• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Nasal damage from snorting caustic substances

opiiumdiet

Bluelighter
Hey!! So I've noticed some pretty rapid damage to my nose from snorting MDMA/MA over the last month for so. What's the best way to prevent this in the future/help it heal faster (aside from taking a break, which I'm already doing)? I try to flush my nose out at least one time a session, and for awhile I was using saline swabs multiple times a night during my coke days.

Like, is there anyway to maintain moisture in my nose? I notice the drier my nose is the worse the damage is the next day. Does the position of the straw matter at all? Like would having it too far up/too low in my nostril effect how much damage is done over time? I already do a decent job at breaking it down (I know bigger chunks/crystals cause more damage) but does anyone else have suggestions on making sure its *completely* broken down?

Sorry if Im in the wrong section or if this has already been asked, I looked around but couldn't find more than the basic information on intranasal HR.

Thanks everyone!

No man you're fine. The question has been asked many times but it's pretty straightforward.

Really the best thing you can do is wash your sinuses out as you're doing. I feel the best way to do this is a device known as Navage. It uses saline and battery-powered suction. It shoots it in one side and socks it out the other.

If you find none of thus is working, there is nothing stopping you from sticking some petroleum jelly up there. I have no evidence for thus practice but my gut tells me it could be very beneficial.

I'd wash and drain your sinuses then take a gob of jelly on the end of a q-tip, sniffing to really get ot back there. Try it and lmk how it works.

If you find none of thus is working, there is nothing stopping you from sticking some petroleum jelly up there. I have no evidence for thus practice but my gut tells me it could be very beneficial.
i'm ngl this was going to be my next step 😅. i'll let you know how it goes. it's not something i see talked about a lot so i just kinda assumed it wasn't worth it to try, but i don't think it'll kill me to try so hopefully it does something