• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My taper has concluded.

nznity

Bluelighter
Ok so long story short I've had a massive non stop 100 mg Morphine ampoules addiction( as some of u may know already) for the past 2 years. I've been trying to quit so many times but my first serious attempt was on 30 november of last year. I went to Cusco for a 15 days, stayed at a friends house and got to know the city a bit but ultimately ended relapsing when i got back to Lima. Fast forward a month and a half, i was back on 100 mg again and got a job in Ica(another city from my country) so i moved there to assist a friend with managing his hotel. Long story short they ended up kicking me out because they discovered i was ordering ampoules from my dealer in Lima. Fast forward to March 21, lockdown starts in Peru so i couldn't go out for shit, didn't have a job anymore and run out of money so i bought 20 clonazepams, 20 gabapentins 300mg and 2 blisters of Loperamide. It was a real hard kick but i managed to stay 3 weeks clean until i received a stimulus check from the Gov...... Yeah, what u guys imagined i relapsed again. Did 100mg after 3 weeks and just after doing the shot i knew i had done too much. i felt the taste of morphine on the back of my throat, coupled with pregabalin 150mg and 4mg clonazepam i blacked out at my friends house for an entire day. Next day i do half that dose, 50mg. Then i stop for 2-3 days and do 40mgThen i stopped for a 5 days and did as follows: 20mg shot last friday, saturday nothing,Sunday nothing. MONDAY 50MG 2 days nothing thursday 30mg and today i did 10mg. I'm done tapering and my tolerance is kinda low atm, i think i can hold with gabapentin now. I justn eeda make it past day 5 and im done with this shit for good. I'ma try to stay clean for a good while this itme though. My country is going downhill, morphine has doubled its price, its scarce, i got no money, no job atm. So it's a good time to get sorted. Please guys if u have any advice for me I'd really appreciate it. Ty in advance, Ur peruvian friendly neighbor, Nick(NZN) Thanks for reading.

Best of luck to you. It's never too early to get off of opioids.

Just keep in mind, at least when I knew people using dihydroheroin (= prodrug for dihydromorphine, very similar to morphine), generally the worst of the withdrawal effects came at 24 hours after the last dose. Morphine does have some persistence in the body, it takes about 2 days to totally clear out assuming a 6-8 hour half life.

Keep in mind that the worst is over after about 3 days. By day 7 you'll be back to your usual self. Just make a point of not going back to opioid use. Every time you relapse you're back to square 1 in suffering.

Best of luck to you. It's never too early to get off of opioids.

Just keep in mind, at least when I knew people using dihydroheroin (= prodrug for dihydromorphine, very similar to morphine), generally the worst of the withdrawal effects came at 24 hours after the last dose. Morphine does have some persistence in the body, it takes about 2 days to totally clear out assuming a 6-8 hour half life.

Keep in mind that the worst is over after about 3 days. By day 7 you'll be back to your usual self. Just make a point of not going back to opioid use. Every time you relapse you're back to square 1 in suffering.
Yeah that AND the kindling effect sucks too. I've experienced withdrawal hundreds of times, whenever i relapse now i get dependent so fast it's scary. Even last Time i was in rehab for 2 months, after 5 days using evryday i had the monkey on my back once again. I'm seriously tired of doing this. Hope i can manage to stay strong for 5 days, the rest Is Easy. Ty sekio