• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Myer Briggs Personality Test

I did it :) First ISTP guy in this thread ?

Personality: ISTP ("The Virtuoso")

Variant: Assertive

Role: Explorer

Extraverted 12%
Intuitive 6%
Thinking 23%
Judging 17%
Assertive 31%

"Few personality types are as bold and practical as ISTPs. Known for their technical mastery and willingness to improvise, ISTPs are good at finding unique solutions to seemingly impossible challenges. ISTPs' desire to explore and learn new things is invaluable in many areas, including their own personal growth." "I wanted to live the life, a different life. I didn't want to go to the same place every day and see the same people and do the same job. I wanted interesting challenges."

Spot on, mate! Its pretty accurate, yes it is a bit like horoscope/cold reading where you basically just said what you are and then they come back telling you the things that you answered in just a different way.... Or that it says sometimes you are that but other times you are that ...... lol . But it goes a bit deeper and it does match it quite good. Again, I think it's pretty accurate.

haven't done the test for a while so i did it again. in concentrated on not dwelling on the questions, answering them quickly without too much thought. as usual, my result is estj:

extraverted: 70%
observant: 18%
thinking: 9%
judging: 36%
assertive: 27%

my thinking (vs. feeling) and judging (vs. perceiving) scores have come down a little but i've almost always reliably tested as estj.

alasdair

ENFP-The Campaigner

Extroverted 57%

Intuitive 45%

Feeling 64%

Prospecting 63%

Assertive 46%

Like you, jammin, I was wondering how differently I would have scored at different ages. Much of how I answered now would not have been true at all earlier in life. What does this say about something presumed to be so intrinsic as "personality"? While most of the traits I would say I have carried through from childhood, the confidence and extroversion are definitely new to my life with age.

I used to be E but now I'm I. It's my understanding that the E/I and J/P can change throughout life but the two inner letters almost never change.

INTP, as always. Still, I have very little positive to say about tests like these. The human psyche is not reducible to 4 binaries.

well its actually 8 different cognitive functions which everyone uses and have preferences for some over others.

Fe, Fi, Si, Se, Ni, Ne, Ti, Te.

INTP = Ti-Ne-Si-Fe (introverted thinking - extroverted intuition - introverted sensing - extroverted feeling)

the dominant function is introverted thinking.

Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision. Analyzing your options using principles.

i personally find mbti a bit lacking of depth and substance in comparison to the enneagram, but it is an interesting map of cognitive processes of different personality types. i don't think its fair for people to judge it because a lot of people treat personality types as pop psychology and they are offended by the idea that they can be 'classified' or fit into a box. its obvious that we are all unique in our own way, but i think its fair to say that there are recognisable patterns which people fall into, with a lot of variation within each category.

i like this article which gives more depth on understanding the cognitive functions
How Winnie the Pooh helped me understand cognitive functions

ESFP-T Entertainer

8% Introverted
10% Observant
20% Feeling
43% Prospecting
21% Turbulent

I'm no TARS robot.

INTP, as always. Still, I have very little positive to say about tests like these. The human psyche is not reducible to 4 binaries.

Not that I'm disagreeing of the fallibility or relevance of the test, but I'm pretty sure all 4 identifiers are spectrums. As im you can be right on the border of introverted and extroverted not being solidly either.

I don't think too much of these tests!

Just got two quite differing results from 2 different websites.

Much more into astrology tbh!!

i honestly think that there are much more variables, and i'd say that some of them couldn't even be measured in such tests.

it seems to me that these tests are popular because they - talking from what i have seen, i'm sure there is more to it - satisfy the same emotional need that astrology does/did, but for people that aren't convinced by astrology. i know a few people that are "non-superstitious" and once they found out about these tests, it really looked like it was some sort of zodiac to them. like this guy who had a girl he dated take the test to see if they would fit together, and not in a playful way, he was very serious about it. i think nowadays people are less prone to believe magical stuff, but this 'need' is still there, so they turn to these types of things, which seem more 'rational' or whatever. kinda something parallel to religion, i don't know

i'm an ENFP-T btw...