Need Advice On Detoxing from Percocet

The thing it comes down to... really all it comes down to is accepting your going to feal really rough for six or seven days.. If you look back at when you returned to use it was right at the height of withdrawal.. three days are right about when all the drugs you were useing were completely out of your system. It does not get any worse than that, sure after being there for a day or so we can get worn down. But think about it, you have already been in the misery for way longer than you would have been if you had not returned to use. I know it sucks, really i FUCKING know as i spent a grip there and it was not my first time.

So we find ourselves slipping into a doing the same thing and expecting different results paradime.

You said before that clonodine didn't do anything for you. Its a adrenal antagonist. Your absolutely right when you say you did not notice anything, but you are not correct when you say it did nothing for you. It does allot and when it is combined with non opiate medications that relieve the other symptoms you will be very happy its on board. You also stated that the other medications I promote have their own problems, well yes this is absolutely true, but none that come on in a weeks course designed to help you detox from the opiates. Trueth. I'm not presenting a medication line that will help you skip the piper, it does not exist. I present a line of medications that will make your time in the tunnel as short and as bearable as possible.

The honest truth is that you can deal with this.. I gave you an inflated time as all people are a little different and coming to a promised time frame for relief after a huge struggle like this can crush even the strongest. At this point you will be out in 6.5 day easy. You may even be out much sooner, like 5.5. what you need to do is say fuck this im done.. I can do seven days sitting on my head is it means I will not end up doing 35 days trying to avoid it and then still have to do it anyway.

The real first victory comes when we say fuck it, no matter how I fucking feal I know there is relief at the end of this tunnel and I know its less then seven days away.. Im done playing games with myself, this is a battle I have no choice but to fight and win, im done fighting and losing over and over, so im in for the haul. Im going to feal like ass and be driven to use like its my life on the line. But Im going to stick this one out no matter what as there is relief without a doubt at the end and im not going to trudge up the same shit ass trail i have passed over and over, only to plummet for a seconds unfulfilling rest, to start the missry over again.

So how are you going to approach this victorious achievement differently? Have you been sitting around or laying around in misery, what's the fucking point of that.. if I can jump of the whale killing dose i had going and do all the shit I did, and im the farthest thing from super man, then you may consider planning some stuff to do.

You are doing this!! Fight, man your less then seven days away from the light at the end of the first tunnel and it never going to get easier so just jump already. ;)<3
God I want to so bad. I can't get all those meds unless I go to a Dr. I have an appointment today so we'll see. The hardest thing is that I have a 1 year old baby and work etc. I wasn't able to do any of that stuff when I was off everything. I wish I could go away for a week or two. The sound of the baby crying was driving me completely nuts.

The sound of the baby crying was driving me completely nuts.

It genetically programmed into us.. baby cries we absolutely lose it until we fix whatever is wrong.

Well neversickanymore I'm going to do it. Complete Cold turkey. Starting tomorrow. I've made arrangements to go to my parent's house for the next 7days so I can just focus on doing this. I got a script for a few clonodine and klonopin. My folks know the drill as they've seen me at my worst. I can't do this in front of my little boy and my wife. So, off to my parents house tomorrow. I'll be reading your last post every day for sure as it gives me hope. Thanks.

Nice=D, you got this<3.. remeber its only temporary.. it just feels permanent, thats part of its powerful delusion. Don't fall for it.. seven days and your through the worst of it for sure.

Way to draw that line in the sand and say fuck this im not crossing it, Period. . Thats how we win=D

line-in-sand2.jpg

Well it's been about 27 hours since my last dose of lope (16mg) after taking about 30mg per day for the last 3 days, (spaced between 2 doses a day) and never feeling "good" at any point during that time but just having the edge of my percaset withdrawal eased off slightly. And I am having 0 withdrawal symptoms. I would even say I'm feeling quite good, which I haven't been able to say the whole time taking the lope. In addition, my appetite is back with a vengeance whereas the last couple weeks I could barely eat. It's been 13 days since I stopped my 2 month percaset run. I mean I would expect to feel something by now.

Last edited:
I would not expect much. =D Lope really can work wonders when coming of a manageable habit.. it does not work so well usually coming off a larger one.

Looks like you snuck outa hell after all, sorta right... you may feal a little off, but kinda seems like your through a great deal. =D

Since you have been in and out with the substance abuse, do you feal your an addict and if so do you have any plans at addressing this?

Since you have been in and out with the substance abuse, do you feal your an addict and if so do you have any plans at addressing this?
Well I'm an opiate addict for sure. I love them in the way an alcoholic loves booze. But I can drink a couple beers once a week or so and never get caught out. So I'm sorta on the fence about what being a pure "addict ' is. I did have 5 years in a 12 step program around 2009 but a knee surgery introduced me to the Rx type of opiates whereas I was using the heroin in my using days.

It's odd to me how one person can say, smoke for a couple years and just quit, such as myself, whereas others struggle forever. So I get confused about whether it's the substance or the person that is the critical factor. For example in NA they say it's the person. In AA they also feel the substance plays a role.

In any case, I never really felt at home in the 12 step groups. Perhaps I'll look more into the SMART recovery program. There's actually a meeting close to me.

Regardless of any of this, I know, as does my whole family, that if I ever need surgery again, we're going to have to have a plan so that this doesn't happen again. The result would be catastrophic. We're still not 100% convinced I really dodged a bullet here. I do feel like a whole new person but I'm being cautious and will wait to see how the night and tomorrow go.

I do want to thank you neversickanymore for all of your support as your words inspired me to jump today.

