philosophy of harm reduction. They are more concerned about following a script than saving lives. Really makes me sick of the human race. I told the guy to his face that I am taking these pills with or without his advice but without will be riskier. The bureaucrat swore allegiance to something else. This whole system is garbage. But you guys, the faceless digital abstractions that I never met, have been better than awesome in providing actual answers, actual help, actual results that I can be proud of.

I realize that rant was mostly off topic but after being away for a year I've become garrulous and needed to get that off my chest. For real, you guys are the shit. Just felt you should know that.

I agree independence is important. I'm proud to have disavowed the system which is complete trash and obsolete.

Hey guys,

I'm getting really shitty customer service with online vendors. I need a reusable vial where the product (anesthesia) may remain for years but I'm getting contradictory instructions so don't know where to start. Do I buy septa screw caps or aluminum ones that require a crimper? Then when I'm about to buy vials, what do I look for to know they're compatible with the caps? Thanks.
you'll probably want a vial made of glass, that does not have an aluminum head (this factor depends on the substance, because some substances are slightly erroding and you wouldnt want aluminum in your product, but a glass vial thats kept out of the light, stored in a dark, normal moisture/climate @ room temp BUT if your substance is freezable, you may look into a proper medical vial made of some sort of medical plastic that you can freeze similar to that of the methadone bottles (i do not know what theyre made of though) that've been perfectly fine to freeze and unfreeze and refreeze in my experience. (if anyone reading is wondering WHY freeze methadone, i hadn't gotten it for me my mother was in wd and i picked up 5 100ml 20mg/ml bottles thinking theyd last 3 weeks, jokes on me. i wasn't sure about freezing them but dude i got em' from (an ex heavy heroin user who'd been on the stuff for 20 years told me to put them there, or hide them away which i really shouldve -,- but i do highly reccomend whatever those bottles are made out of. maybe someone'll know. for the cap i'm not sure id like to think alumnium lasts longer but, ive stored shit properly where 5 year old narcotics have worked just as good as brand new ones so i'm only half knowledgable on this one.

Thanks for the input. I don't plan to freeze the product so the vial will be glass. If I can't use an aluminum cap, are plastic screw-caps a viable alternative? I hope both will prevent evaporation.
I also never knew you could freeze methadone but thanks for that tip, lol.

Thanks for the input. I don't plan to freeze the product so the vial will be glass. If I can't use an aluminum cap, are plastic screw-caps a viable alternative? I hope both will prevent evaporation.
I also never knew you could freeze methadone but thanks for that tip, lol.
yep, for long-term storage freeze methadone (i'm sure you know this already but, you have to ensure it's the best air tight cap you can manage to aquire since to the best of my knowledge even the best caps aren't 100% airtight which can either lead to a decomposition of your product over time (less potency) or it can possibly evaporate, but i'm not sure it would evaporate a noticable amount before you finish it? how long is the storage going to be for? what substance?

So which is more airtight, aluminum or plastic screwcap? The storage will be for a year or two. The product right now is lidocaine 1% but I may store other substances in the future as well so it's more of an inquiry for a general practice.