• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Narcan and precipitated withdrawal (PWD)

Single KO

Greenlighter
I was wondering, if you have a habit, and you overdose and are revived thru a Narcan shot, will you wake up in precipitated withdrawal?

Feel like I’ve never heard of this happening, but it makes sense since Narcan is just nalaxone, and the nalaxone would rip all the dope off your receptors.

Yup it's pure agony.

This is because with narcan the dose administered is usually excessive.

Yup it's pure agony.

This is because with narcan the dose administered is usually excessive.

Has to be unfortunately.. You can’t ask the person their exact dosage, and with variable purity they wouldn’t know anyhow. Just keep pumping full of narcan til they come up pissed and swinging, that’s the protocol lol.

-GC

Has to be unfortunately.. You can’t ask the person their exact dosage, and with variable purity they wouldn’t know anyhow. Just keep pumping full of narcan til they come up pissed and swinging, that’s the protocol lol.

-GC
Yes , it's inevitable. I remember how pissed off I was at the paramedics the 2-3 times it happened to me though, which is stupid when you consider they actually saved my life

Yes , it's inevitable. I remember how pissed off I was at the paramedics the 2-3 times it happened to me though, which is stupid when you consider they actually saved my life

Totally. The first thoughts I had upon waking up were, "fuck, that $120 was nothing but a big waste" as the Naloxone (Narcan) pushed the Heroin out of my body. Think of how an injection of Opioids makes you high so fast it's disorienting and reverse this feeling to having sickness occur hard and fast in 2 minutes when it would normally take 24 hours or more. I remember thinking and saying I wish they had let me die and at that point, I really meant it. I would've rather been dead. It's a pretty jarring experience. Then you're released from medical care fully sick. You're forced to hustle in complete withdrawal whereas normally you'd be figuring things out before they got that bad. It's a pretty big reality check.

Yes. Complete projectile vomiting and all.

Although on me it wore off after like half hour. The really bad sick anyway.

Then I almost felt ok; not high but not dying.

They actually came at me in the hospital at that point n tried to give me a *2nd* dose…claiming the narcan can “wear off” I was like oh hell no you’re not giving me any more I’m awake n coherent.

And truth was I obviously wouldn’t mind uf it “wore off” but I don’t think that’s exactly how that works.

Of course I left and went n got something as I expected the sick to start hitting me. It did but like how you normally feel the onset of dope sick… I get that nasty taste in my throat n get shaky n all goes bad from there…

This was years ago n actual heroin not the shit today.

Yeah, I feel bad for paramedics. People wake up angry at them, and often even attack them. Happens all the time.

Who would have thought people would be thankless for having their life saved, let alone physically violent.

It's one of the ironic tragedies of the opioid epidemic.

Totally. The first thoughts I had upon waking up were, "fuck, that $120 was nothing but a big waste" as the Naloxone (Narcan) pushed the Heroin out of my body. Think of how an injection of Opioids makes you high so fast it's disorienting and reverse this feeling to having sickness occur hard and fast in 2 minutes when it would normally take 24 hours or more. I remember thinking and saying I wish they had let me die and at that point, I really meant it. I would've rather been dead. It's a pretty jarring experience. Then you're released from medical care fully sick. You're forced to hustle in complete withdrawal whereas normally you'd be figuring things out before they got that bad. It's a pretty big reality check.
Anytime I've been narcaned I've always went & shot up again straight away - foolish I know, u've just died frm shooting a substance & first thing ya do when ya get the chance is shoot it again - but yeah that's how bad it makes ya feel if ur risking dying all over again just to take away that PWD feeling frm narcan