• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology NAD+ infusions

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
I recently came across this being offered at a clinic. I’m unsure of what the pharmacological reasons are for this. I am seeing that it can slow aging. What is the pharmacological reasons for this?

I'm like very leery about these. NAD+ is a pretty high energy compound and I would doubt it would be stable enough to be incorporated into mitochondria of cells even after IV administration.

I guess I don't know of any research going on by labs not selling products, so I kind of inherently think it's a scam.

I'm like very leery about these. NAD+ is a pretty high energy compound and I would doubt it would be stable enough to be incorporated into mitochondria of cells even after IV administration.

I guess I don't know of any research going on by labs not selling products, so I kind of inherently think it's a scam.
Not sure how these clinics offer it, but it's often in the form of NAD precursors (like NMN or NR). Even with those there's evidence that the absorption is poor, and not much better than just taking nicotinamide.

You could also just eat a healthy balanced diet.

Your cells need NAD+/NADH to live, you're not going to be deficient, ever. And taking more will not help a bit.