• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Narco Tourism

Broderick49

Greenlighter
I found a thread here at http://www.bluelight.org/vb/archive/index.php/t-544365.html
but the last post was 50+ months ago.
Why I want to start a new thread? Given activities of police, lengthy jail sentences etc it is especially important that info re narco tourism be up-to-date. In the last 20+ yrs, I have been collecting quite a lot of info both f/ users and thru the mass media (mm). I wd like to make this available as far as possible.
There may well exist such a thread already. That is one reason for this start in 'Homeless' section; the Moderators will know where this belongs

good thread/link. I haven't been to Thailand in about 16 years and plan on going back to sea but I think Laos will be my destination.

Im looking for all the info I can get if anyone has any good links. My old stories are published, just look at my info for my blog.

good thread/link. I haven't been to Thailand in about 16 years and plan on going back to sea but I think Laos will be my destination.

Im looking for all the info I can get if anyone has any good links.

My old stories are published, just look at my info in my blog or occupation on where to buy my book of old smuggling stories from Thailand and Jamaica.

Anyone in Laos or Burma on this site I would love to hear from you. Vietnam as well. My Pop was killed during the war there in 69 and always wanted to go. This trip may be the one I do go to Vietnam. Specifically DaNang.

I gotta pimp myself a little. I hope Im not breaking any rules here.

Last edited:

My old stories are published, just look at my info in ABOUT ME for my blog or occupation on where to buy my book of old smuggling stories from Thailand and Jamaica.

Anyone in Laos or Burma on this site I would love to hear from you. Vietnam as well. My Pop was killed during the war there in 69 and always wanted to go. This trip may be the one I do go to Vietnam. Specifically DaNang.

I'm originally from the Chittagong District of Bangladesh (চট্টগ্রাম জেলা, গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশI in the Bengala language). I have spent my whole adolescence in Tripura, Mizoram, Assam, West Bengal, Nagaland, and most of Northeast India. I've also had a two month's sojourn in Bhutan, taken expeditions into West Burma, partied and resided in Thailand, vacationed in Da Nang, and toured the streets of Vientiane and Louangphrabang you won't find mentioned in a Lonely Planet travel guide.

In other words, as a South Asian with an unsatiable case of wanderlust and a love of adventure, I know South Asia as well as anyone.

But while I would hate to defecate on your parade, I cannot help but think your drug-seeking peregrination to either Laos or Burma will end in a macabre fashion—a tragic denouement of a conspicuous foreigner who thought an adventure to find drugs in a xenophobic, totalitarian dictatorship was a wise and cautiously considered idea.

I speak fluent Burmese. I look Burmese (though I'm not), and I am aware of the culture and how to comport myself within it. Yet still, I'm apprehensive and circumspect whilst in Burma or Laos. The official name, Lao People's Democratic Republic (ສາທາລະນະລັດ ປະຊາທິປະໄຕ ປະຊາຊົນລາວ) should inspire enough reason a trip there—especially for criminal reasons—would be a horribly ill-advised idea.

You'd stick out like an oversized tumor. No one will trust you, and you'll probably get detained for spying. Seriously, this ain't Bangkok or even Ho Chi Minh. And Burma? You think you can just nonchalantly waltz right into Burmese territory, without a soupçon of knowledge of the customs or language and buy some dope? Are you joking or stupid?

Oh, and Thai has better prices, friendlier dealers, and purer smack than Vietnam. Follow the flock of fanny-pack-wearing tourists to Thailand. Stay the hell out of Burma, Laos, and even Cambodia. The West only deploys rescue squads for VIP detainees. I fear your corpse may be more difficult to find for any rescue units as heroin was for you.

Last edited:

My old stories are published, just look at my info in ABOUT ME for my blog or occupation on where to buy my book of old smuggling stories from Thailand and Jamaica.

you could always come down to exotic west virginia lol i know a few ppl from the d that make the trip pretty regularly....

I wouldnt do much of anything in Burma, too sketchy. Laos Im down for an adventure in though, Cambodia I have friends there but Im just not into that whole party scene. Vietnam I want to visit for personal reasons, Thailand seems just way to strict. I was already set up by a local cop and asome street kids on my second trip there and I really dont want to make a fuss there. My first trip was awesome with no problems but that was 20 some years ago, Thanks for the insight.