Congratulations on the big decision!

Personally I feel it's a combination of substance annd person. There are clearly some substances that are more dangerous than others, but the propensity to consume a certain drug is clearly a function of a person's individual psyche as well.

Good luck and stay strong, pain is weakness leaving the body!

Day 2 clean. Feeling a bit off but nothing crazy. Might just be the clonodine I took last night for sleep has me sorta hungover . Grateful to be off everything though. Looks like I'm on my way back to health.

I love the way you put it Neversickanymore, I "snuck out of hell". But the devil was watching the whole time. And he told me next time, he won't let me off that easy.

Last edited:
Congratulations Lovecraft! :)
Thanks Smoky. Unfortunately though, I've been feeling increasingly "off" today. I guess it's not done with me quite yet. It's more of a mental /emotional struggle at this point., i e depression and anxiety. Too bad, I was hoping I could go back to the wife and kid today :-( she's begging me to come home and doesn't get why I can't be there now.

It's normal to feel off, and perfectly okay. It might be this way for a little while, but each day it does lessen, the anxiety might lessen first, the depression may linger somewhat … but that will get better too. Each day gets a little brighter. I remember on the 6th day I was smiling a bit, I still had waves of anxiety but it didn't effect me as much. It was the 6th or 7th day I 'knew' I was going to be OK. I looked up and the light was shining through the branches and I felt I made it!
And each day towards that was confirming that feeling.

Good news is your loved ones will be there no matter what, when you do go home. You are taking care of 'you' right now and it's okay for others to wait a little while until you feel ready. I let my loved ones know i wasn't in a place to be emotionally available as I was sick (detoxing is being sick for a little while), and they understood. <3

It's normal to feel off, and perfectly okay. It might be this way for a little while, but each day it does lessen, the anxiety might lessen first, the depression may linger somewhat … but that will get better too. Each day gets a little brighter. I remember on the 6th day I was smiling a bit, I still had waves of anxiety but it didn't effect me as much. It was the 6th or 7th day I 'knew' I was going to be OK. I looked up and the light was shining through the branches and I felt I made it!
And each day towards that was confirming that feeling.

Good news is your loved ones will be there no matter what, when you do go home. You are taking care of 'you' right now and it's okay for others to wait a little while until you feel ready. I let my loved ones know i wasn't in a place to be emotionally available as I was sick (detoxing is being sick for a little while), and they understood. <3
Thanks for the encouraging words Smoky. I wish my loved ones understood more but they don't really get it even though they try. My wife and I have a 1yeae old son who requires a lot of attention and she's doing it all herself right now, which is hard for her.

I completely understand, it must be very hard for her, but a 'few days' is nothing in comparison to years you'll be available after you get though this.

It's very important to focus on getting better right now so you 'can' be available … and get back to yourself to be with them. In these situations as difficult as it is, the loved ones for someone in acute phase need to find outside help or other family members for the baby. Your wife is not sick right now, you are.. and moving towards health again. This is ime, and having worked in family groups before. It's very important to take care of yourself through the sick phase :)

Well day 3 : still feeling "weird", not quite sick but not quite well. Depressed and anxious as all hell.

"I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife. It's lonely out in space. "

Last edited:
Just got out for a bit as it's a nice day. I can really tell I'm not myself. It's not so much like acute w/D the way I felt on day one after the percaset but more like this deep lingering malaise. I wonder how long this lasts.

I'm really surprised about this considering how good I felt on day 1. That lope is a tricky drug.

Read through the paws info I posted awhile back. Usually under seven Months.. your habit was pretty reasonable so it has a good chance of being much shorter.

Keep roling.. your doing great.. arobic exercise is your friend

Read through the paws info I posted awhile back. Usually under seven Months.. your habit was pretty reasonable so it has a good chance of being much shorter.

Keep roling.. your doing great.. arobic exercise is your friend
You think this is PAWS? It feels more like acutes to me. Cuz if this is PAWS then I should go back to my wife and kid today cuz I was just going to seclude myself at my folks place for the acutes. To me this feels more like acutes, albeit a much lighter one than what I would've gone through coming off the percs.

Well day 3 : still feeling "weird", not quite sick but not quite well. Depressed and anxious as all hell.

"I miss the earth so much, I miss my wife. It's lonely out in space. "

Perhaps you are out of the sick phase, or moving out of it. That's great! I for sometime felt I couldn't reach even myself, much less anyone else.. it all seemed so distant and out of grasp, but that will change. Also paws might be happening for you a little now.
Look how far you've come!
Focus on that, maybe? At what you have achieved… even if you don't feel well. It's difficult I know, but you are doing this … moving through it … as hard as it's been… And it's no walk in the park. :)

Perhaps you are out of the sick phase, or moving out of it. That's great! I for sometime felt I couldn't reach even myself, much less anyone else.. it all seemed so distant and out of grasp, but that will change. Also paws might be happening for you a little now.
Look how far you've come!
Focus on that, maybe? At what you have achieved… even if you don't feel well. It's difficult I know, but you are doing this … moving through it … as hard as it's been… And it's no walk in the park. :)
Yeah, I have achieved a lot. I know it's just a matter of time now. Before, when I ran out of percs, I thought I would completely loose my mind. I've gone through w/drawl before and knew I couldn't do it. The lope bought me some time and smoothed out the detox I'm going through now a bit. Still don't know if it was worth it. But yeah, it's no walk in the park. And I still had to leave my family for a while. I worry because my wife has her own psychiatric issues and needs a lot of support with the baby and all.

Last edited: