• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Mylan Generic (lisdexamfetimine) Vs. Vyvanse

TBritton

Bluelighter
As of September 1, 2023 generic versions of Vyvanse are available. I'm curious if anyone else can tell a difference between the genetic and the real deal.

I'll share my thoughts in a reply.

I have been prescribed 70mg of Vyvanse for around 5 years. I've been able to reduce tolerance by cycling up and down, etc, and get predictable results.

I started my generic (Mylan) 70mg on 9/12/23. I was at the top of my cycle, so I'm reducing the dosage to see if that will help.

My observations:
1. While I haven't figured out the exact timing yet, the once the onset starts, it is very rapid and NOT the smooth and predictable up and down of brand name.

2. Instead of better focus, it feels more speedy. It may just be that it is releasing faster but I want productivity not speediness.

3. It's been 20+ years since my party days, but this reminds me of running across low quality meth after only having the best.

4. Crash reminds me of Adderall XR.

5. Headache everyday about 2 hours after taking it.

I'm not gaslighting you, but also no,l you can't tell the difference, it's all in your head

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not gaslighting you, but also no,l you can't tell the difference, it's all in your head

It very well could be a strange placebo effect and the headaches from allergies or something else.

I can say the powder is a different consistency and is far easier to dissolve in water than three original Vyvanse.

Last edited by a moderator:
It very well could be a strange placebo effect and the headaches from allergies or something else.

I can say the powder is a different consistency and is far easier to dissolve in water than three original Vyvanse.

That powder thing will be because it could have well contain different filler, binders and inactive ingredients.
But both Vyvanse and the generic contain exactly the same dose of lisdexamphetamine

New River Pharmaceuticals made a MINT with this patented new molecule. Easy as f@ck to synthesize, as your mom would bake a cake. Shire Pharmaceuticals was like oh shit, Adderall is going generic

Hi New River Pharma…..here’s 200 Million for the sole rights to market ur wizzbang under the trade name Vyvanse

Sold. To the highest bidder lol. Complete garbage.

I want Genuine SKF Dexedrine 5mg scored orange shields and Dexedrine Spansule 10/15mg XR holloweeen candies….and Ovation Pharma Desoxyn 5mg / 100 tablet bottles, an entire production run to supply the state of Texas for a year.

That powder thing will be because it could have well contain different filler, binders and inactive ingredients.
But both Vyvanse and the generic contain exactly the same dose of lisdexamphetamine

And I recon it could be the filler that's giving me the headaches.

And I recon it could be the filler that's giving me the headaches.

Very possible. There's some sort of filler I'm allergic to that they put in my Codeine. I'm not allergic to actual codeine but some brands give me a full-body hot maddenly itchy rash. I've even had facial swelling an dangerously low blood pressure before. Once when I took a lot of it I had what the paramedics called "Borderline-Anaphylaxis" where my blood pressure was so low I was lying on the ground and couldn't even raise my head and my eyes swelled almost shut. Scary.

Can you ask for a different brand of the generic?

New River Pharmaceuticals made a MINT with this patented new molecule. Easy as f@ck to synthesize, as your mom would bake a cake. Shire Pharmaceuticals was like oh shit, Adderall is going generic

Hi New River Pharma…..here’s 200 Million for the sole rights to market ur wizzbang under the trade name Vyvanse

I want Genuine SKF Dexedrine 5mg scored orange shields and Dexedrine Spansule 10/15mg XR holloweeen candies….and Ovation Pharma Desoxyn 5mg / 100 tablet bottles, an entire production run to supply the state of Texas for a year.
I had my doctor swap out my Adderall for Dexedrine once. But I was only given 5mg 3X/day as opposed to 30mg 3X/day and Isuffice to say, 15mg Dexedrine and 90mg Amphetamine Salts Combo were not pharmacologically equivalents, so I didn't really get to experience what it would have been like on an equivalent scale. I just switched back the following month. However, if Vyvanse is generic now, I'm thinking about switching to that for a while.

Vyvanse sucks….Ritalin is Soooo much better, therapeutically & recreational especially.

Adderall 30mg XR capsules are like GOLD

Dexedrine 5mg IR or Spansule XR 10/15mg orange beads are like GOLD

…stick to ur present Adderall 30mg XR capsules and even better adding a few IR Dexedrine 5mg tablets if required to enhance the XR mixed AMPH salts with pure d-Amph

Pure dopaminergic euphoric amphetamine properties combined with a potent & euphoric Mu-Opioid Agonist (Oxy-IR 5/10/20mg or Oxycodone XR generic old formula than can be pulverize into IR powder) Oxycodone, Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) or Methadone 80-100mg for tolerance long term stable patient.

Oxycodone
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
Diamorphine (Heroin)
Methadone

…..only true potent highly regarded & highly desirable Mu-Opioid agonist drugs.

Dexedrine/Adderall/Desoxyn/Ritalin/Phenmetrazine
Oxycodone/Dilaudid/Diamorphine/Methadone
Valium/Xanax/Klonopin/Ativan
Lyrica (Pregabalin)
Ethanol (Jin or Rum)
Cannabis (optional)

Aaahhh, desoxyn I'd love to know how to get my doctor to write a script for that!

It gives me terrible migraines so my doctor only writes for the brand name, can't tell you if it's just in my head or not but the brand name, does not give me headaches. However I've been on it so long that it really doesn't work and we are discussing new meds,and Adderall makes me angry as hell, so that's off my list.
As of September 1, 2023 generic versions of Vyvanse are available. I'm curious if anyone else can tell a difference between the genetic and the real deal.

I'll share my thoughts in a reply.

The generic version of Vyvanse gives me serious migraines, brand name does not, however I've been on it so long doesn't really work anymore.