• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

NAC: A simple way to restore the magic?

Yeah lots of STEAK TURKEY BREAST and loads of protein drinks and synapses will eventually return to normal. Keep depleting them like disheveled crack head zombies you see all across America in the streets thinking they will keep getting a buzz from more and more hits and Natta . Gonna play then you got to pay; sorry need to learn how it all works! :unsure::rofl::hammer::hammer::hammer:

I have taken an eight-week course of NAC prior to rolling. I stop one week before. (See my preload / postload post)

It has had a noticeable effect, although not the be all and end all. Of course, I never lost the magic, so I can’t say it brought it back. If I had lost the magic, I would try NAC, as you’ve nothing to lose, and the higher glutathione levels should offer greater protection.
NAC? Sorry what is that

The mice were megadosed with the equivalent of 1.4g/kg of bodyweight. I'm pretty sure you're safe.

I've tried NAC, not to restore MDMA but dissociative magic (as it is said to restore glutamatergic imbalances as well) and it did exactly nothing. I was up to 1.8g/d. Read that it's bioavailability was awfully low. In the drug therapy ward where I was they gave 600mg NAC to people with cravings for cocaine, it didn't seem to do much.

Interested in this though still whether it works for other types of drugs.

NAC and DHEA?

What are these things
Supplements. NAC is commonly used as an expectorant (if I got this word right now) while DHEA is used in bodybuilding I guess. Both are sold online or partially in pharmacies.

Yeah lots of STEAK TURKEY BREAST and loads of protein drinks and synapses will eventually return to normal. Keep depleting them like disheveled crack head zombies you see all across America in the streets thinking they will keep getting a buzz from more and more hits and Natta . Gonna play then you got to pay; sorry need to learn how it all works! :unsure::rofl::hammer::hammer::hammer:

This is overly reductive. There are magic fixes, there are cures and supplements that will greatly enhance regeneration of various depleted and deformed aspects of the CNS. But like the old Disney movie Pinocchio, the fairy can only rescue him a few times..

Plumbus nine is such a fairy (no alternate jibes about sexuality intended). He knows some of the magic :)

How people choose to use it is another thing.

This is overly reductive. There are magic fixes, there are cures and supplements that will greatly enhance regeneration of various depleted and deformed aspects of the CNS. But like the old Disney movie Pinocchio, the fairy can only rescue him a few times..

Plumbus nine is such a fairy (no alternate jibes about sexuality intended). He knows some of the magic :)

How people choose to use it is another thing.
That's all GOOD PHYLOSOPHY and perhaps you mean well but I am as human being as you and your dad mom kids whatever and this works plain and simple cause done it thousand times so guess name for that is SOLID STATE kind of like electronics packages in F-16 Fighters made in Japan and still running well after 50 years HMMM Basic science is no magic Pinnocchio just basic reality ) Plain and Simple)

I assume just so simply not doing it for months at a time restores the magic too??

I assume just so simply not doing it for months at a time restores the magic too??
Maybe, but more likely not. There are myriad reports from people who lost the magic and didn’t roll for years, only to discover the magic had not returned.

I hate that idea, so I’m reverent methodical about my use and I do take NAC leading up to a roll.

NAC is not carcinogenic, however it may indirectly cause apoptosis of cells.

Glutathione stimulates the immune system and that is where NAC shines.

Most people think of it as an effective treatment for liver issues, COPD and asthma.

The reality is these are just indirect benefits of NAC increasing GSH.

NAC is not only safe, its extremely effective for almost any immune system related disease/ailment.

With daily use you'll rarely get sick and if you do, its mild and you recover quicker.

It also causes apoptosis of cancer cells.

But I will say using undenatured whey protein isolate is the best approach to increasing glutathione

anyone have any science behind Nac "restoring the magic"?
One possible mechanism would be downregulation of mGlu2 receptors. These receptors generally are located on glutamatergic neurons and act as a form of negative feedback in response to synaptic glutamate release. Astrocytes help regulate synaptic glutamate release via their expression of cystine-glutamate transporters, which import a molecule of cystine in exchange for releasing a molecule of glutamate extrasynaptically. This extrasynaptic glutamate binds to mGlu2 receptors and inhibits synaptic glutamate release.

With NAC you increase the extracellular concentration of cystine which in turn increases the release of extrasynaptic glutamate (essentially due to Le Chatelier's principle). This will produce a tonic increase in mGlu2 signaling which could lead to mGlu2 downregulation/desensitization, which would in turn make these glutamatergic neurons more excitable. This is the most convincing approach I've thought of for reversing dissociative tolerance, since acute NAC inhibits the effects of dissociatives by activating mGlu2 receptors on the thalamocortical tracts which dissociatives excite (and downregulation/desensitization of these mGlu2 receptors would facilitate thalamocortical disinhibition in the absence of NAC). Whether this mechanism could account for perceived reductions in MDMA tolerance is anyone's guess, but being a quite general mechanism it's within the realm of possibility.

