• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Need advice on Poppy Plant extraction.

teological

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelighters, I have used the search engine and Google, and have yet to find an answer.

This is completely hypothetical as I am scared of the law, but say someone has plants all grown and ready to cut/score from, can he just pull the whole plants from the ground and without grinding or cutting or doing anything, simply place them in a massive pot of water and boil them for a while, until the water starts to reduce and evaporate and starts to become thick? Then simply strain out the whole plants and throw them out?

Is this effective, or do I have to "score/cut the pods" or do I have to grind the plant/pods before placing them in the pot?

Would the hot water somehow extract the alkaloids form inside the plant/pods without me having to cut or grind the plant? Can I just throw them in whole, boil, strain plants and then evaporate the water?

Thanks.

You shouldn't boil them as it may kill some of the alkaloids, but you can throw everything in a pot and heat in up just below boiling (turn it down the second it starts to boil). You want to throw something acidic in their to help extract the opiates, and make sure the pods are crushed too.

Personally I would keep them in the ground and score them a few times each, and then I would cut them down to make the tea out of them. Don't throw the whole plant in though, just the pod and maybe 3 inches of stem below it.

Can I just throw them in whole, boil, strain plants and then evaporate the water?

Technically yes, but the product will be of much lower quality than "proper" opium latex, because the remainder of the plant contains relatively little alkaloids.

Leave em growing and score. The collect the latex. That's the good stuff. You can still make tea outta the pods later.

Latex collection can be a learning curve though; don't expect 100 percent yield the first time.

You can use a sponge to collect latex that isn't dried.. so u can cut and collect and cut down all your plants in half a night... then put the sponge in some distilled water overnight then run through a coffe filter... no law trouble... I have trespassed just overnight and gotten a good golden surface on a dinner plate.. If you dont score It Imo you wIll waste the hypothetical crop... can't say I've ever done anything except tea with the straw (the plants)

I was hoping that I could just slam the plants into the pot an it would extract the content without doing anything to the plant. I am severely frightened of law enforcement and their perception of poppy plants. Seeing as though scoring seems to be a must, or at least crushing the pods, I may refrain for a long time to come...

Thanks anyway guys.

The big question: When am I going to be free? Free to plant and consume what I want?

Take hold on the latex and heat up the dried pods for pleasant tea experience.

if you cant be bothered with the scoring part then its no big deal, you can just make a tea out of the pod grinds. Remove the seeds, grind the pods to a powder, soak in warm-hot water for 20 minutes, strain off the mush.

You are missing a trick by not extracting the latex though, its free Opium ! But its not essential to collect the Opium, just a bit wasteful IMHO.

The pod tea itself can be very strong: 2 big giganteums would be perhaps more than enough for someone with no tolerance IME. Just take it slowly and remember it can take hours to kick in.

Technically yes, but the product will be of much lower quality than "proper" opium latex, because the remainder of the plant contains relatively little alkaloids.
I don't think that's accurate.im pretty sure before they flower and grow a pod the alkaloids are evenly distributed.but after eating one that had just flowered starting at the pod and eating my way down to the root and was bitter in the pod and got less bitter as I went down the stem with 1inch from the root not being bitter at all I suspect that the alkaloids start to migrate towards the pod or the pod makes more alkaloids than the rest of the plant keeping in mind it had just flowered a week before and was not ripe or ready to score but it was definitely full of goodies