View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Near fatal OD from white blotter

PsychedelicCow

Greenlighter
Okay, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I wanted to post a warning about plain white blotter going around the southeast US that I was sold as LSD. I took 1 1/2 tabs and began to trip around the 1hr mark, intensifying all the way up until the end of my experience. At about the 3 hr mark I began to feel extreme nausea and began to sweat profusely. I could taste bile in the back of my throat and felt a sensation across my skin like tentacles wrapping around my body. I began to panic and my heartrate shot up above 180 bpm. I had a family member drive me to the hospital and, upon arriving, thought I had died and gone to hell. I became aggressive with the hospital staff, who then held me down and began trying toto sedated me. I "realized" that my entire life up until then had been part of the trip, and I thought that when it ended, I would be sitting with my friends I can't remember, laughing off a drug that didn't exist, so I let them inject me. Upon awaking, I was told that I was lucky to be alive. I remained in the hospital for several days before I was okayed to leave. I don't know what was on that paper, but it was bad enough that I can't trust blotter of any kind any more. I'll be sticking to naturals exclusively from now on.

Edit: I should add that throughout the whole experience, my thoughts were very foggy and disorientated, and I lost the ability to distinguish between hallucination and reality at about t+2 hours.

Last edited:
how were you phisically during the trip? i mean blood pressure and stuff

by your description it sounded like you had a very bad trip, a freak out, which could be induced by any psychedelic. high heart rate can be caused by panic and you dont need to be tripping for that

the nausea could be psychosomatic or something, i don't know, NBOMe's make me puke right when i start to trip at around the 30 minute mark. again how were you phisically, aside from the nausea?

This sounds a lot like an NBOMe compound. If you happened to put it under your tounge instead of on it, or perhaps you put it in your gums then it is quite possible that you managed to only slightly taste it. While Im sure there is a lot of reason to shy away from these drugs, I would advise you to not let this experience be the end-all of chemical drugs for you. I mean you be you, but while there are shitheads out there who sell one drug as another, there are also incredible and healing experiences to be had when its the real deal.

As above, while you've decided you don't wish to touch blotters any more, this situation and that conclusion could have and can be avoided by testing everything you plan to ingest beforehand. Given you didn't do this, it sounds like you're unfortunately a statistic as to why this is paramount :(

Best of luck recovering buddy, just be cautious in the future :)

why near fatal? I don't mean to undermine your experience at all but what exactly did the hospital staff mean when they said you're lucky to be alive?

how often do you do psychedelics or other drugs? had you done any of that batch of white blotter before? sounds like a shitty experience, im glad you seem to be ok. I dont trust blotter paper either.

slightly bitter/metallic tase isn't really an indication. I had LSD blotter taste like that way before anyone heard of the NBOMes.

I would also be interested in what the hospital had to say about your condition. extreme panic can certainly give you the feeling of dying (been there) but it actually won't kill you.

bottom line: your post gave no indication of you having anything else than a bad trip. if you really were physically in danger, the hospital should be able to provide information about that. NBOMe are certainly a problem nowadays, but I think many people are quick to blame them when they have a bad or even horrible experience.

Pointless thread.

It´s really completely impossible to deduce what PsychedelicCow took. It could be a NBOMe or it could be LSD, or even another lysergamide for that matter. I guess it could even be a DOx, because the duration is unknown as he seems to have been knocked out by what he was injected with.

Taking 1½ unknown blotter isn´t really such a crazy thing to do, I guess, but even before the emergence of DOx and NBOMe, it´s always been proper harm reduction to start with only a ½, when the blotter is completely unknown.

slightly bitter/metallic tase isn't really an indication. I had LSD blotter taste like that way before anyone heard of the NBOMes.

I would also be interested in what the hospital had to say about your condition. extreme panic can certainly give you the feeling of dying (been there) but it actually won't kill you.

bottom line: your post gave no indication of you having anything else than a bad trip. if you really were physically in danger, the hospital should be able to provide information about that. NBOMe are certainly a problem nowadays, but I think many people are quick to blame them when they have a bad or even horrible experience.

If the hospital staff told him he's lucky to be alive you don't consider that proof that he was in bad shape??

