• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[NBOMe Subthread] Short-Term Risks and Side-Effects

Wasn't there another incident in Colorado/Utah or some place like that where a few kids each took 4mg+ with minimal tolerance and each of them that took the dose died? I also read another article on how someone was charged with some kind of murder related bullshit because he sold some kids 25i-NBOMe and they ended up overdosing and dying. I tried 25i literally ONE time and took barely over 1mg and it was really uncomfortable and not enjoyable at all, not sure how people can even be excited to take more then that amount. Wasn't that great in all honesty :/ also buying the HCl version of 25i just sounds like you're gonna have a bad time altogether. I would hate to be the guy trying to eyeball doses of a powerful hallucinogenic drug that is active in doses below 1mg but is in powdered form... quick and easy way to go to the ER if you aren't careful enough or have a milligram scale. A high isn't worth your life, imo.

swims done 25i quite a few times. (blotters, each said to have 900ug)

first trip had very stong visuals, very euphoric. only bad experience on it was that it makes your muscles feel tight. (swim even found it pleasurable to hang from his pull-up bar to stretch) and half way through the trip he was laying down and flexing the msucles in his foot when suddenly it cramped up extremely tight and caused extreme pain lasting a few seconds, and then it slowly went away. (one tab)

swim has done it a few times since, at 2 tabs and expreienced similar experiences, but made sure not to flex his muscles too much haha.

swim did 3 tabs two nights ago and expereienced stomach pain, and minor chest pain (i was tripping pretty hard and couldnt really tel where the pain was coming from, it was definetly coming from somewhere in his chest, and defeintely in his stomach. his heart was feeling very weak and felt kind of itchy all over hid body.

on 3 tabs swim expreicence strong auditory visuals (sounds leaving his speakers and changing pitch and being "warped") very fun:p

the only long term effects swim has felt is that when he smokes enough weed, his vision will be very bright and things appear to be broken into smaller pieces, but this might not be related to 25i

overall 25i is a drug that gives amazing visuals, strong euphoria, strong auditory visuals on high doses, but doesnt hurt your head too much. i was able to text on my phone just fine and function just fine on 3 tabs (2700ug)

swim really enjoys this drug and would like to know more about it and possible long-term effects.

crap i just read that first article, but it was a bummer for me and i will stay way far away from rc's.

I saw some news article about those kids who over-dosed on "25i" (It doesn't specifically say 25i-nbome but it can be easily guessed seeing as how this drug is increasing in popularity. I don't believe it says that any of them died. It also says that the method of administration is snorting and smoking and that it's a dark powder. It's supposedly supposed to be a white powder and snorting and smoking it is risky because it's active in such small amounts. The news article making these claims insinuates that the kids were taking VERY large doses of a very impure product which makes the fact that some of them experiencing brain hemorrhages (I'd assume that's what would have caused brain bleeding), and heart failure less surprising. Amphetamines and other stimulants can also cause these effects, most notably in overdoses as well.

Some people are claiming it's dangerous and not worth messing with. There have been a few different arguments backing up these claims with the most prevalent one being that because it's active in such low doses it's dangerous. I find this argument to be nonsensical and irrelevant on a dose to dose basis. Accidentally taking WAY too much and experiencing ill effects doesn't equate with normal doses being dangerous.

There is some guy who posted in this forum who claimed to have taken fifteen tabs and experienced no ill effects. There is another guy who claims that him and others have taken 50mg with no ill effects. 50mg is basically taking a whole sheet of this stuff seeing as how 500ug is about a standard dose of this stuff from my research. I've read several other reports of people accidentally and purposefully taking very large amounts and surviving through it without too many ill effects.

I also read here on this forum a quoted story about some kid who took only 500ug and started going unresponsive and had to go to the hospital where the hospital staff claimed he could have died because of low potassium levels. But then somebody else pointed out that this story could only be found here on bluelight so the origin of this story was nowhere to be found. (That's not to say that this story couldn't be true of course)

Bout a week or two ago I read an article about how some kid took "bad acid" and died later on, knowing LSD's safety profile it'd be natural to assume that it wasn't LSD he took but rather some other RC. So whether or not this was 25i is unknown but I'd assume unlikely since it's not very active if u just take it like acid and you're supposed to hold your spit.

So somebody said they and others took 15 tabs and experienced no ill effects, and another one said they and others took 50mg and experienced no ill effects. If somebody were to take 1.5 grams of molly they could almost certainly expect negative effects from it correct? If somebody were to take 15 times their normal dosage of opiates they would almost certainly expect negative effects/death correct? If someone took 10 grams of molly they'd be dead, right?

