• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Naltrexone for withdrawal?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So a friend gave me a 50mg pill of naltrexone, I don't know a lot about this stuff, was wondering if I took the pill when I'm sick would it act like Suboxone or what?

No . It’s just straight naloxne . When you look at your suboxone you see it says 8mg bupe and 2mg naloxne . So what you have is a 50mg pill of naloxne which will send you straight into precipitated withdrawals if you have any bupe or opiate in your system .

No . It’s just straight naloxne . When you look at your suboxone you see it says 8mg bupe and 2mg naloxne . So what you have is a 50mg pill of naloxne which will send you straight into precipitated withdrawals if you have any bupe or opiate in your system .
Its naltrexone, not naloxone..

So a friend gave me a 50mg pill of naltrexone, I don't know a lot about this stuff, was wondering if I took the pill when I'm sick would it act like Suboxone or what?

No it would most likely make you more sick. I know with the Vivitrol shot, which is naltrexone, you have to be free of opiates for ten days. I've had friends who got the shot before being completely opiate free and basically went into a precipitated withdrawal.