View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Natural MAOIs

mrdocat

Bluelighter
What are the most potent natural MAOIs I can but at local stores or pharmacies?
Please just answer the question.
Thanks.

Syrian Rue is pretty potent. You'll have better luck finding it online (and it's cheap) but it's sold as "Esphand" in middle eastern grocery stores.
250px-Peganum-harmala-esphand-4oz.jpg

Cool! How is that best used?

EDIT:
I've read a number of reports giving elaborate extraction methods for Syrian rue. After some experimentation, I discovered that simply boiling the whole seeds in plain water for 30 minutes gives a perfectly good yield. I don't think there's any point doing anything fancy to get that last little bit out -- the seeds are legal and cheap. 3 grams extracted this way gives me enough MAOI activity for ayahuasca use. It may even be possible to shorten the boiling.

My exact procedure is:

1. Measure out 3 grams of Syrian rue seeds.
2. Put them in a pot.
3. Put 300-400 mls of water in the pot.
4. Cover the pot, place on stove, and turn stove on.
5. Bring to boil.
6. Simmer 30 minutes.
7. Strain.
8. Drink.

Don't believe it'll work? Try it!

Unfortunately its limited to MAOI-A. Cool anyway =]
Waiting more answers for the case I don't find it on local stores.

don't extract the seeds with water.

syrian rue alkaloids are INCREDIBLY bitter.

simply swallow one teaspoon of whole (not ground) seeds. they alkaloids are primarily found in the red seed coat, which your gut is good at breaking down. just don't chew them, because the taste is absolutely terrible.

MAOIs are a bit dangerous to use regularly, as there is a ridiculous list of contraindications. If you're planning on using them for daily medication based on info gleaned from wikipedia, that's a very bad idea.

In various ayahuasca applications, they work quite nicely though.

No problems with contraindications, I only eat certain foods.

Saaad people I couldn't find none of the various MAOIs listed on Wikipedia - with exception to Ginkgo Biloba but it has many effects so I suppose if I take it enough for it to be a MAOI I'll have some problems?

Do you know where I can buy it online? :\

yohimbe works uckin great. > rue, passionflower and all that other nonsense.
it does yield negative effects however so use with caution/discretion.
the most i get as far as sides are slight nausea during digestion phase. and if combined with prescription ED meds it can give you a headache. i also read that it raises blood pressure and some people are sensitive/drastically affected.
the good effects are increased speech, feelings of superiority, fluctuating feelings of euphoria, increased strength/repetitions during exercise, a nice adrenaline rush similar to other uppers but lacking the jittery, nervous, anxiety that accompanies them. it will also cause mydriasis which is pupil dilation. pupils + talkativeness = this dudes on something!
now is all this caused by a-receptor antagonism/agonism and affects at the 5-ht receptors? maybe partly, but most if not all maois show affinty for receptors in combination to the oxidase inhibiting activity itself.

I didnt know rue seeds worked fine whole, I thought the harmine/harmaline were throughout the whole seed, but what I figured out was that 1 heaping teaspoon, 3grams, of seeds, ground, swallowed with honey, peanut butter, or just a thick sweet juice like pineapple is perfect to activate oral DMT and also 5-meo-DMT and also to potentiate/deepen shrooms (2g => 3g, and it feels LESS anxiolytic, more mellow, yet also deeper and more spiritual... Try It, You'll Like It, Mikey!).

Since it is a short term mao-a only inhibitor you do not need to avoid like everything for 2 weeks before and after... just avoid stims, beer, cheese, other foods high in tyramine, other prescription psychoactives etc. for a few hours before or after. They are fairly gentle and forgiving actually

3g syrian rue + on an empty stomach, then in 45 mins you're feeling kinda fuzzy (actually an interesting, subtle, spiritual, anti-depressant buzz on its own I've found as well), then add any of the following to nice effect:

- 1.5 to 2g of shrooms
- 10-15mg 5-meo-dmt for an OMFG white out blending with the spirit behind the universe 1ht trip
- ??? dose of DMT (contained in ??? ground or extracted Mimosa root bark, Psychotria Viridis leaves, etc... you'll have to look these up... I'm not sure off the top of my head... google for "Gracie & Zarkov, DMT How and Why to Get Off", old but contains still excellent instructions and experience reports).
- getting high on plain old weed is even pretty awesome on it.

Passion Flower is mild, but will work for potentiating mushroom tea nicely and if you use lots, can be made into an ayahuasca mixture.

oh, um, yea... actually that is me on 4-aco-mipt ;)

DwightHowardSupermanDunk.jpg

dwight-howard1.jpg

Can he really leap that high or is that just photoshop? Anyway, sorry about the ot post, couldn't resist, haha

Last edited:
An ounce of Syrian Rue is on the way in the mail, and I've also got 5-Meo-DMT coming! (Along with 2C-E,-P, DOC, and AM-2201, JWH-210, and MXE)
Any experience with these other substances? I'm already feeling good about the combo with 5-MeO-DMT. :)

Good4you! -snip- No vendor talk ~Jesusgreen I`ve had a few experienxes with 2C-E/P The E i didnt like cause it felt incredibly toxic! My guts just got crazy and I was vomiting like a cannon. Effects similar but maybe 2/3 the strength of 2C-P wich is the most potent synthetic(not counting LSD) I`ve ever tried. Stay under 50mg!!

Is there no easy to get maois out there? Like in the grocery store, in the park or whereever? Doesnt have to be supereffective, just a little help for my freshly picked shrooms :>

Last edited by a moderator:
Rue is the only "super effective" commonly availiable MAOI.

Most plants contain MAOIs so weak you would need to ingest 5-10g of pure chemical, or 100s of grams of plants in a go.