So it seems like on a dose to dose basis this drug is very safe, especially if these 50mg dosage claims are correct.

I also read that this drug does not stimulate a certain receptor that seems to be responsible for protecting the body from allergic reactions of the sort. So that kid almost dying from a normal 500ug dose could have been an allergic reaction to the drug?

So it seems like for the most part this is a safe drug but it could also have unwanted long term effects because not much is known about the long term and rare and extreme negative reactions that may possibly be able to kill people if their body is allergic to it or extremely sensitive to it for some reason are possible as well

I like to research drugs a lot before I try them and I plan on taking this 25i stuff this weekend at a normal dose of 500ug.

Is there any other general information about this drug in relation to its safety that most researchers know that I seem to be missing? Has anybody died from it? I couldn't find any info about that the news article hasn't specified if those kids died or not and the other claim about the kid who had the blue lips and had to go to the hospital says that the kid is still in the hospital. Is there an established LD50? What's the highest recorded dosage that anybody here has taken, what/where there any negative effects from it?

I feel as though the bolded statement may be directed at me as I have made reference to this report several times. It did not originate on BL

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=94953 Under the experience records of "we thought it was safe" posted by E lover. I would never ever feel the need to take 15 tabs of this stuff.

as far as your dilemma on info needed, I recomend a diet or supplements high in magnesium and potassium leading up to your planned research. they seem to hae eliminated any negative effects associated with vascoconstriction on my end

Last edited:
Actually as I communicated to Syle, we now discuss long-term effects in a new subthread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/672333-NBOMe-Subthread-Long-term-Side-effects-amp-Addiction

because it seems important to investigate this. I don't think this thread belongs merged with it because it is more about general concerns or even only the acute dangers or problems, referred to in the OP by the phrase 'dose-to-dose safety'. I would be happy to make this into an 'acute risk' subthread though because it seems important and something I am sure a lot of people are wondering about.

I really like the idea of twin threads, one for acute risk and one for chronic risk. Can I suggest that they link to each other on the OP and possibly also encourage people to link to sources rather than disseminating hearsay?

My concern with the assessment if acute risk is that reports rarely include dose information. If people are dying because they snort a 20mg line of 25i-NBOMe, it's a very different situation than if a percentage of people are dying after taking a 1mg buccal blotter.

ANyone who has that much tolerance that they are up to anything more then 5mg ..... and that would be way too much for most are asking for big time trouble.

Yes the tolerance builds but it also disipates if weeks and months are given in between experiences. This is not an every weekend thing and people should know that. The same pretty much goes for good MDMA which I compare parts of this drug to. MDMA will start to create a dangerous tolerance if taken every weekend.

There is some guy who posted in this forum who claimed to have taken fifteen tabs and experienced no ill effects. There is another guy who claims that him and others have taken 50mg with no ill effects. 50mg is basically taking a whole sheet of this stuff seeing as how 500ug is about a standard dose of this stuff from my research. I've read several other reports of people accidentally and purposefully taking very large amounts and surviving through it without too many ill effects.

I remember that post. These people didn't take it all in one go. They took it during the course of a whole night, which means they developed a lot of tolerance. Had they taken it all at once they'd surely would have died.

Your 25i powder is pure white? I actually haven't heard of much 25i HCl that is pure white (like, say, fluffy pure white 2c-e powder), it's more been in the vein of 2ci coloration.

2ci coloration? All 2ci batches I have had, has been pure white fluffy powder, like all other 2C's. Only once have I seen 2C-I that was kind of light brown chrystals.

I experience nasty vasoconstriction and crazy muscle clenching that feel close to seizures when on 1mg. I really don't think its worth the risk taking 25i. The visuals sure are pretty but there's better drugs out there.

Holy shit i made this thread like a year ago. Yeah ive had my run in with 25i and have absolutely no plans to try it again

color of the powder does not say anything, imho.

most HCls i saw where white, but still there are off-white to tan ones
one time i saw 25i-NBOMe as completely brown little crystals and it was indeed freebase (which could also point to some accidents with people taking it for a salt and dissolve it in the wrong solution)
different batches of for instance 2C-D i saw ranged from white, tan to even a rose quartz color and all where HCl.

Considering the manufacture process - unless I am mistaken - there are no known worrisome compounds that would account for discoloration that are active in the same dosage range. 25-NBOMe a.k.a. 25H-NBOMe could be a problem but I would bet good money that it is colorless >> white, too.

So besides the fact that product coloration discussion is a pretty speculative area which we are not that interested in, I hardly think this makes it on-topic anymore? :)