• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nausea while smoking cigarettes on hydrocodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this thread on a whim...

Last night I took (drank) 10 Hydrocodones. Did a CWE.
Smoked a cigarette about an hour later and had to go to sleep or I would have thrown up... that's how I get out of throwing up EVERY time I'm high on anything. Just pass out.

I too just found this thread on a whim. But it is very interesting and I still have a question.

I'm pretty experienced with opiates but also get nauseated when I smoke a cigarette. So I've adjusted my smoking habit to wait as long as possible before smoking. I just love the feeling of smoking cigs while I'm on the pills but I don't want to throw up any of the undigested drugs for obvious reasons. So my question is, how long does it take for the normal body to absorb all of the opiate before it is safe to puke. I've taken 50mg of hydrocodone within the last hour and I would love a cigarette right now but I don't want to puke up any potential high that is in my belly.

Opioid related nausea is caused by the body thinking that it has been poisoned, so perhaps the addiction of nicotine or other ingredients in cigarettes is enough to put many people over the edge.

Sometimes smoking can just make you nauseous. It happens to me from time to time. I get it when drinking and on pills it usually passes. Promethazine is a big helper!

fairly common for an amateur.new opiate user to become nauseous after smoking cigs, i went thru it mostly on oxy or hydro....10yrs later from lortab poppin till now occasional morphine, dope use i dont get nauseous from cigs,

I'm no amateur. I've been using opiates and opioids for 7yrs now and dope for 1yr and occasionally i smoke 1 cigarette and I have to go puke. But after I do puke I feel absolutely wonderdul. Like I was never nauseous. But as soon as I light up again every drag brings me closer to bowing down to the porcelain gods.

I'm no amateur. I've been using opiates and opioids for 7yrs now and dope for 1yr and occasionally i smoke 1 cigarette and I have to go puke. But after I do puke I feel absolutely wonderdul. Like I was never nauseous. But as soon as I light up again every drag brings me closer to bowing down to the porcelain gods.
I'm inclined to say it's the cigarettes, too. Like others have said, both can irritate the stomach. I did both for years with no troubles. Nowadays, if I try and smoke I get nauseated right away. Vaping wasn't popular when this thread was started but for me it's a better alternative to smoking cigarettes. I'm going to close this because it's from 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.