• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Narcan(Naloxone) effects in opiod user who has NOT overdosed - Question

xdefiance

Bluelighter
I have a question regaurding Narcan and was hoping to be given a technical response from someone who knows.

IF Narcan was administered to an opioid user who has NOT overdosed, will it effectiuvley take away the effects of the opioids without causing harm? How frequently can Narcan be used to take away the effects from individuals affected from opioid dependence? Is it possible for somone to spray you with Narcan almost every day and what are the negative effects of prolonged use?

Thanks

Naloxone shouldn't be used just to end the effects of opioids if that's what you're asking, but if you are wondering if it's safe to administer to someone who may have overdosed but you are not sure, the answer is yes. However since it basically forces opioids off their receptors so they will go into harsh withdrawals instantly.

I've been hit with narcan while on 380mg/day of methadone. I had taken alot of phenobarbital which they mistook for an opioid overdose. It was horrific. I almost instantly started shitting myself, and have never been so cold in my life.

Naltrexone can be microdosed however to combat opioid tolerance however.