View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Narcissism

Pinging brah

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, just been reading up on narcissistic personality disorder or what you might know as an ego maniac. We've all met people like this whether in school, social events & particulary the workplace.
As some psychedelics can be beneficial to the mind in many ways. Psychoactives such as ayahuaska, ibogaine, psilocybin etc.

Narcissists have particular personality traits that most people have except those traits being extremely amplified:
-shamelessness
-exploitation, using people to their advantage without much thought of the person's feelings, opinion.
-Perfection. Narcissists see them selves perfect in everyway. They brag, exaggerate experiences and top any of your own experiences (what ever you've done, they've done better).
-Lack of sympathy, manipulating people for self gain with no guilt or remorse of the people that they step on the way.
Just to name a few, in my own experience ive met many.

Question is could psychedelics be beneficial to this condition by diminishing ego and forcing them to suffer from all previous experiences that have caused harm and suffering to others while producing sadness and sympathy in the user and whether the effects could be life changing.
Thanks for reading, please express your oipinions.

Yes, it certainly could help. That is not guaranteed though, the lessons learned from a trip may be transient.

I think a soul-crushing, ego shattering trip could be one of the best things to happen to a true narcissist - but, like jecra said, it could be transient- then again, depending out how intense it is and the lessons learned, it may not be. could go either way IMO.

Related reading here and here.

The ego dissolution effects of psychedelics can result in various effects across individuals. The ego may be "tempered," it could be chastised, it could be frustrated into violent volatility, or any number of possible effects given the person and circumstance. It is up to the individual to decide how the drugs are affecting them (asking your friends how you've changed is probably the best bet for an accurate assessment). Psychedelics can alter the ego in many ways.

It is perhaps worth noting that "we," that is the younger demographic most likely to visit Bluelight, are considered to be among the most narcissistic generations ever recorded. So when we look into ourselves we should assume we are narcissistically deluded just based on the assumption that we are of the average (yeah, I know, you're not "average," but that's exactly what everyone thinks), and because of that we need to make appropriate adjustments in how we perceive and make judgments about ourselves.

Last edited:
Antisocial personality disorder would be a good candidate to. From the top of my head they lack most normal emotional responses including fear.
Would part's of their brain open allow normal responses or would they cruise through.

related reading here and here.

The ego dissolution effects of psychedelics can result in various effects across individuals. The ego may be "tempered," it could be chastised, it could be frustrated into violent volatility, or any number of possible effects given the person and circumstance. It is up to the individual to decide how the drugs are affecting them (asking your friends how you've changed is probably the best bet for an accurate assessment). Psychedelics can alter the ego in many ways.

It is perhaps worth noting that "we," that is the younger demographic most likely to visit bluelight, are considered to be among the most narcissistic generations ever recorded. So when we look into ourselves we should assume we are narcissistically deluded just based on the assumption that we are of the average (yeah, i know, you're not "average," but that's exactly what everyone thinks), and because of that we need to make appropriate adjustments in how we perceive and make judgments about ourselves.

qft

know a person with a gigantic ego. even on 50mg 4-AcO-DMT she cackles like a madwoman with a deranged look in her eyes. loves every minute. my friends are scared to trip with her lol

everyone on that show 'tool academy' should have tripped balls lol

i would think that psychedelics would also have the potential to exacerbate narcissism

ever fall in love with yourself in the mirror?

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v05n3/05303psy.html

This article mentions pschotheraputic techniques used in the late 80's/early 90's and asserts that psychotherapy is "well suited" for narcissists.

I've been watching this guys youtube channel who is big on shroom presence in Christianity, he apparently does quite a bit and seems to be pretty delusional about his own ego as a result of his beliefs.

i think this can be good if done appropriately and handled with experience sitters/guides, all in the right set and setting. i can also see it getting awful, the tripping wanting to get naked and fuck everyone/kill himself/break everything/attack people.

but also, after taking psychedelics a bit, people can get a whole new ego about their psychedelic use. truly ironic, but very pervasive in certain scenes. in the rave and especially the jam band/festival scene this happens quite a bit. i dont care if some experienced users dicksize to each other, but once a person like that starts posting here on BL, it gives new users a biased opinion on how one should go about taking these substances. sad to see this, especially on BL when its supposed to be a harm reduction site.

the people i know who get an ego from being such a "hardcore" tripper, burn out fast. they might even do it often, successfully. of course that doesnt really last for too long and they usually get their ass handed to them.

Bad idea. The narcissistic typically responds to threats on their thinly fragile ego with feelings of murderous rage. A narcissist would very likely avoid such power compromising activities.

Also, psychoanalysis has proved ineffective at treating narcissism in the majority of cases. And by the way, having a big ego is not clinical narcissism.

I would say no. This usually leads to projection.

The way to cure narcissism, is to expose the narcissist to situations that hurt their image or embarrass them and not try to fix it.

i think it would amplify their ego or make them aggressive

sociopaths on mdma dont get empathy, they just get really high

You need to take a massive overdose on the shrooms FIRST and this will send you to "Hell" ....and dissolve your ego and let you see who you truly are. THEN you do the MDMA next (Not the next day..lol) and this will give you empathy. The MDMA alone won't work to cure narcissists because of their serotonin disorder, the MDMA won't work right on them. I watched a narcissist take MDMA and they never got happy or loved anyone from it. So, the Key is to take the life changing spiritual pschedelic experience first, then once you have set the foundation for empathy, then you do the MDMA to cure whatever trauma is left. THEN the third step is to ASK The universe, or GOD And WANT to be a good person and from there, you WILL BE A GOOD PERSON.

I experienced all this for myself so I know it's true. I grew up with a narcissist parent and unfortunately I myself, was also one. I had no empathy. But then I had the big Hell shroom trips and started doing MDMA and then wanted to be a good person and WALLAH! I am now cured of my narcissism disorder. I actually consider myself to have more empathy than the average healthy person.

So there you have it. Curing narcissism is as easy as 1-2-3!

Step 1- Tons of Shrooms
Step 2- A good amount of MDMA (may have to repeat the experience for it to work. My first time taking MDMA I did not feel it)
Step 3- Want/Ask God to be a good person (People still have the choice to be good or evil even after taking mdma/shrooms. So you HAVE to make the choice to be good, or you simply won't be. But I think MOST if not ALL will want to be good once they see and go to hell and see what it's like to feel. The problem is, without the shrooms or MDMA narcissists dont normally have the capability to WANT to be good, that is why steps 1 and 2 are crucial)

i would think that psychedelics would also have the potential to exacerbate narcissism

ever fall in love with yourself in the mirror?

True, look at the people who end up with a messiah complex from psychedelic use. It's not a completely uncommon result for people to begin thinking they are the most special person in existence.

Op,
I know the kind of people your talking bout. I don't think psycedlecis really cure anyone, but after a lot of experiences u do less projection I think. Maybe find root causes rather than blame.

There's nothing more frustrating than having somebody try and push u to be rude and use people. Especially if the explanation is drugs. Makes u go thru the whole thing a thousand times.

I think diagnosis are sketchy from time to time tho. I think some people,...are just jerks. There's no like thing for it.

U can be a peace-nik and push for it, but there will always be a person wanting to crush it. Think of like communism. There's nothing wrong with peace, hate, drugs, using, any of that, its just a societal problem.

*edit
I just realized I commented like two above, I thought this was a new thread at first.

Ill add that a lot of people who act like that, its probably a front. That was my point, when your own demons have torn u apart before u don't hide them as quickly. Yea there we go. I should have just said that lol.

There is actually a thing called self-monitoring.

You might be interested in this. High self monitoring vs low self monitoring.