• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Nardil & Marplan

OH man, don't include me with Leungkachong, whose posts were really great. All I did was scan what had been published.

Just wondering how Marplan is going? I have never heard of anyone being on it before. I am on my second trial of Nardil, absolutely amazing drug in terms of its effectiveness. Side effects really really suck though

Just wondering how Marplan is going? I have never heard of anyone being on it before. I am on my second trial of Nardil, absolutely amazing drug in terms of its effectiveness. Side effects really really suck though
tried parnate?

best "antidepressant" available imo.

Yes, it is quite rare. I would say it's just OK for an MAOI. I like Nardil better, for sure.

tried parnate?

best "antidepressant" available imo.
That's what I wanted to try, but instead my doc put me on Marplan since it's known to cause less weight gain than the other MAOIs.

I'm switching Psychiatrists though, so I'm gonna ask my new doc to put me on Parnate. I really could use the energy and motivation that Parnate is known to give.

I have taken Nardil, Parnate and now Marplan. Nardil did cause weight gain (45 pounds over the 4 years I took it). When Nardil stopped working, my doctor switched me to Parnate which did not work for me at all. I have been taking Marplan for over 2 years with much success and have lost the 45 pounds I gained while on Nardil. I do agree the withdrawal period and tritating off one drug while waiting to start a new one sucks. That being said, I would always follow your doctors instructions as I don't believe any of us are trained medical professionals?
My problem is this -
I have been taking Marplan for over 2 years. I am 100% disabled but do have insurance through my husbands job. However, my co-pay is still $384 for a 90 supply. Marplan's corporate website offers patient financial assistance but you cannot have any other insurance. Same thing with the discount card they offer for presentation to your pharmacy. I have looked at the on-line pharmacies (Northwest in Canada, etc.) and their prices are even higher!

Can anyone provide with any ideas or discount programs that actually work for someone who does have insurance for Marplan prescriptions?

This medication is the only one that has worked for me these last 2 years. I took another MAOI, Nardil for 4 years successfully then it quit working. My doctor tried Parnate next - no luck. Marplan works for me. Prior to going to MAOI's, I took almost every SSRI on the market as I have been dealing with this illness for over 25 years.

Any help anyone could provide would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Trmcduck

I did 8 IM injections of ketamine and now I am close to being totally free of psych meds, tapered down to just 25mg of clomipramine from 200mg day.
I've been on every psych drug there is over a span of 20 years..its fucking unbelievable. 8 separate 40mg injections of ketamine over 5 weeks has totally banished depression from my life and 80% killed my chronic anxiety.