• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

'Natural' highs - sex, pain, fasting, trance....

ginisfluff said:
People seem to get worried when I go out clubbing/dancing stone cold sober.
"sure you don't want a drink? you can always crash at my house?"

It kinda annoys me that 90% of people only go out clubbing to get pissed (or fucked on drugz) or to get laid.
I just wanna have fun and it does get tiring going out with friends that spend the whole time trying to get laid and end up totally fucked by the end of the night anyways.

Well they wake up alone with a hangover, I wake up feeling invigorated.

I have no problem with drugs I think they're great tools for mind expansion but when used as forms of escapism regularly they can get dangerous.

Me and my friend are thinking of spending some time doing sleep deprivation.
Is it an interesting experience? or just tiring ?

couldn't agree more...

people just miss the point and it's kinda disheartening.. But I just do my best to let them do what they want and I'll do what I want and reap the benefits I see so.
but I feel ya on that one.

...you lay on the ground looking for the bad guys...
...means lying on the ground looking for the bad guys...
...falling asleep could be the enemy sneaks up on you...
...looking for the bad guys...
...his rifle pointed out towards the bad guys...
...supposedly see the bad guys...
how to recognize the enemy?
it's really easy : the enemy is stupid
first proof, he thinks that you are the enemy, whereas it's him who is the enemy

back on topic :
- "popplagið" and "world police and friendly fire" live
- a whole city banging pots and pans at their balcony in protest against the war in iraq

i could say bad guys or i could say opposition force. i could say rifle or i could say m-249 squad automatic weapon. i could say point my rifle or i could say orientate my weapon in the direction of the likely avenue of approach for the opposition. i could say patrol or i could say movement to contact. i could say lay on the ground or i could say establish a defensive position in the prone position at the south by southwest position of the security perimeter.

some things are easier to read then others. as i was commenting on hallucinations experienced through severe sleep deprivation, I did not deem it appropiate to write in techinal terms that are, by and large, esoteric to the general population. it's called adjusting language as appropiate to the audience. but i've never been called smart so what do i know...

sleep deprivation - I get all manic and speedy by about 5 AM if I'm sober (used to stay up editing magazines from time to time), very giddy too in a way that stimulants don't do. Absolutely terrible for the body though, I feel wrecked for 2 days. Worse than anything I've done except high doses of AMT and the worst hangover I ever had.

dancing - I almost feel like I "trance" when I'm dancing sometimes - I just feel like a giant energy hose. Usually when I'm in the zone it gets a big response from women, who start dancing very close, and people who are with me and are insecure about their dancing skills get intimidated. I can pretty much do this at will at this point, hip-hop, techno, rock, whatever, but I don't very often because most of my friends are white-bread types who can't feel the beat and they think I look funny and keep trying to get me to slow down and sort of squirm all detached-like. I do a lot better at clubs with a largely african-american or raver crowd, because most of the people can feel the beat.

music - I was sober at one of the phish shows I attended this summer, and all I remember about the big jam of the second set, and in fact all I could remember about it as it was ending, was "it was mostly white and came back in on itself twice." Sweet jesus.

breathing/mantra meditation - I got pretty good at this, it'll match up to any mid-plateau dissociative in the book as far as getting out of the body. This is the easiest high that I've had that I could bottle and sell, because you're just *gone* in a pleasant bliss. I stopped doing it because it was too much like a drug and I realized I was using it to escape rather than deal with my situation.

awareness meditation - I usually wind up containing some of my current ego constrictions in a much, um, larger and lighter space than I'm used to. I don't know if I would call this "high," though.

kensho - I don't expect that you'll believe yet another random net poster, but I had the full flash. Not high per se, just as it is. I was, like I have always been and all of you are, the eternal "nothing," beyond time and space and at the same time this body. Then some of the old ego constrictions started back up. But I can never turn my back on it, and it's had by far the most impact of any one experience on how I see and behave in reality. Unbelievably frickin frightening (or was that just a giant energy release?) as it was coming, despite years of previous work and experience in expansive states.

religion - Never got the buzz from being in church myself, but I think I can understand it, it's like being in a crowd that's really into it at a rock concert in some ways. It's an energy release that lifts people temporarily outside some of their constrictions, so they experience the eternal clear light at the basis of reality (call it god?), or a slightly restricted and dimmer version thereof. Sincere, fervent prayer helps to generate the energy as do building structures, collective focus, lighting, music, etc. As people come back out they can use this energy and perspective to improve themselves, work through their emotional blockages and hatred, and become better people. If they don't want to do that then they can use the energy to further strengthen their constrictions to an unbalanced extent, just like any other method. Which is why a lot of fundamentalists, just like a lot of meditators or drug users, seem so unbalanced, especially because most ministers don't have a particularly clear idea of what they are working with and couch a lot of their speeches in conversion rhetoric rather than peace. The fundamentalist churches are currently growing and growing because mainstream churches are just dishing out lectures on morality and don't understand the energy at all.

oh, and how could I forget orgasm, duh.

whoever was thinking about sleep deprivation, definitely read up on it at erowid. there are a couple of people who really fucked themselves up badly, esp once you go through a second night. Not necessarily safer or more interesting than drugz at all.

