• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Need a little help with a Simon reaction

pair of rollers

Bluelighter
Hello all!

So I bought some "MDMA crystals" today, and took them home and tested them.

My test kit is brand new, literally came in the mail yesterday.

Marquis fizzed a bit, but almost immediately went solid black. So far so good!
Mecke was a nice emerald, but quickly turned to a very dark blue...like BLACK/blue
Mandelin went black almost immediately. Everything looks great so far!

Then I tested with Simon.

Simon turned almost "pinkish"...There was nothing on the color chart that matched that. I googled a bit as well, and came up with two threads on other sites where users had the same issues, but no one had a response. Anyone got any idea? I haven't rolled in 4 years because of all the junk that was turning up in my area. It just wasn't worth it. What I bought today seems good...hell, VERY good, but the Simon reaction has me a bit worried.

Thanks!

How old is that simons kit? I noticed the simons goes bad pretty fast and starts to show funky colours on reactions. Unlikely but it's the first thing that came to mind. Weird thing is even if it didn't react at all something is not right. No reaction on simons but positive MDxx reaction on marquis, mecke and mandelin normally indicates MDA. Which would in this case mean it's MDA cut with something (hence the pink on simons) but it would surprise me if someone sold MDA as MDMA

This is weird :\

That's what I thought! Simons kit came with the other three, so if it's old, I got robbed. I have to assume they are all brand new. There were a couple of posts around the internet that had this exact same thing, and in both cases, the poster claimed that when all was said and done, it was definitely MDMA...so it seems very strange to me. The person I bought the molly from is very reliable, and has never sold me anything "incorrectly"...and I always test anyway. I just found it very odd that the test came up "pinkish"...

Curious about this as well, I ran into similar results a while ago, everything checked out except when it went on simon it went super pink like a highlighter color right away. No delay. I went further and tested what look like a different consistency in the cap and one went blue the bigger crystal and the other powdery stuff went super pink. So there is clearly something else in this but i cant find any info online. What could possibly cause a reaction like this on simon?

Perhaps there was some acetone contamination? That goes purplish with primary amines apparently.