• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My thoughts on Buprenorphine , 6 years into treatment.

B22340

Greenlighter
My appologies in advance if this subject has been covered to death but having read hundreds of posts on the subject I feel I can provide some genuine, reliable insight.

I had a heroin / methadone problem when i began buprenorphine treatment. I had taken it many times in the past both prescribed and black market (in France GP's can/do prescribe it very freely) but I decided to make a go of it 6 years ago.
My initial dose was 8mg so the first few days were pretty rough since my methadone habit was 50ml daily.
I took 8mg sublingually for a few weeks under supervision then reduced to 6mg while taking home 7 days supply.
After 2 or 3 months on 6mg I noticed i would get a nice high + nod if i was relaxing when i took it. I used to take it in the morning and then suplement it at night with an extra 2mg.
Obviously this meant over-using so the end of the week was tough unless i could blag it with my doc and get an early top-up.
One day i found myself short and out of excuses to i decided to try snorting some.

I snorted around 1mg and to my utter surprise it was far stronger than sublingual.

I have been snorting it ever since, getting high amd nodding off daily. I now use 3.2mg daily as follows: 2 x 0.4mg pills at 9am 1.4mg at 5.30pm after work (i try to lie down and almost always nod off watchimg youtube) then 1mg at 11pm before bed.

Since i started bupe treatment i havent used any drugs, have a stable job and relationship.
I realise i am still utterly addicted but im able to function well and enjoy using bupe. I also beleive i benefit from other secondary effects. It helps with anxiety, sleep, mood.. Quick warning for bupe to aid sleep: If i take too much at 11pm it has a very odd effect similar to what ive had with H: I nod but cant actually sleep.

Like many of us when i asked for help i didnt truly want to stop using opiates i just wanted out of the game.

For those of you who havent had much luck with bupe i get it, but please dont say it has no recreational value. I must also add that i have zero experience with suboxone which i beleive complicates things regarding recreational use.

Ive yet to try plugging it as im worried i will waste it. If there are users here who are able to compare snorting and plugging im interested to hear your thoughts.

Peace. B

Thats what i thought. Today i got my script refill. Asked the doc to change my pickup to saturdays which he did. He also failed to adjust the doseage so i have 3 extra days worth :)

plugging bupe also works wonders, whenever i used to be, for one reason or the other, running low on my takehomes i'd put my dose in an oral syringe and plug it. its wayyyy stronger than snorting IMO. i one put three days worth in and booof'd that and damn dog i was so high ( I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS V. DANGEROUS)

Im tempted to try now.
Do you have much experience of snorting it and did you enjoy it?

How long do I need to be off H to start Subutext. I take a 8 mg tab but get chills

I need innsight. Every time I take subtext I get the chills do I need to wait long

I had a heroin / methadone problem when i began buprenorphine treatment. I had taken it many times in the past both prescribed and black market (in France GP's can/do prescribe it very freely) but I decided to make a go of it 6 years ago.
My initial dose was 8mg so the first few days were pretty rough since my methadone habit was 50ml daily.
I took 8mg sublingually vision then reduced to 6mg while taking home 7 days supply.
After 2 or 3 months on 6mg I noticed i would get a nice high + nod if i was relaxing when i took it. I used to take it in the morning and then suplement it at night with an extra 2mg.
Obviously this meant over-using so the end of the week was tough unless i could blag it with my doc and get an early top-up.
One day i found myself short and out of excuses to ip

Since i started