• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Nasal damage from snorting suboxone?

pahn

Bluelighter
Hi all. Ive been a junkie for well over a decade now. I would mainly swallow pills, but over the past 8 years ive been on and off suboxone and my preffered roa has always been snorting it. For about 2 years straight now everyday ive been snorting it, usually just 1 8mg. Last year I switched to zubsolv because I liked the flavor and it was much less powder. Over the past 6 months ive noticed ive developed a deviated septum, as well as many other troubling symptoms. My nose looks physically altered, I only get about 50% of my normal air intake through my right nostril, and my nose runs constantly all day long. Ive developed occasional pain and burning in my sinuses and get headaches often. I often feel a clicking sound from inside my sinuses when i breath at times as well. Ive been trying to find a new ROA that works well for me but to no avail. Ive tried sublingual and plugging and both wasnt great. I dont want to shoot up either. This morning i woke up and blew my nose to find that my nose was filled with blood. I'm pretty concerned. I dont know if I should see a doctor, especially in my small town where doctors can be super judgemental about drug abuse related issues. I know I have to stop snorting, but its so damn hard when you are a junkie and just want to feel something. I'm just curious if anyone has had sinus problems like this and how serious it can be? I'm terrified of having to get surgery, but it may be in my best interest. Anyone whos had any experience with this i would appreciate some input! Thanks.

So obviously you should try and force yourself back on sublingual, if you've been able to abstain from other opiates and from IV use, you should be capable of sticking it out. While I still maintain standard sublingual dosing as my number one recommendation, if you feel like you need it, you could consider the solution ("sixpartseven") method as it increases the amount of the drug that is absorbed when you take it sublingually. Essentially all you do is crush it up and dissolve in a few drops of water, and then put the resultant solution under your tongue.

Well... wait. Zubsolv is based on this very same principle of increasing bioavailability, which is why its only 5.7mg, in which case you would likely get much less out of the solution method than someone on the generic tablet form. The good news is, this means you're already set to start taking the drug in a standard sublingual fashion because aside from the rate of onset, there should be very little difference in the amount of the drug absorbed when you take it either up your nose or under your tongue.

So again, just put it under your tongue dude, you gotta get over using your nose, you know you're capable of it. I have experience with the same problem and the most I can tell you is that maybe you could give the solution method a shot, just for the fact that it involves crushing the pill up--it gives you the same kinda rush even if you don't administer the dose the same way. Once you actually start taking it consistently sublingually, you can move from there to more "standard" dosing practices. But i definitely understand the need to "abuse" something after being a user, but since you've been able to get away from the worst of it (shooting, other opes, etc.), I believe you can get past this as well.

Good luck

Hey pahn. Same issues here. I snorted 2mg a day for almost two years. I quit snorting about two weeks ago because it was becoming very painful. Since I've stopped things have only slightly gotten better. I still have a headache, problems breathing through my nose, blackened eyes (sinuses), and sinus pains. I was able to stop snorting because of the pain I was having. It was getting ridiculous (sounds like where you are). I now just get the films and drop two in my mouth every morning and feel fine during the day. Give it a try. Also my nose had never bled like yours is.. I've been using a netipot as well (I'd suggest this if you aren't already doing it) (non iodized salt and distilled water). I plan on going to an actual doctor this week because my sinus headaches are not going away and with the temperature dropping its making it worse. Godspeed to us both.

No one here mentioned the word ''Addiction'', suboxone is usually prescribed by the doctor for opiate addictions so this being said, I assume you want to get high. No.

There are other effective things to snort if you want to get high.

You need to make sure you are cleaning your nostrils out everyday. Those drugs if not cleaned out of your nose will eat it alive as they tend to be very harsh to those mucus membranes. Please be safe my friend.