View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need a little help with LSD

Distincct

Greenlighter
Hi so, i've done mushrooms twice (first time 5G and second time 2G)

Both times i really enjoyed them i mean i loved the build up the colours the peak is great the slow come down.

But both times around the 3-4 hour mark just after the peak finishes i cant stop but feel "i want it to end" or "i don't like i want it to stop"

Now as i said i love shrooms but i cant stand that feeling and i don't know if im fighting the effects or if it happens to everyone but it's like a 30 minute thing and after that i love it again.

It's just that 30 minutes i hate and i was wondering if i get like that on shrooms will acid be the same? Ive heard people who dont like shrooms love acid.

Any tips of how to come at that if i am fighting it, (i did this both times with groups of 4+) or is it normal?

I'm really keen to try acid and even DMT if i like acid but i know you are meant to have a clear head and be happy not a worry, im not worried about being on drugs or tripping a load of d**k, ill eat 10 M caps in a span of 4-6 hours be potatoed as all hell feel like death but be just fine and ok with it cause i know it will end.

Tl;dr am i having a 30minute "bad trip" if so how do i come at it, and any tips for a first time acid user

Ive heard people who dont like shrooms love acid.
These kinds of generalizations are meaningless. Plenty of people who love both and plenty who love neither. We can't really help you unless you explain what exactly makes your trip bad. What it is that you don't like about that feeling? I can at least tell you that it doesn't just happen to everyone. I can't say I've ever had this feeling after a peak before.

Yeah i know its a generalisation but just wanted some feed back from some people if they have tried both etc etc.

It's hard to explain(isn't everything with this subject )

But i kinda get to a point where like maybe towards the end of the peak or just after i don't like whats happening around me and i feel unsafe, jumpy, a lot more paranoid in that 30minutes, like things don't seem as colourful anymore patterns are fading slowly i'm not sure if at that point in fighting it.

Then after the 30mins im fine i can walk around in public i enjoy the next couple of hours left on it, i can just mellow out and stare at everything like the 30minutes never happened.

Just trying to figure out if im fighting it? Or it's just one of those things that happen with shrooms or acid

Hmm, well that is peculiar. I'm used to hearing about and experiencing more anxiety at the beginning of a good peak than the end. Without really knowing what else could be cause it I suppose I would have to agree that it seems like there may just be something that you need to learn to stop resisting. Have you tried something like taking a hot shower during that time? That always helps me mellow out and feel good on psychedelics.

Cheers, i give some new things ago next time im on them, the first time i tried shroom it was like 1 gram i did wanna go for a shower but jut couldnt find the effort :p

I do like the idea of that

I know the feeling you mean, but I've only ever had it at the beginning of mushrooms or toward the middle. I've had it on acid too but it comes in about 6-8 hours after dropping and is a general feeling of 'my brain has had enough now'... Unfortunately I get this every time with LSD and so do many people I know, but the main part of the trip makes it well worth this 'come down' (which turns into a lovely afterglow after sleeping)

Thats the part i love the losing sense of reality and the come down the working out what the f*** just happened for the past hours. But yeah that 30mins is hell for me.

But i decided as hawk-o said only.one way to find out so im planning to do it over xmas break

I find that when I take acid I get that feeling towards the beginning, but everything is alright once I calm down and accept it.

I would just suggest to keep yourself distracted, when I feel myself start to tip towards that side I put on a good movie and follow the moral dilemmas of the main character. I watched Batman Begins and nearly cried when Bruce Wayne's parents died lmao.

Not to sure man i wouldnt kmow if im fighting it or not. I usually dont fight drugs which is the weird thing.

I'm really keen to try acid and even DMT if i like acid

ill eat 10 M caps in a span of 4-6 hours be potatoed as all hell feel like death but be just fine and ok with it cause i know it will end.

Firstly, DMT is on a whole other level then both acid and mushrooms. It's nothing like them and way more intense.
Second. 10 M caps in 4-6 hours? Are you referring to mushroom caps or MDMA caps?....really hoping it's not MDMA bc there's so much wrong with that.

I find that duration of a trip does not necessarily put me off, because the quality of a trip can determine if you can endure it for over 24 hours or if you absolutely feel like you have had enough of some of the effects even after 1-2 hours or less. DOB lasts over 24 hours but the tail end is mostly boring without allowing sleep - at least in my experience.

With mushrooms I can get overwhelmed easily before the trip ends and have been in a kind of crisis plenty of times, being happy to be alive when the trip is over. The softening of the ego feels unforgiving and relentless on mushrooms and the way the world seems more magical, wondrous and insane seems more mystical and not transparent at all.
On acid I can take a lot of mindfuck without that happening because my sense of self is much less quickly affected, that is why I can handle it a lot better. It is not as easily confusing as mushrooms are at basically any active dose (by nature I would say). Then again, if you DO go deep with LSD the stakes can be higher since it is also a very pure and powerful experience at high enough doses. It is just more dose dependent for me.

I agree that the generalization kaleida mentioned is meaningless for the most part, but I do feel that people that are more rationally oriented or more intuition/feeling oriented may have different typical preferences for psychedelics that align with that orientation. Of course some people love both or neither despite that preference, probably for different reasons that overrule these matters.

If I were you I would do a medium dose next time you do mushrooms and ask yourself what is the matter when you have that bad 30 minutes, define the problem otherwise you can only hope to solve it with sheer luck, right?
Think about it and ask yourself questions, then you can address the issue. Otherwise you apparently have no idea yourself so how would we know?

Also, tripping with 4+ people can really add confusion and can sometimes leave little opportunity to experience in peace... especially if everyone requires attention from one another all the time. I think more experienced and self-relying people can more easily trip together while realizing that part of the experience must be dealt with individually. And it is important to sense when other people need their personal space for that, and leave them be or be supportive of them.

Last edited:
Well said... Solipsis "Also, tripping with 4+ people can really add confusion and can sometimes leave little opportunity to experience in peace... especially if everyone requires attention from one another all the time. I think more experienced and self-relying people can more easily trip together while realizing that part of the experience must be dealt with individually. And it is important to sense when other people need their personal space for that, and leave them be or be supportive of them."