Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

My thoughts on "praying away the gay"

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychedelicsoul

Bluelighter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0r7C63_J0
Now, what I just saw was a beautiful (and probably fake) display of a miracle. This is what church should be like. This here is living proof that some christians treat homosexuals better than the average athiest would. Like the preacher man said, "we don't preach condemnation, we preach reconciliation".
But assuming the confession isn't fake, one thing is clear.... he does not like mens no more. He likes womens now.

A lot of the stuff I said about torture probably wouldn't work on a gay person. My torture, meditation, happiness deprivation stuff works on bisexuals. I know that for a fact. I know that bisexuality can be cured the way I did. However, homosexuality and transgenderism are concepts alien to me... I don't have gender dysphoria and nor do I dislike pussy.
So it's unfair for me to tell gays to do what I did... and if I offended anyone by claiming that, I'm sorry...

Now, maybe you can beat and torture yourself from gay to straight? I don't know. I'm not saying you can't. However, it's not possible for me to know. I'd encourage a gay person to do it, but let them know it's only an experiment and can't be guaranteed to work.

However, many people claim to be healed by a higher power. I've always rejected such a notion that god cares enough to change us for us. I've seen god as apathetic. But let's face it... I can't judge the character of god. I've always believed miracles come from our souls, but maybe god is doing stuff too. I don't know. I believe that through religion, man gives god the power to change ourselves and empower ourselves. Christianity is no exception... But I'm' not denying the possibility of direct acts of god.
So I respect the churches, the conversion therapists, and exorcists... What happened in NJ when they passed that law about conversion therapy was a direct assault on the first amendment. I think it was a fascist decision and I condemn the judges who ruled in favor of it. I don't tolerate the intolerance and hate that's being launched against religion.

But those are my two cents. I think praying the gay away and conversion therapy show the more beautiful side of christianity. I not only support their freedom, but I personally respect these people and hope they reach more souls... Even if I didn't think it was good I'd say support conversion therapy legally... but I personally feel that it's okay because I think it's an example of modern miracles and the wonder and power of religion.
Religion is beautiful... it can be ugly though.
However, what christian ministers are doing to sexually confused children is beautiful and empowers the human soul
Now... I can't say the same about catholic priests.

How many threads are you going to make about homosexuality?
Why don't you just make one general "homosexuality in modern society" thread and discuss shit there?
You've got 16 threads in the front page of P&S, and most of them overlap; you're spamming this sub-forum: please stop.

How many threads are you going to make about homosexuality?
Why don't you just make one general "homosexuality in modern society" thread and discuss shit there?
You've got 16 threads in the front page of P&S, and most of them overlap; you're spamming this sub-forum: please stop.

I get bored so I talk about shit.
Anyways, the reason it's such a big deal for me is because I struggle with it and personally understand how horrible these issues are.

psychedelicsoul,

Make as many threads bout homosexuality as you see fit. such threads are under represented here. Your voice deserves heard.n

psychedelicsoul,

Make as many threads bout homosexuality as you see fit. such threads are under represented here. Your voice deserves heard.n

I only talk about gays when discussing a greater issue. It's really more about whether or not god can change and improve who you are.

If it were me, I would spend more time focusing on myself.

Why would you ever think a gay person would want to be straight? Why would you ever presume that one is more superior than the other (i.e., heterosexuality vs homosexuality)? And, just because you don't understand something doesn't make it irrelevant. I identify as a cis and do not understand what it might be like to be trans. Having said that, just because I don't understand it or it doesn't apply to me, doesn't make their existence any less legitimate or worthwhile, and certainly not worth fighting the tide against.

Reparative therapy is ethically, morally, and professionally irresponsible. It is not only no longer endorsed by the APA, but deemed unacceptable and unethical. A practitioner could lose their license for engaging in such harmful "treatment."

Also, there is no evidence for a God, so I don't see how that add to your position.

Your post seems intentionally inflammatory. Perhaps I am incorrect. Having said that, I will reiterate...perhaps it might behoove one to focus on themselves, especially so if said individual is suffering and/or holds cognitive dissonance.

Use the blogs man. This is getting tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.