Nom de Plume. I just read over some of your posts and its fascinating to hear how many degrees you have and how you talk of how big your dick is and its kind of funny how you put people down with all your talk. It reminds me of the scene in that Matt Damon movie where Matt Damon says to you "how do you like them apples"

Last edited:
I wouldnt do much of anything in Burma, too sketchy.

Well, I wouldn't say Burma is sketchy. It's just that it's a narco-state controlled by a despot, and has a majority population of people skeptical, distrusting, and unfriendly to your kind (Western, white tourists—this is a presumption and you may not be either Western nor white, but I don't think my suspicions are incorrect). If you go to Burma, you will be confined—by strictly-enforced law—to Rangoon, Mandalay, or Bagan. Every place else is restricted. You won't take a shit or jerk off without an undercover agent of the state knowing about it. You'll also require an advanced visa to even cross the border into Burma.

Hell, the government won't even allow me, with Bangladeshi and Indian dual citizenship, to stay longer than 14 consecutive days within the margins of the border. Whenever I go, I stay 12 days, then come back after a month, and resume my visit for another 12 days.

Laos Im down for an adventure in though[...]

Well, you're an adult and will do whatever the fuck you want. But why do to you have this impression of Lao Republic? Do you even know anything about Laos? Moreover, if you wanna find some ace heroin, avoid Laos. They do not do business with foreigners and you will probably be fatally wounded if you inquire too much about where to score smack and begin to make people uncomfortable. Stick to Thailand.

You'll find some very good golden brown in Bangkok, easily. And Thai are familiar to foreigners, so they won't hold your complexion or accent against you. Just don't traipse off the beaten path, lest you wanna get mugged. Thailand has the highest murder rates in SEA, btw. And Bangkok is brimming with all sorts of vices. Some you'd like (superlative dope and sexy, swarthy street walkers) and some you won't (child prostitution, violence, methamphetamine, guns, gangs, pickpocketers, narcotraffickers). So do as tour guide advises and you won't get stuck-up or need spare undies.

Cambodia I have friends there but Im just not into that whole party scene.

Ah, Cambodia. What nostalgia its name evokes. In all earnest, I probably have more than a few half--Khmer bastard children roaming abouts in Phnom Pehn somewhere.

Vietnam I want to visit for personal reasons...

What reasons? You wanna $10 party with some Gook whore that'll love you long time (Full Metal Jacket allusion)?

Thailand seems just way to strict. I was already set up by a local cop and asome street kids on my second trip there and I really dont want to make a fuss there. My first trip was awesome with no problems but that was 20 some years ago, Thanks for the insight.

Hahaha! You did something wrong, then.

me, with Bangladeshi and Indian dual citizenship,

if you wanna find some ace heroin, avoid Laos.

What reasons? You wanna $10 party with some Gook whore that'll love you long time (Full Metal Jacket allusion)?

ive never meet anyone from india or bangladesh who wasnt a complete fuking prick... and thats for real...

also he has detroit set as his location soooo shouldnt have to go to far to find some primo dope... and thats a rough fuckin town, prob more dangerous then laos...

and he said his ol man was killed in vietnam you asshole...

Yes I was doing something wrong in Thailand Mae Sai to be specific, I was buying drugs where being set up is not uncommon. Luckily as soon as I bought the drugs I stashed them outside away from n my room at the guesthouse. The cop came into my room asking for three bottles, the three bottles I had just bought from a street kid. The kid was supposed to get his three bottles back and the cop was supposed to get a bribe. It didn't work out for either of them although I was prepared to pay the $200 bribe because I had a small amount on the table in my room, about a dimes worth.
Pill-Billy is correct about my want to see Vietnam Im not looking to knock up a bunch of prostitutes.

No I dont know much about Laos other than what Ive read and watched, which is why I want to go. Ive been to Thailand and Burma for a day and I want tp explore more than anything. Im not on a drug seeking trip although I wouldnt say no if offered. I really just want to start getting out of these miserable Detroit winters and spend them in SEA while spending my summers here in Detroit where the weather is most comfortable and I feel at home with my friends. I love this city I just cant stand the winters here anymore knowing I could be traveling SEA on $700 a month.