• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Naltrexone -help/advice please

im sorry but im not sure you read what i was saying

why would i research ULDN when i TOOK naltrexone, i took naltrexone and it caused these issues. therapy isnt gonna do anything.

theres no lack of interest in sex or libido, my sex drive is high its the orgasm that has no rewarding effect

I understand exactly what youre saying. If you had bothered to research any of our ideas, you would understand ULDN works much differently than full dose naltrexone.

Im not sure what you want the problem to be, but try a different forum. Maybe they will tell you what you want to hear.

Or you could try a doctor/therapist.

Either way, Ive put to much time into this. GL getting your dick to work.

Youre not imagining it, its a psychological problem manifesting in a physical way. Your endorphins, dopamine, and 100 other chemicals in your head aren't normalized yet. This takes a long time to return to normal depending on how psychologically addicted you were.

Feel free to wait years for this to happen, or go see a shrink and speed things up. Often with cognitive behavioral therapy this time can be reduced to a month or 2.

Lack of interest in sex, sensitivity, and general libido are almost universall symtoms for anyone quiting a drug. Most of your pleasure is from your brain dumping all its feel good chems. For most, once their drug of choice goes, so does sex.

Your recptors arent blocked. Taking any drug is just going to prolong this especially naltrexone. Research Ultra low dose naltrexone therapy (ULDN). Wastenof time IMO, but it works for some.

Go see a therapist.

Very interesting stuff - thx for sharing. I would have originally thought something along the lines of his neurochemicals being out of wack, except that he's still experiencing hair loss, which is why I was thinking there was a physical component. Could be a combination of reasons. Thx again - never heard of ULDN - have to research it now.

I apologize, i understand what you're saying and im going to contact a different doctor

yes the hair loss is on my floor, i'm a guy with long hair so it's hard not to notice it

sounds much more complex than the naltrexone you've been taking, see a dr and get a full blood panel done, esp. testosterone levels

i have arranged to see a doctor and will ask for bloods

i was wondering if i take an opiate pain pill will i overdose?

i have arranged to see a doctor and will ask for bloods

i was wondering if i take an opiate pain pill will i overdose?

Please update this thread if you find something out. I would be interested in knowing if naltrexone is playing a part in it. I keep a few bottles on stand by for emergency so I don't drink again. I've never had any issues with it, or long term effects, but that doesn't mean it won't happen should I have to take it in the future. Wish you the best!

update - got my blood tests results, my liver is unwell. my doctor said its possibly the reason why naltrexone hasnt metabolised out yet, a compromised liver would have a hard time

more tests to investigate what is actually wrong with my liver