• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Natural cannabis anxiety vs synthetic 'noids anxiety, which one is worse?

WhiteDream

Greenlighter
I have access to weed. And sometimes I smoke it. But often I get anxiety; alone or not, I just get selfconscious and feel extremely unpleasant, anxiety, negative thoughts..

We all know weed can cause anxiety. But what about synth noids - specifically AB-FUBINACA maybe - are they less or more prone to induce anxiety? (Not blends - only pure product)

Thx .. I really wanna be able to enjoy getting high again you know

It's always easier to over-do synthetics, so it will always be easier to get more anxiety from them.

There is also little to no research involved with their side effects.

Try smoking a high CBD strain, and try smoking less. If that doesn't help, I would just give up (or at least NOT resort to something like synthetics).

If you eat a bunch of HOT spicy food it's similar to the feeling of doing pot, so there's that.

Synthetics are full receptor antagonists unlike THC, therefore they are much more likely to trigger your fight or flight response.

^ Yeah it's similar, in the sense that the initial rush of taking a dab or smoking a lot of pot at once makes me sweat and feel like I'm hot as if I just ate a jalapeño or something that would make my eyes water.

It's only comparable to the initial rush one can get from pot, but the actual high that accompanies the pot is not there with the jalapeño. But that rush can be fun!

In all honesty, I never even thought pot had a "rush" until I started dabbing. But yeah, eating hot food is similar to it. I never started to really appreciate hot food until recently as well. Your uncle is smart :)

So you think eating spicy food is similar to pot because it makes you feel warm and flushed? That's some pretty dumb logic friend.
Eating hot food is in no way "potlike"
Eating aaaaa llloottttt of spicy food containing certain ingredients can have sertogenic activity but it's nothing pot like

So you think eating spicy food is similar to pot because it makes you feel warm and flushed? That's some pretty dumb logic friend.
Eating hot food is in no way "potlike"
Eating aaaaa llloottttt of spicy food containing certain ingredients can have sertogenic activity but it's nothing pot like
Have you ever had a fat dab to the face?

Actually I have to agree that very spicy foods can induce a feeling similiar to taking a really big hit but without the buzzing/tickly/giggly pressure and other sensations that a THC high can be associated with. Sure being flushed and sweaty for a couple seconds is a farcry from "getting high" but it's only fair to say that they bring some of the same sensations. I believe spicy foods are also linked with heightened endorphine levels in the brain.

Personally I do not like that feeling. The face sweats are an unpleasant side effect in my opinion but I can understand why someone might actually enjoy it.
I'm not so sure that switching to synths is the best route. Perhaps learning some calm inducing psysical techniques to keep in mind for the next time you feel anxiety comming on.

For the record; try edibles or vaporizing. YMMV

I have access to weed. And sometimes I smoke it. But often I get anxiety; alone or not, I just get selfconscious and feel extremely unpleasant, anxiety, negative thoughts..

We all know weed can cause anxiety. But what about synth noids - specifically AB-FUBINACA maybe - are they less or more prone to induce anxiety? (Not blends - only pure product)

Thx .. I really wanna be able to enjoy getting high again you know

just out of curiosity I've been reading through the synthetic mega thread and based off of the responses in there I'd have to say hands down synthetics will cause much more anxiety, as well as a shit ton of possible other problems and side effects. Besides the fact that some of them are known to be carcinogenic and even neurotoxic, there is also the fact that most have no real idea what they are taking as they are consuming unregulated chemicals usually made by foreign manufactures who follow little to no regulation, certainly do not have to answer to the FDA or probably any other real governing body that will ensure quality control for human consumption. Personally I do not like that they are called synthetic cannabis as they are much different from cannabis and are IMO a completely different class of drug. Drug complications with synthetic drugs are more similar to that of benzos rather than cannbis from what I have read.

but ya, opinion aside, synthetics are way way way stronger. 0.01g is a large dose for most of the synthetics out there from what I have read. They are full cb antagonist and some act on completely different parts of the brain than real cannabis does, where as THC is only a partial antagonist. Compared to most drugs, little is known about cannabis(or much remains mystery or debated at least) and even less is known about synthetics. Even if you have a mg scale there isn't any way to know for sure what is in the powder you are getting.

Personally, I would suggest try taking smaller rips and allow more time in between doses/rips. Maybe instead of smoking a joint or bowl in one 10 minute session, try smoking a bowl over 1-2 hr period, or even just a hit or two. With cannabis less really is more.

I only ever fucked with a few synthetics, mostly blends so I was usually not aware of some or all of the noids I was consuming. I would say that on the whole I found synthetic cannabanoids to induce considerably more anxiety than cannabis.