What does seem completely unlikely, is that NAC would reverse epigenetic changes which erase the molecular pathways responsible for the MDMA high in drug-naive individuals. For example, the high intracellular concentrations of 5-HT produced by MDMA could lead to significant serotonylation (i.e. the incorporation of 5-HT into various proteins via covalent bonds). This is an understudied area but it's known that serotonylation can constitutively activate small G proteins or alter transcription (via its incorporation into histone proteins).

Another higher-level way of looking at drug tolerance is that the experience is no longer novel. It's really no different than a song becoming boring after listening to it a bunch, even though it used to blow your mind. Once you have enough autobiographical memories in regard to what a certain experience is like, it becomes predictable. One important mediator of autobiographical memory is the DMN, which is acutely disintegrated by psychedelic drugs. So perhaps a psychedelic would be a good pre-roll supplement to temporarily reduce your access to the information regarding your MDMA experiences and make the experience less predictable. And not even a full trip necessarily, I've found that even with the smallest hits off of a DMT cartridge, I can go outside and it's like looking at the world with fresh eyes again. Mediation also generally weakens the DMN, especially with long-term practice, so that's something worth looking into as well.

This is all very technical and scientific.

Is there just a simple list of foods or drinks that can be consumed ,and how long before rolling?

One possible mechanism would be downregulation of mGlu2 receptors. These receptors generally are located on glutamatergic neurons and act as a form of negative feedback in response to synaptic glutamate release. Astrocytes help regulate synaptic glutamate release via their expression of cystine-glutamate transporters, which import a molecule of cystine in exchange for releasing a molecule of glutamate extrasynaptically. This extrasynaptic glutamate binds to mGlu2 receptors and inhibits synaptic glutamate release.

With NAC you increase the extracellular concentration of cystine which in turn increases the release of extrasynaptic glutamate (essentially due to Le Chatelier's principle). This will produce a tonic increase in mGlu2 signaling which could lead to mGlu2 downregulation/desensitization, which would in turn make these glutamatergic neurons more excitable. This is the most convincing approach I've thought of for reversing dissociative tolerance, since acute NAC inhibits the effects of dissociatives by activating mGlu2 receptors on the thalamocortical tracts which dissociatives excite (and downregulation/desensitization of these mGlu2 receptors would facilitate thalamocortical disinhibition in the absence of NAC). Whether this mechanism could account for perceived reductions in MDMA tolerance is anyone's guess, but being a quite general mechanism it's within the realm of possibility.

What does seem completely unlikely, is that NAC would reverse epigenetic changes which erase the molecular pathways responsible for the MDMA high in drug-naive individuals. For example, the high intracellular concentrations of 5-HT produced by MDMA could lead to significant serotonylation (i.e. the incorporation of 5-HT into various proteins via covalent bonds). This is an understudied area but it's known that serotonylation can constitutively activate small G proteins or alter transcription (via its incorporation into histone proteins).

Another higher-level way of looking at drug tolerance is that the experience is no longer novel. It's really no different than a song becoming boring after listening to it a bunch, even though it used to blow your mind. Once you have enough autobiographical memories in regard to what a certain experience is like, it becomes predictable. One important mediator of autobiographical memory is the DMN, which is acutely disintegrated by psychedelic drugs. So perhaps a psychedelic would be a good pre-roll supplement to temporarily reduce your access to the information regarding your MDMA experiences and make the experience less predictable. And not even a full trip necessarily, I've found that even with the smallest hits off of a DMT cartridge, I can go outside and it's like looking at the world with fresh eyes again. Mediation also generally weakens the DMN, especially with long-term practice, so that's something worth looking into as well.

NAC stops dissociation drugs from working ?

I've mixed a sub-4 typtamine psychedelic with 6-apb and it went extremely bad.

Mixed same sub -4 typtamine with 5 mapb and was pleasurable.

NAC stops dissociation drugs from working ?
If you take them at the same time then yes, it will partially block the effects.

I've mixed it MXiPr and it makes the high much less dissociating, and takes away some of the dirty/grimy body feeling that is often present on dissociatives. I think there was another time I took it the day before MXE and it still partially blocked the effects.

I'm taking mdma this weekend. What should I eat this week to maximize my serotonin reserves.

I last used it on 10th September but wasn't a big dose.

That's a really hard question to answer because everybody is different. However, one thing that's not in question is that vitamin C is absolutely necessary to create serotonin. Low levels of vitamin C have been shown to result in low levels of serotonin.

Tryptophan is what your body synthesizes serotonin from. You get tryptophan from protein.

You also need vitamin B6 to synthesize serotonin. Most people are horribly deficient in vitamin b6.

If you drink alcohol, the majority of your b vitamins are likely depleted.

So the big three I would say are protein, vitamin C, and vitamin B6.
Thanks

Didn't get my mdma but will in a few months. I'll eat oranges the week before.