• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Narrative Trips - Had 'em? How, With What?

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
Narrative/Visionary Trips - Had 'em? How, With What?

This may seem a silly thread start, but I've been wondering this for a while now. Especially since I've started exploring the RC world, I've noticed, like many others, that something was missing from these experiences when compared with my memories of using LSD. Many speak of the trans-personal or spiritual aspects being more present in the classics. So far in my own research, I tend to agree, but am confused by whether or not these changes are really reflections of my own self changing over time. Doing psychs in my teens and twenties seems different somehow to my mid-forties experiences. I have not had "real" LSD since the nineties, so that's one difference for sure.

Despite having done acid over a hundred times, with doses ranging up to 5 tabs, I have yet to have a "Homer Simpson" kind of trip. You know, the one where he eats the peppers and starts tripping in an Aztec themed world, complete with taking animals. I am wondering if that's a thing for anyone, or is it a TV thing; do you get into storied-like narrative trips, or at least ones that are heavily themed or based on some motif?

The closest I've come is on 4 tabs of white blotter (1992, BC, Canada -didn't know the dose, but I knew the source!) where I found myself thinking I had slipped into more of a primate and had lost the ability to speak. As the peak came on, a woman remarked that I looked "like a little monkey in that sweater." A few minutes later, I found myself rubbing my sweater, which was starting to look like fur, and then rubbed my face. When I tried to speak, I couldn't feel my mouth, but I could form and hear my words.

I'd keep checking with people if they could hear my speaking, and was constantly feeling for my mouth which seemed to not be there AT ALL.
It got so bad, and so difficult to form words without feeling my mouth and tongue working, that I gave up and just grunted around.
I found myself forgetting everything that had happened and that I had even been a speaking being before, so I just went with it and really felt like some kind of animal.
I went into the back yard and made a "fort" out of a blanket and some cedar boughs, all the while thinking that this is what I had to do in order to survive. This was the day I would build my hut, and it all seemed normal.

I stayed out there for the whole peak until I finally found myself talking. I then asked myself "what the bah was I doing out here" and headed back inside. Everyone else was laughing at me, because it had been raining, and I was muddy and soaked, but smiling and finally talking again. Needless to say, that was the end of the monkey narrative, and there was of course more detail to the trip, which I will spare you, but this did feel close to a Homer-like story. I hope this makes sense; talking about psych experiences is tricky to say the least.

So I have one main question, and a side question (and please add to that, of course) . . .

1. Which compound(s), dosage-level, or combo brings you to a narrative trip. I'm defining a narrative trip as NOT just seeing patterns and breathing surfaces, it's more transformative, based on a theme or perceived story line, where the majority of the trip has this arc you move through and is consistent.

2. Has anyone had what I described above about their mouth being gone for a few hours? This trip made me think there must be another kind of acid, but it was '92.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully participating, as I'd love to learn more about what compounds present a more together trip. Or is it just my mind was more creative back then . . . ?

Thanks Bluelighters!
3.gif

Last edited:
Various psychedelics can sometimes take me a place where the CEVs to music are narrative, telling a story, kind of dream-like usually in that it's kind of impossible to explain back, or it doesn't really translate to language that well. Tryptamines are very good at it, 2C-E in particular is, too. Iboga (total alkaloid extract) was the most intensely narrative experience I've had, at a flood dose and also at a lower but still strong dose. It was dream-visions that would merge from one to the next and each was a story I was part of.

I've only done ibogaine that one (two) time(s) (they were 2 parts of the same trip that lasted a week but two distinct peaks). It seems like that's the way it is, very visionary. I don't reliably get the effect from anything else but I get it sometimes. One of the other most intense visionary states I've gotten to was on a combo of 2C-B and 4-HO-MET, full doses of each. The CEVs became very immersive and realistic looking, very, very abstract but rich in meaning and with a definite plot.

Thanks, Shadowmeister. I have been wondering about the full-iboga extract, must look more into it. Since reading your post, I'm altering my title to include the word visionary. I have tried Metocin, but not enough to have anything beyond a mild experience.

I think I'm going to try 4-HO-MET with ETH-LAD, as I'm loving what each have brought at threshold levels. I may try to combine 15mg of Metocin and 25ug of ETH-LAD, just to see what the combo synergy might be and how I handle a combo. Other than cannabis, I've never combo'd anything, but cannabis and LSD was an every time thing for me. Curious to see how one compound might fill in gaps the other has and vice-versa. Will post a TR when I actually do this!

I've found mixing MXE and 4-HO-MET was the key to me moving far and beyond the usual breathing walls and swirling patterns.

On one particular trip - in a dark room lying on a couch with no music I transformed into God, moving through the universe until I became the universe, (in and around 35/40 mg of each).

I find psychedelics on their own need to be of a highish sort of dose - 300 - 500 mcgs of 1p-LSD or 60+mg of 4-HO-MET being the sorts of doses I need of Lysergamides to get that sort of experience but as you know ymmv!

MXE is the best launching pad for psychedelics there ever was. Dissos in general make great launching pads for psychs, they help the full nature of the trip to come on and more easily transition into it.

As I understand it, MXE has come and gone (unless you're a chemist.) DMT (oral and as ayahuasca), salvia (both sublingual and smoked) and ketamine have given me narrative experiences. I'm pretty sure DPT would, too, but it's too eerie for me to go back to. Heavy doses of many 4-substituted tryptamines have narrative elements for me, too, although they're not as thematically consistent throughout. Mushrooms come close, definitely when combined with RIMA.