Last edited:
Inspector Abberline
what i tried to suggest had nothing to do with the terms used.

what i meant was that a soldier of the blue army doesn't know the soldier of the green army who he's going to shoot.
and the soldier of the green army doesn't know the soldier of the blue army who he's going to shoot.
they consider themselves enemies without even knowing each other or their opinons.

the blue army goes to war because the blue president tells its people they have to defend themselves against the green.
the green army goes to war because the green president tells its people they have to defend themselves against the blue.

if the soldiers didn't follow orders blindly, there would be no bloodshed.

wars are fought by soldiers who kill each other without knowing each other, at the command of politicians who know each other but let others die for them.

I get a really big high when I make someone I care about feel good after being down. It makes me feel good about myself to know that i can show them i care through some sort of actions because im not the type to just tell people.

Another way i can feel a high is dancing, weather in a club, or just breakdancing with friends. It's that feelin when you get in front of everyone and just hit a one tap 10 round headspin drill and the crowd loves you.

Well I was once a devout, non drug using Christian and I can tell you that the highs where more guiltless, but not better. ;)

Music can work better.

Apparently, once someone has attained zen it cannot be lost.. Eitherway, when i was practicing the philosophy, there were some truely unique states of mind that drugs could not touch..

HOLY SHIT YOUR RITE^^^^
i say we start a revolution and KILL ALL THE POLITICIANS of the world!!!!! WHOS WITH ME!!!!!!:D

MINE:

*Making love
*Intense exciercize(especially dancing for hours)
*Deep prayer/meditation and connecting with the higher power (What Sohi was talking about it-what makes me believe in the higher power of the universe and the spirit of Christ, even though I don't consider myself a Christian because I don't agree with the entire religion)
*Lucid dreaming/intense visions in dreams. This has only happened to me a handful of times over my life, but when it has it has been more beautiful of an experiance than any drug could EVER offer.
*Having a really good cry
*Music that touches me deeply (especially euphoric trance)

The most euphoric natural high comes from not eating for me. Towards the end of the day if I havent eaten, I become numb physically and mentally. I dont have enough energy to let anything bother me.. kind of like opiates in that sense.

Colors become much more vivid as well.

Exercising is a close second.

* I get high from just being happy, having a sensory overload. for example: having just the most perfect day or just being content living in the moment.

* sometimes when I wake up in the morning I feel very euphoric
glowing morning person
* the natural chemistry of love and vibe.

* kissing. conversations between bodies only

* Giving

* the transition seasons are so intense with color It makes me high

*dancing

* connecting with people with words

*music. bass

there are so many !!!!! I could go on and on

Last edited:
Killing would be a natural high (For some, I've not experienced it!)

controlling others and inflicting pain on others would be too! (Also for some)

Natural high I've had

Inflicting pain on my little sis' when we were kids! :\

Post work out

Episodes of mania (Semi-natural I'd say, it's sort of induced by the SSRI's)

Sex

Don't know of any others! :\

Could a hot bath be counted? :\

Last edited:
*The most easily attained high for me comes from a hard core cardio session. I would definitely equate the feeling to being coked-up - it makes me feel invinceable.

*Certainly mind-blowing sex (I think we can all pretty much agree on that one)

*Fasting is definitely up there. I've done juice fasting, and I certainly felt much sharper mentally - everything felt more vivid. I felt like my mind was in a quiet state; listening, perceiving everything around me, seeing what others missed.
-I have also just neglected to eat. I went through a period a few months ago where I was barely eating - I was taking Hydroxycut, drinking coffee, having energy drinks. I got a very strong high from that. I felt incredibly powerful. Damn I miss ephedra. My body is so used to caffeine now that the feeling is hard to duplicate.

i think anal sex gives me the best high. if you have any pics or want to trade then send me a message.

my friend thinks skateboarding and bungy jumping is good too.

Making someone else feel good makes me feel really good.

Music and dancing, I love to dance and when I really get into it when I'm out or just at home I just seem in a trance.

Laughing, my favorite past time. I have laughed so hard that I have passed out. I get such a buzz from laughing it's not funny :p

Sex, definately right up there, also combined with the feeling of makin someone else feel really good.

Conversation.

Expressing emotions, laughing, crying anger etc.

Risking my life. I love to speed and drive like I'm insane. I've had 3 serious accidents, 2 in which I'm lucky to be alive. Nohing like an adrenaline rush.