• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Natural HIGH tolerance to sedatives except NMDA antagonists.

Mracid

Bluelighter
Hi, I'm writing this to get some answers in 2 possible ways, some1 actually identifying himself to what i'm going to describe as my ''symptoms'' and found an answer or either by posing theories on why would a body act like that since the moment it hits prepuberty and why would it also react to drugs like mine does.

Heres the description: I have mental hyperactivity, meaning i not only always need something to think about meaning my brain forces me or does the job call it whatever you want, I cant get peace in my head, always curious about something and looking for answers at random questions and when i mean random its random!! Instead of focusing on what I want to do/achieve which is debilitating. Add to that Intense insomnia like 3-6hours sleep a day and I'm 18 and staying up isnt my intention, i have no job nor go to school because of the the 1rst symptom. And at last, usual sedatives doesnt do anything to me except NMDA antagonists that have the capability of allowing me to knock down but need higher than usual dose.

As an example for my ''natural'' tolerance to sedatives, note that the first time I took benzos it was equal to 3mg xanax as oxazepam so 120mg and it didnt even made me skip a toke (I vape cannabis daily for axiety and SA since im 16 and I'm 18 ) Then for opiates, 30mg oxy maxes me more nauseated than high. like it doesnt even get me higher than vaping 0.2g of cannabis. And at last I dont drink alcohol because I mostly only get a feeling at 5-6 drinks and as I weigh 110lbs plus again nausea ! (yeah I have a sensible stomach)

I am opened on both psychoanalitic and neurologic sides and have also both ability to seek informations and a good understanding of basics.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like you have some minor Psychological problems like adhd/add. Maybe you should consider a therapist because it seems to be affecting your day to day life. I also feel like you have some anxiety.

Some peopl have a liver enzyme deficiency, but that's more rare. Natural tolerance is a lot more common. Some people are more "immune" to downers than the next guy. You seem to be very immune. There's more that I can't get off the top of my head. Another BL member can give you more info.

I cant get peace in my head, always curious about something and looking for answers at random questions and when i mean random its random!! Instead of focusing on what I want to do/achieve which is debilitating.

Until you find what inspires you and thus rewards you, you won't know what you want to do/acieve, but if you truely do know what this is ( no offense, but at 18 years of age, I wouldn't expect anyone to know this ), then hold on to it and never let it go, no matter what the price.

On the flipside, looking for inspiration can be soul destroying and my advice is let it come to you.

Try keep things simple, and your concentration will improve.

Just a lil advice from an "old timer", who only grabbed onto inpsiration after the "chemical" search for it over a few decades just had me running around in circles.

I have no regrets, and struggle with focus too, but reminding myself of my passion from time to time works better than any medication I have ever taken.

Good luck.

I feel like you have some minor Psychological problems like adhd/add. Maybe you should consider a therapist because it seems to be affecting your day to day life. I also feel like you have some anxiety.

Some peopl have a liver enzyme deficiency, but that's more rare. Natural tolerance is a lot more common. Some people are more "immune" to downers than the next guy. You seem to be very immune. There's more that I can't get off the top of my head. Another BL member can give you more info.

Funny you say that cuz I do have a low ADD not enough to even be diagnosed but the psy told me I was damn near it (she also said it could have been wrong since I could have balanced the ADD symptoms by intellectual creativity) . I also have a moderate GAD trouble so on that note you deduced well. Oh and therapists are usually slow working. and I dislike that. Dont get me wrong I still tried and keep trying it, I just find it long and atm useless. The enzyme problem would be wierd since other drugs that I tried that were metabolised by the same enzyme, and were not downers, had acutally a more potent effect than expected.

Until you find what inspires you and thus rewards you, you won't know what you want to do/acieve, but if you truely do know what this is ( no offense, but at 18 years of age, I wouldn't expect anyone to know this ), then hold on to it and never let it go, no matter what the price.

On the flipside, looking for inspiration can be soul destroying and my advice is let it come to you.

Try keep things simple, and your concentration will improve.

Just a lil advice from an "old timer", who only grabbed onto inpsiration after the "chemical" search for it over a few decades just had me running around in circles.

I have no regrets, and struggle with focus too, but reminding myself of my passion from time to time works better than any medication I have ever taken.

Good luck.

