View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOMe and NBOH appeal?

perpetualdawn

Bluelighter
From what I've read, the NBOMes and NBOHs sound like a shallow and dangerous series of chemicals, so they don't sound like something that I want to try. But I can't help wonder, am I missing out? What's the appeal with these? Fear Of Missing Out over here.

So far to me it sounds like the only thing they have going for them is that they're cheap. But I want to hear from experienced trippers, what do you think about them in general? Worth checking out?

From what I've read, the NBOMes and NBOHs sound like a shallow and dangerous series of chemicals, so they don't sound like something that I want to try. But I can't help wonder, am I missing out? What's the appeal with these? Fear Of Missing Out over here.

So far to me it sounds like the only thing they have going for them is that they're cheap. But I want to hear from experienced trippers, what do you think about them in general? Worth checking out?
The 25x-NBOMe chemicals are capable of producing extremely powerful visual effects and music enhancement whilst not giving as much "mindfuck" effect as some of the "classic" psychedelics like acid do. They still have a headspace but in nowhere near such a powerful and all encompassing way as something like acid does, which is probably why a some people may dismiss them as "shallow" psychedelics - I've been out clubbing and to parties whilst on 25c, 25i and 25b NBOMe and had a good time on them, whereas I'd be personally a bit more wary of taking acid in such an unpredictable, loud and active space. Whether this is a good or a bad thing depends on the user. I really liked the NBOMes when they were legal here and 25c-NBOMe is one of my favourite drugs, but I can understand why people who prefer a "deeper" trip might not like them. If you like chems like MDMA and 2cb you might enjoy NBOMe as there are definitely a few similarities. NBOH are similar in effect to NBOMe chemicals but a bit less visual, stimulating and euphoric, which is a shame. I've heard of NBOMe and NBOH chemicals when taken in high doses causing harm or even death to users but have never personally experienced anything like this within my social circle - stick to under 1.5mg and you should be alright, though that in itself would be a very intense dose.

I prefer the calmness and depth of lsd or lsz, but have to say after a few days of normal space-time, grabbing some cheap crappy nboh or nbome guarantees that I will be pretty twisted for 5 hours, and I think it is as much of a mind fuck (as acid); just that the tightness around the body makes the mind expansion seem a bit less as I am preoccupied with relaxing.

If I were wealthy I would have more lsz and less nbo's.

I am doing it 3 nbos to 1 lsz every 2 weeks,
not full blotters, 3 1/4 blotters of nbo and 1 1/2 blotter of lsz,
that's sort of my norm.

Most people I know who have taken them said that they loved them, and the trips were great, myself included. But everyone I know as well as myself have said they'd never touch them again. I feel they're toxic. Not safe for screwing around with.

The visuals are the craziest I've seen, having done lsd and mushrooms too. But not appealing at all compared to the mind expansion and better feelings of the latter two.

Basically, it feels hedonistic in nature, and I feel like that's a bad thing somehow. Also, I get terrible headaches on it. It feels like my brain is frying. I'm not sure why anyone ever called lsd 'fry' when this stuff actually makes me feel like I'm frying.

Last edited:
I think the posters above me sums it up pretty well.

I've tried 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe once each. Both are a nice trip, but nothing special in my opinion, I haven't done any of them again even though I have a gram of each. Probably also because of the deaths. They just don't seem that appealing to me, and I'd take LSD any day instead. Doesn't matter how smart you consider yourself, anybody can have an accidental overdose.

In my opinion many phenethylamine's and tryptamine's can give you just as amazing an experience, and even though 25I-NBOMe was a very "recreational" trip, as in better suited for a club than LSD for instance, it's not that great.

So no, you're not "missing out" on anything, if you ask me.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your feedbacks. This thread has helped me confirm for me that I don't need to bother with these NBOxx series, too many other more interesting PDs to try out, plus there really isn't much safety margin.

I always attributed it to being cheap and easily available.
The powerful visuals are nice but not worth it in the end imo, these drugs can be pretty compulsive and carry health risks even at recreational dosages

I've tried 25i-nboh and 25c-nboh. There not the best thing there is, but the price/performance is quite good. Especially if you're just looking to have fun. The duration is nice too.

I like a good deal as much as the next guy, but when it comes to tripping, I'm more than happy to pay a few extra bucks for a higher quality and safer experience.

i like nbome's because i can party on them, like be around people drinking and smoking herb but not tripping, and not get all confused like lsd in the wrong place.

i like nbome's because i can party on them, like be around people drinking and smoking herb but not tripping, and not get all confused like lsd in the wrong place.
Eh, I figure that's why other drugs exist. I agree that the nbomes have great social potential, but given that weed, alcohol, stimulants exist and are generally much safer, why not conform to society's party standards?