Thanks Shadow and Pfafffed, digging more and reading some Terrance McKenna is clearly steering me to the elves. Spice time!

Hmm, nobody ever had #2, the feeling of not having a mouth and wondering if anyone can hear you? I know LSD can be unique and different each time, but this felt different than my 100+ other trips. That darn Heiro was just so strong maybe... I will never know what it was.

The "Homer Simpson" trip you speak of always resembled a Mescaline journey to me based on the visual aspect as well as the "narrative." Take enough Mescaline and you'll trip just like that I promise you. And by enough I mean like 2-3ft bridgesii or 600-1000mg Mescaline.

DMT is another I'd highly recommend. DMT is the most powerful medicine I've ever come across and I'd probably be a junkie on the streets without it.

Both of these can give full visionary experiences when taken in the right doses where you completely disconnect from this world.

And mix em together to get into some real crazy territory ;) DMT and Mescaline seem made for each other.

Last time I had them both together my girlfriend turned into a 7ft tall lanky alien wizard with absolutely no face (looked like just skin, I could even see the perspiration on her forehead it gets that detailed) and was doing all these crazy wizard tricks. In real life she was hooping to music. I was able to comfortably (key word there) stay in this state for almost 45min but towards the end I could tell I was overstaying my welcome.

Mescaline seems to allow for a much easier transition to that other realm.

And as for your other question, experiences are always unique and while sometimes people's experiences correlate, often they do not. You likely just had really good strong LSD.

I am a believer that different batches of LSD have different effects but "forgetting one has a mouth" isn't one of em as far as I know lol.

-GC

Thanks, G-chem. I was hoping for some truth to this notion.
Now that I have vomited (sorry) on ETH-LAD, I am no longer afraid to dig into cacti.
Now to the local shops!

Sounds like combos are what I am after. And I will look more into MXE, thanks folks!

Sorry dude, that boat has sailed. A crack down in China killed the production, yet the market for it remains strong - hint, hint some aspiring chemist!

Sorry dude, that boat has sailed. A crack down in China killed the production, yet the market for it remains strong - hint, hint some aspiring chemist!

Yes, yes please! MXE is one of my all time favourite drugs - far superior to ketamine imo. Why is no-one filling that gap?

Yes, yes please! MXE is one of my all time favourite drugs - far superior to ketamine imo. Why is no-one filling that gap?

The question of the decade right there... it's not even illegal everywhere. Someone could make a killing and make a lot of people very happy. We've discussed in here many a time how strange it is that no one is making it considering (a) it must not be that hard since it was dirt cheap and plentiful for years, and (b) it has more demand and love for it than most any other RC.

But yeah, agreed, MXE is vastly superior to ketamine. In fact MXE is superior to any disso, hands down... it really is a very special molecule that nothing else replicates.

And every time I hear this I kick myself in the ass for not buying any when I had the chance... :/

Really hope someone does get back on it cuz it kills me that I've yet to try it.

Haha ya def need to be ready to yak.. Althoufh to be fair I'm a puker through n through (MDMA gets me all the time) but I've never thrown up on cacti. In fact the only time I've vomited on Mescaline it was actually fairly pure Mescaline acetate. So it's my belief that the puking comes more from ingesting the Mescaline too fast as opposed to the cacti material itself.. (I've been consuming cactus for many years and would think it would have gotten me by now.)

It comes quick no matter what just like MDMA, you puke for a few mins then everything gets kicked up a notch and your tripping.

My tip for getting down cacti. The nasty taste is more fat soluble than water soluble. So what I like to do is chase with some Gatorade and a bag of Fritos. The Fritos work beautifully to grab that nasty taste and wash it on down due to the corn oil and texture. I live by this method.

-GC

I find that chasing with peanut butter gets the nastiness out of your taste buds very well. In fact peanut butter will erase pretty much any lingering bad taste.

Thanks, people! I am already getting prepared for this next trip, and these are helpful bits of info.
Hmm, MXE does seem like a missed opportunity. Is it that the, if any exist, analogs are not on the level of the prototype?

Hmm, MXE does seem like a missed opportunity. Is it that the, if any exist, analogs are not on the level of the prototype?

Nothing has come a long that could replicate whatever magic there was in MXE. People aren't looking back on it fondly or giving it credit where it isn't due. If it came back around you'd probably have a hard time getting it because no amount of it would satisfy demand. There is just something very childlike and magical about MXE. It also provided you with multiple levels to explore. It was possible to take a little and have a good time socializing and it was possible to take more and spend the night in a hole exploring the deepest reaches of your own mind and the universe. There was also this fun place in between when you could keep one toe in reality and one toe in the hole.

My friend put it best when I first introduced him to it: "It feels like the 80s (childhood)".

I really hope it comes back around at some point. I owe a friend over a gram of the stuff.

Nothing has come a long that could replicate whatever magic there was in MXE. People aren't looking back on it fondly or giving it credit where it isn't due. If it came back around you'd probably have a hard time getting it because no amount of it would satisfy demand. There is just something very childlike and magical about MXE. It also provided you with multiple levels to explore. It was possible to take a little and have a good time socializing and it was possible to take more and spend the night in a hole exploring the deepest reaches of your own mind and the universe. There was also this fun place in between

That's a great way of describing it. If it came back I'd certainly buy a decent store of it and I'd imagine there will be plenty like me and if you add in all those who missed it the first time there'd be a huge price hike to complement the shortages.