• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need a new vice (What’s your vice?)

g0df1sh

Bluelighter
Everyone has one.

be it drugs, sex or rock n roll. Lol.(or all of the above).

In all sincerity though, I’m looking for a new vice and figured I’d ask here.

Cannabis is too heavy for me and often anxiety inducing - I don’t blame the cannabis but rather potential neural associations made in my early 20s. Cannabis is not an easy going thing for me, it’s work. So that’s out.

I love the euphoria, relaxation and boldness of alcohol, but my body hates processing it, even a little bit - headaches, puking, so again it doesn’t really work for me.

I liked painkillers too, but that didn’t quite get me where I wanted to be either. The pills seemed lacking still.

What I’m looking for is something a bit euphoric, bright, relaxed, warm, dreamy maybe even a bit dissociative. I want to redirect my depressed thoughts and feelings, and numb out some physical and emotional pain.
I’m an artist, I like to practice/study/create..I like to deep dream and make something out of it, bring back little pieces for the world.

so ideally I’m searching for something or two things that would allow me to do so with more ease (maybe one for the relaxation melting away into my bed and one for doing things)
ideally these things are reasonably accessible, or perhaps someone more experienced can direct me.

I’ve been researching about Kratom, that seems doable. Wondering what you all think about the different strains?

I’m certainly curious about that old celebrated opium but have no idea where to get it.

I just need something new to enjoy and shift my frame of reference every once in a while. Except for strange thoughts, im sober almost always. Im open to suggestions :)

What’s your vice?
What do you enjoy on a weekly basis?
what’s your favorite state of being?

Everyone has one.

Cannabis is too heavy for me and often anxiety inducing - I don’t blame the cannabis but rather potential neural associations made in my early 20s. Cannabis is not an easy going thing for me, it’s work. So that’s out.

I love the euphoria, relaxation and boldness of alcohol, but my body hates processing it, even a little bit - headaches, puking, so again it doesn’t really work for me.

I liked painkillers too, but that didn’t quite get me where I wanted to be either. The pills seemed lacking still.

What I’m looking for is something a bit euphoric, bright, relaxed, warm, dreamy maybe even a bit dissociative. I want to redirect my depressed thoughts and feelings, and numb out some physical and emotional pain.
I’m an artist, I like to practice/study/create..I like to deep dream and make something out of it, bring back little pieces for the world.

so ideally I’m searching for something or two things that would allow me to do so with more ease (maybe one for the relaxation melting away into my bed and one for doing things)
ideally these things are reasonably accessible, or perhaps someone more experienced can direct me.

I’ve been researching about Kratom, that seems doable. Wondering what you all think about the different strains?

I’m certainly curious about that old celebrated opium but have no idea where to get it.

I just need something new to enjoy and shift my frame of reference every once in a while. Except for strange thoughts, im sober almost always. Im open to suggestions :)

What’s your vice?

Thank you all

😁

Man, the age old search.
Watching this to maybe find a couplathree to acquire.
(y)

I like the red strains (red borneo specifically) and OPMS concentrates. The greens are great for a speedy buzz if you take them in smaller doses. The problem with kratom is sourcing it. 90% of kratom newcomers buy crap (sometimes literally). Avoid gas station and head shop “kratom”, it’s all crap. Online vendors are even worse imo. It took me years and years to form relationships with kratom distributors and I now order from the sources where it’s grown in Thailand. You need to talk to the sources that the distributors buy from and cut the middleman out. You get the freshest and most quality kratom that way, and it’s loads cheaper than buying from a distributor.

I’m making up some kratom now. Thanks for reminding me and welcome to BL @g0df1sh.

Thanks! Yea I’ve heard something to that effect. There are a bunch of reports on erowid of kratom induced hepatoxocity apparently from contaminated kratom (though I don’t yet know enough about kratom to know if the plant itself could cause such an effect. I am agreeably a chemical n00b.)

