• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Narcissism

i would think that psychedelics would also have the potential to exacerbate narcissism

ever fall in love with yourself in the mirror?

This is where I went, I can become quite the dick head cocky asshole if given the right circumstances on a Psychadelic. MDMA will make you all empathetic, but you can also get pretty god damn full of yourself given the right set and setting. same thing goes for LSD, I can be a laid back fun loving philosopher or if the wrong mood hits me watch out,

They would just end up like the ravers that brag about their massive acid and shrooms doses

If anything, psychedelics and dissociatives (esp.) have enhanced my ego. I think it's like anything in the body, repeatedly "killing" your ego will make it stronger.

Think about it, every serious spiritual teacher (esp. the psychedelic ones) of the past 70 years has claimed THEY have attained some "special" state which you too could attain if you follow THEIR method. Sound a bit egotistical to you?

dissociatives might actually lessen the ego in a literal, physical sense -- NMDA antagonists induce apoptotic cell death in the brain's frontal lobe.

sounds scarier than it is, though -- apoptosis is "healthy"/programmed cell death (i.e. the old adage that your body replaces all its cells every year or w/e).... this is as opposed to necrotic cell death, which is the unhealthy form.