• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOMe oral activity experiment.

According to an interview in the most recent Erowid Extracts, Dr. David Nichols strongly implies that the NBOMes have some level of oral activity. Not sure where he got his data.

Jason, if people didn't confirm others research, the scientific method wouldn't work. I heard lots of people saying that NBOMe's were not orally active but I couldn't find a primary source. So I created my own.

If you read down the thread, you will see that 25n-NBOMe seems to be active as a mild stimulant at levels which cannot be accounted for by metabolic conversion to 2c-n.

Okay, I see what you mean. As I said, though, I have tried it orally myself before with no effects whatsoever, though the dose was only 500 mcg. I tried a homemade enteric coating, just shellac. Again, no effect but it might be that my homemade coating didn't actually work properly. I also tried injecting some into an enteric coated fish oil capsule but I think the needle hole may have leaked. So you might try a better enteric coating on some NBOMe to see if it works. I'm pretty sure regular NBOMe won't work orally though, unless it's a huge amount, like 10-20 mg. But if you have extra NBOMe around and want to prove it conclusively then by all means proceed.

I don't think enteric coating would make a significant difference. My scattered reading suggests that it's first-pass metabolism in the liver and not breakdown by stomach acids that causes the lack of oral activity. After all, we know that NBOMe's aren't denatured by HCl solutions (which is essentially what the stomach is), because that's how we salt them.

Are you checking heart rate, blood pressure etc?
I think this information would be essential, especially since you think 25N has a stimulant effect orally.

I didn't because I wasn't expecting any change from baseline. I will during the next trial which will be placebo controlled and blind.

In case anyone comes across this old thread in a search, it turns out that NBOMes are orally active after all, at doses comparable to sublingual:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...a-festival?p=12392903&viewfull=1#post12392903

dropped 300mics 25-c-nboh @ 5:30pm with a drink of gingerale
quite spaced out with some visuals by 6:00pm, not particularly slower than just chewing and sucking on the blotter.
I only miss the numbing of my tongue (really)
otherwise I would not dare to swallow a whole one or several
the idea that it is not orally (gut) active is a fallacy.

please remove the hope that you can swallow the blotters and wait to see if you have acid. NBOH or nbome will get you just as stoned if you swallow it as if you gum it, or chew it. or try not to swallow saliva (another myth)

I took 600ug of 25I about 1:30 ago, liquid dose added to some Gatorade. Holy moly was it bitter, but the taste went away pretty quickly. Nothing happened for the first hour (other than having to go poo), so then I started eating a roast-beef sandwich, and within 10 minutes I started to feel some stimulation and body tingles. I'm at a definite +2 now, and getting some mild visuals, so it's surely not placebo.

I'm pleasantly surprised, but also a little dismayed that a belief like "NBOMes are orally inactive" can persist for so long without anybody verifying it (myself included).

Last edited:
They might be safer this way too... just guessing though, it's just that usually drugs are safer orally.

I remember a report of a 150 mg or 15mg dose or something someone took in a cap thinking it was mpvd or something..... I don't remember where the report was although it certainly was active and not recommended to repeate as he felt close to death during the experience.