View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

NBOH and NBOMe making me puke?

afroman21

Greenlighter
I have done 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOH. I have done 25I numerous time and 25C once. Whenever i take either of these chemicals my stomach starts hurting. Usually with 25I i just deal with it and it usually goes away when it kicks in around an hour later. But i have puked numerous times from it. And the one time i did 25C my stomach hurt for about half the trip giving me a not pleasant trip but about half way through i puked and felt better. Why do these chemicals make me puke? How can i stop this? Thanks.

Possibly. Id have to do some research to find out. If it is i wonder how you can stop it.

Phenethylamines can cause lots of body load and potential for nausea is present with all psychedelics, even for the smoother chems like LSD.
You have serotonin receptors in your gut, the majority are located there actually, but I don't knowing it has ever been proven to be the cause of psychedelic associated nausea.
I sometimes got nausea from NBOMe's, and almost always get some form of nausea from 2c-x chems.
It's nothing to be worried about, and very likely not an allergic reaction. An allergic reaction to these chems I would imagine would present it's in a much more severe and possibly dangerous fashion

EDIT: to help prevent the nausea I recommend making sure you have a full stomach, and some ginger tea can help a lot as well

I have used ginger put into pill capsules before. My friend recommended it for my stomach and it helped out. I will have to try that though. Ive had stomach issues for awhile so there might be something that doesnt help with the stomach pain. Ill definetly give the ginger a try though. Thanks.

Holy Toast you suggest having a full stomach to prevent nausea? I've found that having a stomach that is too full will usually add to the nausea and contribute to vomiting, I also don't like being hungry and having a growling stomach. A light meal usually serves me well about an hour beforehand. I agree with the ginger as it contains galanolactone, which effectively acts as a 5-HT3 antagonist preventing the nausea caused by 5-HT3 agonism. Ondansetron is reported to work well too.

Ive heard that not eating before a trip is what you should do. Is this wrong? Should i eat something first? During trips i am not hungry even if i feel hungry. I will try eating but i soon realize im not hungry. Is this common?

5-HT3 agonism could be one explanation, but it is also possible for some people that knowing and feeling that a foreign compound has entered their body may produce a psychosomatic reaction in order to 'expel the toxin'... just like may people get 'alerts', shivers and expressions of 'yuck'.

I'd recommend either waiting 3 hours after a heavy meal (that may lay a foundation as a source of energy for the trip), or eating something easily digestible and perhaps waiting a little less. Don't eat very fatty food like junk food, that has been reported to disagree with the effects of some psychedelics in some people.

Okay thanks! LSA and psilocyben hurt my stomach but not as bad and goes away right when it kicks in. Could this be due to the plant and seed fibers digesting?

Yeah that would be a different kind of ache, at least I think we can assume that considering pure 4-HO tryptamines are generally pretty light on the body.
Nonetheless, some people may still react unfortunately when the buzzing energy is not channeled properly. I think that some people have a talent or knack for figuring that out intuitively right away so they rarely if ever have such issues with body high turning into body load.. then for the majority it may be unpredictable and unregulated, more or less because it would be a matter of luck whether they can catch those sensations in the right groove in any given instance, and another part of the demographics may be naturally awkward handling the body load / body high effects, I think those people would be predisposed to getting various side-effects without even realizing the connection with something as dynamic as body load.
IMO / IME yogic practices really help with channeling such effects, and this would be the solution for people who have issues that can not be attributed to and matched with pure 5-HT3 agonism effects (which indeed should reliably respond to meds like ondansetron).

No the 25I and 25C make me have a feeling like im about to puke which usually leads to puking. And LSA and psilocyben is more stomach pain not like im going to puke.

Yeah that would be a different kind of ache, at least I think we can assume that considering pure 4-HO tryptamines are generally pretty light on the body.
Nonetheless, some people may still react unfortunately when the buzzing energy is not channeled properly. I think that some people have a talent or knack for figuring that out intuitively right away so they rarely if ever have such issues with body high turning into body load.. then for the majority it may be unpredictable and unregulated, more or less because it would be a matter of luck whether they can catch those sensations in the right groove in any given instance, and another part of the demographics may be naturally awkward handling the body load / body high effects, I think those people would be predisposed to getting various side-effects without even realizing the connection with something as dynamic as body load.
IMO / IME yogic practices really help with channeling such effects, and this would be the solution for people who have issues that can not be attributed to and matched with pure 5-HT3 agonism effects (which indeed should reliably respond to meds like ondansetron).

A lot of psuedo-scicence here which really is the best kind. I completely agree. I have taken 25i so many times, and regardless of dose i can get drastically different trips, most notably trips that are 100% body load oriented and others that have no body load whatsoever. It's all finding that primary light on the come up, if you don't fall into that singular mental wave you'll be riding the fringe of anxiety and bodily discomfort. Set and setting is bigger than the difference between different chemicals or dosages, in my opinion.

And i also agree with the yogic practice. Tantric yoga can give the user a great deal of control.

Holy Toast you suggest having a full stomach to prevent nausea? I've found that having a stomach that is too full will usually add to the nausea and contribute to vomiting, I also don't like being hungry and having a growling stomach. A light meal usually serves me well about an hour beforehand. I agree with the ginger as it contains galanolactone, which effectively acts as a 5-HT3 antagonist preventing the nausea caused by 5-HT3 agonism. Ondansetron is reported to work well too.
Well absolutely do not go out and eat a thanksgiving dinner as a way to prevent nausea haha
I do find that a normal sized meal, perhaps an hour to let the food settle and begin to digest is perfect to prevent nausea.
I know for sure that when I was 18 and doing cocaine instead of eating meals I was constantly vomiting from every drug, and would often vomit/have dry heave sessions 5-6 times in a night while doing cocaine, since I began eating 3 square meals a day and keeping myself nourished I have had absolutely no problems and am for the most part nausea free.

For psychedelics that are absorbed in the stomach (orally dosed), having food in the stomach will delay the come-up and reduce the effects, so much so that being full may prevent you from tripping at all. For these cases I like to eat a light meal a couple, of hours beforehand, and then once it has largely begun digesting and my stomach feels fairly empty, I dose the psychedelic. For substances like LSD and the NBOMes, they are absorbed fundally or buccally or sublingually so in theory food shouldn't affect the absorption. However I still like to eat in the same way for these trips. But, technically for those it shouldn't matter what food is in your stomach.

Lots of psy can cause nausea, depends on the psy and the person. Do you really need to take these two that make you nauseous? Can you switch to something else (personally trypts and lysergamides are nausa free for me, while 2c-e just bad nausea for the duration of the trip), I mean there's a lot of psys out there? You could also try getting some ondansteron which should address the core of the problem....