• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Naltrexone and recreational use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candyflippin17

Greenlighter
So I'm probably playing with fire, but figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with this. My fiance is an addict, he can't use opiates at all without it spiraling out of control quickly. We have been through withdrawals, and he is currently receiving the vivitrol injections, which has been a lifesaver for our relationship. We used to use oxys and occasionally heroin together recreationally, and we both miss it. Has anyone used the naltrexone pills to stay clean, but been able to skip one occasionally to get high? We were weekend users when we first met, and he maintained that for about 6 months before I found him overdosed on my couch on a Tuesday afternoon. I'd love for us to be able to enjoy a buzz together, but if he goes back into full blown addiction it's a deal breaker for us. Thanks!

It seems like you know all too well what would happen if he were to use, but are looking for people to cosign along with you.

Not that I advocate you or him using, but it also seems like a co-dependecy thing is going on here, since I guess you want to get high, but won't without him? It's all confusing and leads to pointless speculation on our parts.

I'm sorry but we're not here to tell you it's ok to get high with your spouse, or to tell you how to.

I have to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.