I’m interested in a red/white mix I spied online - red bc it’s apparently most alike in effect to an opiate, white bc of the proclaimed euphoria.

Are there any online sources you are able to recommend? I’m a long ways from Thailand!
Kudos for developing your own relationships with suppliers - that generally seems to be best practice for most things.

Cheers 😁

Kratom is a wonderful option. It’s legal largely (check your local laws about this). Different strains do different things, some are more sedating and some are more stimulating. You’ll need to research what you are looking for. Try getting a sample pack with different strains and see which one floats your boat.

I personally like the GABA b agonist (also a gabapentinoid in higher doses) phenibut, which is also legal (except for in Australia and the former Soviet nations). I find it incredibly useful for its mood boosting qualities and as an anxiolytic. I’m much more social and feel a sort of speediness without anxiety, and I can sleep like a baby if I want too. Baclofen is almost identical in structure and effect as phenibut, but you’ll need a script for those, as well as similar gabapentinoids like gabapentin and pregabalin.

Both kratom and phenibut are addictive if you over do them and phenibut has horrific withdrawals, so be careful.

Wow I feel super noob. I’ve never heard of GABA b - 🤓 time for some research. Thanks for the recommendation and the warning.

Just be aware that kratom can be a bitch and a half to kick once it gets its hooks into you. I'm on my 2nd attempt at a taper to get back to the point I dont need it everyday. From what I've read and learned from others, the withdrawal may not be as bad as some full MOR agonists, it is still the most uncomfortable I've ever been when I hit full withdrawal (hence the slow gradual taper) I experience a kind of inexpressible restlessness. Be careful if you go down this road...

Sourcing is a big no no on bluelight because it invites spammers.

I know these sources through years of networking and building relationships. Asking places that sell kratom where they buy it (if it’s good quality) and then making my own connections with their distributors and so on. It’s well worth the time and effort to buy great kratom that you know is what you want and so much cheaper too. It just takes time and relationship building.

Gotchya. Yea I’ll have to do some trial and error then.

Sounds like LSD might be your calling though it lasts 12 hours. Though once a month or every two weeks is enough to avoid feeling to burnt by LSD. I use to trip weekly and still do when i feel the need too.

Sounds like LSD might be your calling though it lasts 12 hours. Though once a month or every two weeks is enough to avoid feeling to burnt by LSD. I use to trip weekly and still do when i feel the need too.

I haven’t had lsd is a long time, I loved it though.

Everyone has one.

What’s your vice?
Hey mate, warm welcome here first.

Now, I have not actually read your post just yet but I definitely will do I just wanted to shout this response out.

Kava! Do you know it? Lovely lovely buzz once you work through possible reverse tolerance and find a nice cultivar you like and if you live in the USA you have the whole world of the finest kava on your doorstep we are much more limited in the United Kingdom for example.

I will read the rest of your post now if it's possible because I'm pretty wasted on kava myself this evening but if it's something you have not tried before and you were looking for a new psychoactive and medicinal high for relaxation and Recreation and general relief at the same time, may be worth a look.

I would be glad to advise with specific cultivars, they come from all over-Fiji,,Tonga, Soloman Islands, Hawai, Vanuatu... but can all be so different in effects, more even then different strains of cannabis.

Kava can be drunk every single day, zero addictiin and withdrawals. Has helped very many drinkers (alcohol) happily kick it and never look back,,happier and healthier all round.

Just worth knowing about anyway if you don't already I'm going to read the rest of your post and the others now.

Art. Make art everyday. Even if it sucks. Do it high do it sober do it when it feels good and when it feels stupid. Pour yourself into anything you possibly can that will have an end result you can reflect on and be proud or ashamed or whatever about. But it will be a part of yourself that you etched into the world.

Make art a religion and an addiction.

I realize this is a bullshit guidance counselor response.

Actual junkie response: Valerian root
Tea not capsules.

