• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Naltrexone rapid detox horror story

hifimusiquernb

Greenlighter
Okay, here is my naltrexone tale.
I have been blowing opanas for years landing me in rehab again. I am a year clean now and I'm fixing to graduate college. HOWEVER-- It took much suffering for me to get to this point.
Okay, so I end up in rehab again and at this point I had been on and off opanas for a long while. When I ended up in treatment this time I was on 125 mg of methadone a day.
Let me say this again.. one hundred and twenty-five that's 125 mg of fucking METHADONE a day. I'm about to get to the kicker of the story here.
In my initial intake I told the board that I wanted to detox FAST. (I did not see how they would get all the methadone out of my system in a week) So they tell me about the drug naltrexone and that it will do the job. They give me 40 mg of naltrexone.
Now let me really pick this apart for you people.. I have been on 125 mg of methadone a day and I have no clean days behind me. (I'm medically supervised do not try this at home kids.)
I take my meds that morning along with the 40 mg of NALTREXONE and 20 minutes afterward I start withdrawing so fucking bad that I have an hour long panic attack. I'm screaming like a lunatic going to the bathroom all over myself all the while thinking, "okay. I'm going to die". I'm an atheist and I asked Jesus Christ to spare my life. Oh, yeah methadone is by far 10x harder than coming off of than good smack in my experience. I was hallucinating and seeing crazy visual things I'm not going to go into but I think you get the picture. That day was worse than my dad dying because I thought I was going to die. I was seeing bizarre movies playing on the wall in my room. I can't make this shit up people. They had to use "chemical restraints" (nut houses don't use jackets anymore) to zap me to sleep and take me out of my misery. It was THAT BAD. I got so fucked off that I literally didn't eat anything for 3 days. I couldn't keep it down. They had to run an IV drip up my arm because I couldn't keep down water. All in all it took 10 full days of excruciating SUFFERING to get it all out of my system. Many places wouldn't take me because I was on methadone.. I was coming off of benzos too.
Cheers

Last edited:
Real similar story here. Have been to rehab 4 times. This last time I made it 7 months with AA until I started shooting oxys and tar for a month. Knowing I could not stop and not wanting to go to rehab again, I decided to make the worst/ possibly best decision of my life. I got the vivitrol shot. 380 mg extended release naltrexone. I told the doc I had been clean a few days (I hadn't of course) he said, "if you're lying, I feel really bad for what is about to happen". He gave me the shot, along with some scripts, including a small supply of Suboxone (it has a higher affinity than naltrexone, proven later in my story) so I get in my truck and start driving to the pharmacy, then it happened. My body went ice cold, shooting through my veins, immediately ripping the opiates out of my brain. I start to feel puke coming on, I pull into a McDonald's and puke my brains out non stop for an hour, not able to call an ambulance. My limbs were seizing, snot pouring from my face. Finally after an hour of violently throwing up, I drive about a mile to a heart hospital ER. They immediately put me in a room, but had no idea what to do with me, bc I couldn't speak (from throwing up). They were about to shoot me up with morphine, knowing it would do nothing, i whispered vivitrol to the DR. She had to go look it up, bc she has never had one person come in there for precipated withdrawals. She came back, didn't say anything, put something in the IV, and I woke up an hour later. By that time I could speak again, and said Suboxone, she tried to tell me it wouldn't work, I politely disagreed, then called my mom to get it filled, she brought it into the hospital, the DR let me take it. 15 minutes later, other than being traumatized by the whole deal, and a very sore diaphragm. Like nothing happened. The DR couldn't believe it, but I knew bupe was stronger. Now only 4 days later. I'm completely detoxed. So moral to my story, rapid detox with naltrexone, not under anasteshia, worst pain/torture of my life. But, plus side, the WD was compounded into 4 hours. Will only be worth if I never pick up again. Wouldn't ever have the balls to do that again.

I did rapid detox off 90mg methadone many years ago. I can confirm it is very, very bad. But on the positive side, tapering off 90mg would have taken a lot longer.

I'll say. I have experienced precipitated withdrawals and they are no joke. Its like all seven days of withdrawals hitting you at once.

Yeah, it was really really bad. Every time I DO it traumatizes my mind and spirit. I thought I would get covered up on that day