I'm sure they are well aware of when someone looks near death or doesn't.

Why does it seem like people are blowing off his experience as a harmless bad trip?

It might not have been.

Hospital staff are known to tell anyone who comes in that was tripping on any psychedelic they're "lucky to be alive", even when they weren't actually in any danger, I know people whom this has happened to when they were on legit LSD, they weren't in physical danger just having a bad trip. Nausea & a high heart-rate happen when people aren't in danger pretty often.

If the hospital staff told him he's lucky to be alive you don't consider that proof that he was in bad shape??

I'm sure they are well aware of when someone looks near death or doesn't.

Why does it seem like people are blowing off his experience as a harmless bad trip?

It might not have been.
well as said before, if OP really was in danger of dying, he should be able to provide information about his condition (hypertensive crisis, seizures, etc, which are the known symptoms of, for example, NBOMe toxicity). the hospital should have given him a diagnosis upon leaving. also, the staff telling him he "should be happy to be alive" proves nothing because this could easily stem from opinion, not fact.

in my opinion it is certainly a trend that bad experiences with (unknown) psychedelics on blotter are easily considered as NBOMe overdoses, when in reality there is no actual evidence to support that.

what I'm saying is that OP should provide some proof for his claim, which would be much more valuable for this site than what he actually gave away, so I'm encouraging the OP to give more details.

writing every blotter-related hospitalization off as an NBOMe incident without actual proof is actually harmful for HR purposes because it only stems from ignorance. (eg LSD is safer thus it cannot put people into the hospital thus it has to be NBOMe, when in reality LSD has certainly been responsible for lots of hospitalizations in the past.)

To the OP, I'm sorry that happened to you. It's really fucked up. In the '90s, when only Shulgin and his friends had RCs, we didn't have to worry about that shit.

A couple of things, the reason my experience was near fatal was due to the extremely elevated heart rate, which persisted for several hours, even after I was sedated. Also, my blood pressure did spike, but no seizures were reported. I cannot comment as to my physical state during the trip, because I was too delirious to remember, but afterward, my entire body felt as if I'd taken a beating and my muscles seemed to only be operating at about 30% strength. Now, four days later, I feel mostly normal again. If I had to guess, I'd say I probably did take an NBOMe, but I can't be sure because I have no experience with verified, authentic LSD for comparison.

Edit: I should also note that the trip itself was very very visual, which is unusual for me.

Last edited:

Interesting to hear this. My tabs were not bitter but caused numbness leading me to believe it was not pure lsd.

The more I investigate blotter the more I realize why its better to stick with natural plants.

I mean you can test them with the Ehrlich test but does that conclusively prove that it's LSD and only LSD?

I really want to know because I wanted to take 3 or 4 at once (just took 1 a few nights ago then 2 the next day I have 7 left)

I know I could safely do this if I verify its only LSD but thats the only way I'm gonna be taking that many at once.

The sight of blotter gives me small panic attacks at the moment, that's the reason I won't take them now, not necessarily because I think they're all bad.
Maybe in the future I will again, as for now I'm sure any blotter would cause bad trips.

The sight of blotter gives me small panic attacks at the moment, that's the reason I won't take them now, not necessarily because I think they're all bad.
Maybe in the future I will again, as for now I'm sure any blotter would cause bad trips.

Well its good that you are sharing your story. You could be saving lives. Sadly, in this drug war society people are getting all kinds of unknown chemicals in blotter when LSD itself could be taxed and regulated as it should be and this wouldn't even be an issue. So thank you for sharing your horror story.

It makes me look at my 7 remaining blotters a lot more suspiciously.

Maybe I should save my plans for a full-blown experience for another time when I find mushrooms or another plant. With the risk of bad trips already inherent to psychedelics now you can't even reassure yourself "I'm just ripping but I won't die"

I guess you can't really warn about this white blotter, but the lesson to take away from this is that you should test or have it tested, like trozzle said.

Sorry that this happened to you, glad you're still with us...

I guess you can't really warn about this white blotter, but the lesson to take away from this is that you should test or have it tested, like trozzle said.

Sorry that this happened to you, glad you're still with us...

I suppose I can't warn conclusively, but I've shared my story. To each their own at this point.