I know what I like, its pharmacology and neuroscience but the problem is I REALLY DISLIKE school. To me its a jail for the brain giving the only ambivalent feeling of stimulating boredness. So my problem is complex field without the ability to pursue it in a legit way. My solution, finding something else to do and keeping neuroscience for personnal interest, but nothing is enough interesting to make me do anything else than just think about it and move on.

Also I dont know how long can it take for something interesting to come but I know I've never really liked doing anything just for the point of doing it. I usually act on goals rarely on impulsions (which is mabe why i dont do alot).

Hmm. OP, have you ever considered the possibility of your having an autism spectrum disorder?

Yourself sounds almost like a doppelganger of myself—I am afflicted with autism (which was initially diagnosed as ADHD, then as ADHD + social anxiety, then ADHD + social anxiety + bipolar disorder, and finally—after twelve arduous years of toiling around with incompetent head shrinkers—as an autism spectrum disorder coupled with social anxiety).

If you have not yet researched these illnesses, I implore you to do so forthwith. But, please, for the sake of actual autists, do not self-diagnose simply if you suspect you may have a form of autism.

The disorder itself is bad enough without everybody thinking every autistic person is a liar trying to justify being an uncaring asshole or some Sheldon Cooper (from the TV series 'The Big Bang Theory') wanna-be. Do not use a diagnosis of autism as an excuse for inappropriate behavior, but use it as an explanation with which to enlighten neurotypical people about the reasons for your peculiarities. And always remain open to any viable therapy or well-taken advice that may be of benefit to oneself in becoming less peculiar or eccentric, insofar as you do indeed receive a professional diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder. It would make everything tremendously less difficult and far less frustrating for us all if you follow my suggestions, and I'd thank you for it.

I was exactly the same when I started. Less so now as I've learned to understand the drugs I use better and appreciate them more because of this. I'm bipolar, friend who is bipolar has the exact same deal. Very odd.

Hmm. OP, have you ever considered the possibility of your having an autism spectrum disorder?

Yourself sounds almost like a doppelganger of myself—I am afflicted with autism (which was initially diagnosed as ADHD, then as ADHD + social anxiety, then ADHD + social anxiety + bipolar disorder, and finally—after twelve arduous years of toiling around with incompetent head shrinkers—as an autism spectrum disorder coupled with social anxiety).

If you have not yet researched these illnesses, I implore you to do so forthwith. But, please, for the sake of actual autists, do not self-diagnose simply if you suspect you may have a form of autism.

The disorder itself is bad enough without everybody thinking every autistic person is a liar trying to justify being an uncaring asshole or some Sheldon Cooper (from the TV series 'The Big Bang Theory') wanna-be. Do not use a diagnosis of autism as an excuse for inappropriate behavior, but use it as an explanation with which to enlighten neurotypical people about the reasons for your peculiarities. And always remain open to any viable therapy or well-taken advice that may be of benefit to oneself in becoming less peculiar or eccentric, insofar as you do indeed receive a professional diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder. It would make everything tremendously less difficult and far less frustrating for us all if you follow my suggestions, and I'd thank you for it.

I actually passed the autism spectrum disorder test and found to be negative due to having only 1 on 3 parts of that disorder and its the social part only. As for the way I talk or write in english, it's probably cuz I speak french as a 1st language and leared english in a more logical and litteral way.

I've had the same issue since I can remember regarding drugs, sedatives barely do a thing to me but NMDA antagonists hit me like a brick. I've wondered why this is for years, I'm also a huge lightweight when it comes to marijuana (in fact I hate it for most likely that exact reason) but then every other drug requires so much material for me to feel a thing. Stimulants, psychedelics, opiates, etc., I have this strange natural tolerance for all of them, with no logical explanation for that I've come across yet. I know I have issues with anxiety and focus much like you (I've been diagnosed with various anxiety disorders as well as ADD), I don't quite understand completely how these mental disorders interact with substances in the brain. One thing I can say is that I have this ability to adapt to new and strange situations abnormally quickly (as a result of needing to do so for the sake of my sanity in past times) and while this may not be a complete explanation, I do believe it comes into play to some affect in that once I achieve some level of altered state, I quickly become used to it and even bored with it, wondering what's next. Needless to say, I don't quite have a real answer as to this question, but it is comforting to see that I'm not the only person around who is like this.