• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Naloxone

SchapMd

Greenlighter
I've been on subs for awhile now and I was wondering if naloxone is absorbed the same way bupe is. Which is through the vascular system. Or is it processed In the gut?

Naloxone is metabolized primarily hepatically (by the liver) but it's pharmacokinetics are not fully understood yet either.

Naloxone has limited oral/ GI/ trans-buccal (cheek) bio-availability, which is puzzling as it is absorbed intra-nasally.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to diminish the effects of the naloxone in a 8 mg strip of suboxone. The doc won't switch me to straight bupe which is unfortunate.
Thanks.

I'll never forget being Narcaned! (Narcan - Naloxone) when I took 800mg Oxycontin.

One of the worse experiences of my life! Itfelt like arctic cold air was being pumped through my vains. Then I felt the intense back pain to which I was told was Kidney failure. Scary experience.

That's what happened to me when I took a sub after being on methadone for years. I was told 24 hrs and I'd be OK . nope . blew my mind. That's why I'm looking to find a way to kill the naloxone in these things. I'm worried I'll never get high again.-saturated