Last edited:
Art. Make art everyday. Even if it sucks. Do it high do it sober do it when it feels good and when it feels stupid. Pour yourself into anything you possibly can that will have an end result you can reflect on and be proud or ashamed or whatever about. But it will be a part of yourself that you etched into the world.

Make art a religion and an addiction.

I realize this is a bullshit guidance counselor response.

Actual junkie response: Valerian root
Tea not capsules.

I like that response. I’m working on it.

what’s your experience with valerian root? How do you like it?

Hey mate, warm welcome here first.

Now, I have not actually read your post just yet but I definitely will do I just wanted to shout this response out.

Kava! Do you know it? Lovely lovely buzz once you work through possible reverse tolerance and find a nice cultivar you like and if you live in the USA you have the whole world of the finest kava on your doorstep we are much more limited in the United Kingdom for example.

I will read the rest of your post now if it's possible because I'm pretty wasted on kava myself this evening but if it's something you have not tried before and you were looking for a new psychoactive and medicinal high for relaxation and Recreation and general relief at the same time, may be worth a look.

I would be glad to advise with specific cultivars, they come from all over-Fiji,,Tonga, Soloman Islands, Hawai, Vanuatu... but can all be so different in effects, more even then different strains of cannabis.

Kava can be drunk every single day, zero addictiin and withdrawals. Has helped very many drinkers (alcohol) happily kick it and never look back,,happier and healthier all round.

Just worth knowing about anyway if you don't already I'm going to read the rest of your post and the others now.

I completely forgot that kava was even a thing. I‘ll give that a try and get back to you😎
thanks for the warm welcome

I like that response. I’m working on it.

what’s your experience with valerian root? How do you like it?
I like it a lot. I'm actually taking a break from it just so it feels awesome when I take it again. Its really body chemistry dependent in terms of who it works for and who it doesn't. Ginseng is another herb that is weird depending on the person, but I would argue anyone who takes a hefty swig of strongly brewed valerian root tea and denies feeling anything is a damn liar.

It tastes bad, add mint and honey or something to cover the almost fungus like taste it has.

Chamomile is a good add in too, but it changes the nature of the experience as it too is psychoactive and full of organic compounds that change the whole vibe. It's bad just different .

But yeah dude try herbs. They're legal and once you're old you can rest easy knowing you have accessible folk remedies to help with natural rhythms, sickness and just to catch a buzz honestly.

I mean please look into how they work and doses obviously, herbs can be just as dangerous and wonderful as potent synthetic drugs.

Yerba mate is good

Ginseng is good

Kratom is interesting and kind of soul sucking and addictive in a mellow off kilter sort of way. It's like it becomes the point of life but nothing actually happens. Doesnt go anywhere but more kratom and some mellow moments of perceived relaxation and clarity that is somehow fuzzy.

Bit like the nitrous "epiphany" edge that never reveals itself but beckons for another peak.

Last edited:
I'm a serious downer/dissociation person so here are my favorites:

Ketamine!!!!

Or kava, kratom, phenibut, and GHB. Phenibut is so gross to take though... GHB is so nice and relaxing. It almost feels like a subutex mixed with molly at the right dose.

Ashwagandha tea is very nice. It's similar to a benzodiazepine. It's a root that you can brew into a tea, and you can most likely find it at your local apothecary.

Seconded the nitrous, although the redosing is very compulsive. LSD is also very nice every month or so.

I'm a serious downer/dissociation person so here are my favorites:

Ketamine!!!!

Or kava, kratom, phenibut, and GHB. Phenibut is so gross to take though... GHB is so nice and relaxing. It almost feels like a subutex mixed with molly at the right dose.

Ashwagandha tea is very nice. It's similar to a benzodiazepine. It's a root that you can brew into a tea, and you can most likely find it at your local apothecary.

Seconded the nitrous, although the redosing is very compulsive. LSD is also very nice every month or so.
Your avatar makes me smile dude

lol