The nbomes are definitely cheap. I got 100 hits for 100 bucks, which I'm sure coulda been even cheaper. But out of those 100 hits, I only took 4 myself, then got rid of the rest. The simple fact that everything tastes like liquid metal shit for the whole night is enough to turn me off, at least with other drugs you just pop em down/chug em down, the nbomes continue to let you know just how toxic they taste.

OP, I'm very glad we scared you off from them. No offense to those who like them, but I was honestly happy when they scheduled the main nbomes.

I find that they don't make very good psychedelics, but they make wonderful drugs. They are shallow and pretty damn clear headed, so I personally don't really use them like I do other psychedelics. They CAN be euphoric, tactile, empathic, and sense enhancing. On the other hand they can become a few hours of pretty bad body tension and discomfort, but even then I don't find them entirely unenjoyable. It's more something I do when I feel like tripping but don't feel like getting too deep or if it might not be the right day for anything that is heavier on the mind. I also find it very nice in social situations compared to other psychedelics.

The only other reason I like them is to throw in low doses with other substances. 25i and Etizolam was fantastic, got rid of any muscle tension. Very euphoric and empathic. I find the NBOMes mix with dissociatives pretty well, and low doses are good to increase the visual and euphoric elements of other, deeper substances without adding too much extra mindfuck

Last edited:
To me the appeal of NBOMe/NBOH was originally the availability, price & the fact i did not have to chase around dealers etc. Also part of the appeal came from the fact it was a new novel chemical with very little known about it. After trying it a few times i continued use because the visuals were 100 times more intricate than anything i have experienced from other psychedelics, without the mind fuck & anxiety i get from even a low dose of LSD. Plus when combined with nitrous i can achieve full OBE's other psychs dont really take me that far.

I tried 25I-NBOME and 25C-NBOH at various doses...I did not like them, and I rarely say that flat-out of a psych. I had done 2C-B/E/I/P various times, so I expected no headplay, just visuals and sound enhancemant, maybe some tactile...which is what I got of the NBO*...but unlike the 2Cs, it came with a very distinct nasty feeling...

Lil background, I've had cluster headaches and general migraines since I was like 8. Drugs will often make one start, especially if I don't stay hydrated or over-exert myself, so I'm familiar with that. With both the 25chems, I felt like my consciousness was a seering single point of infinite energy/light, causing pain to the surrounding tissue due to its sheer luminosity, while being submerged in a sea of mucus. It was definitely interesting, and I am glad I felt it once, but it sucked. Came on at about 1 1/2-2hrs in the trip, so I spent most the time ignoring the other effects, just watching the clock slowing tick by. Other than that, they felt just like 2Cs, but more toxic.

Not to mention 10 days later after my first 1mg 25I trip, I ended up snorting 4mg 25I, banging 15ish mg 2C-P, and doing the other 15mg 2C-P rectal, with just above threshold effects, vague feeling in head, slight energy boost, peripheral visuals that always remained shy...Fuck that, I like to trip as often as I can, I don't need a drug with a huge tolerance exceeding a few weeks.

As others have pointed out, they straight up make you feel nasty. I personally feel like my brain over heats, which could be pointing to some terrible effects. They are fun, very fun in fact, but that doesn't justify harming yourself.

None of us huff glue to get high. I'm sure it can be fun, but it's bad for you. The same generally applies to these chems.

..funny you should mention glue, I was thinking of that comparison myself. Cheap and readily available! Sick.

how is it like glue?

aside from being cheap and easy to get (if you have a credit card and a web connection).

it's a phen, not a solvent.
it's active at similar receptors as other phens and psychedelics.

the dosage response may be unfamiliar, but the expectation of tolerance should not be less or greater than for LSD which is still the king of psychedelic drugs.

at high dosage you will be sick - so don't do high dosage. be careful.

Like I already said, I tried 25i-nboha and 25c-nboh. They ain't the best psys ever or anything. But they are far from the crap some try and make them out to be. Especially considering the price.

A bigger problem is people trying heroic doses and dealers trying to pass them off as lsd.

No, it's totally not like glue at all except for being cheap and accessible, like you said. Biologically, nothing to do with glue at all. Just a silly thing to say that's all. I hope no one here would ever consider inhaling solvents, please..

I was simply trying to point out that while they may be fun (I've never had a bad experience with them honestly, I still hate them), they're totally unacceptable in their safety profile, the same way inhalants are in my book.