• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My Sub Withdrawal not sure where this goes

mcffy

Greenlighter
So, yeah... on day 10. Went from 16mgs of Suboxone, then taperd over two months. First down to 12 stayed there for a week, then i would skip few days and feel shitty but not at THAT full on point then drop to 8mgs rinse repeat until i was down to 1mg but only for a few days before i said fuck it and just stopped. And here I am. Wanted to say some things that helped me through some of this, although I have a LONG way yet. But have noticed and I THINK I'm doing better today or its lack of sleep plus L-tyrosine. Started the l-tyrosine yesterday after 8 days of a pretty bad time. Pretty much the usual symptoms. I have done this before and done it stupidly in the past. This time i stayed hydrated, ate as much as possible which was still very little. Have RLS like fucking crazy at night and during the days as well. But the tyrosine seems to actually help a little. My biggest issue at this point is sleep! I have slept maybe a few hours in the last week. i have been taking potassium, magnesium, and the tyrosine on top of a multivitamin. And so far honestly this isnt too bad. Just the anxiety, lack of sleep, and rls. The crap flu feelings i think i just keep saying to myself sober people get sick all the time its fine. I tell myself i have the flu and say oh tomorrow it will be better. I refuse to use again. The sub or anything else. Does anyone know what can be used for sleep? No acsess to benzos, and taking benedryl just makes it worse. Sorry so long...I am tired and stuff isnt firing properly in my head :)

It sounds rediculous but when the benedryl is making my RLS worse I use binaural beats. Now it's not gonna like put you under on some magical binaural beat trip. BUT it might help calm your brain down and relax your body and you might catch a few hrs of shut eye. It doesn't work every time but when it does it is waaayy better sleep than benadryl. Aside from these two options there's really nothing else in my bag of tools I use. Sleep is the worste part.

OH! If you're all ready a cannabis smoker I've found some heavy indica right after any amount will knock me out. This is more for the month after the acute phase. Well at any point after you can eat really. But go easy cuz sometimes if I smoke too much/too fast the shit just gets my heart going like crazy and I'm a daily smoker.

1mg can be a little high to drop off CT, especially when you've been on Bupe for such a long time. I would sit at 1mg for a bit longer until your FULLY comfortable at such dose. Id then go to .5 fora few days or however long it takes for you to feel normal, then every other day, to every two days, so on and so fourth. Sub w/d is a very long process. Other then some herbal supplements, not much else will help, it will be very psychological. even immodium or kratom, will help for sure, but just be careful to not trade one use to another. Kratom IMO is the best thing, but you just have to know not to use too much and also taper that down.

Good Luck!

Replied but deleted accidentally...going to try the beats tonight. Husband has lidocaine patches so I'm patched up and hoping it works. And yep, I should have tapered lower but i was just done. I knew stopping at 1mg I was going to have a rough time. But I am feeling things again for the first time in a long time and (good and bad) but it's so worth it not to be numb! Thanks for the replies!!

Just for future reference Chlortab (another antihistamine) has worked well for me in lieu of the Benadryl. Didn't seem to contribute to the RLS and can help with sleep although if you are in the heavy stages of withdrawal even that probably won't cut it for sleep. With me once the insomnia sets in only good size doses of benzos or sometimes Seroquel will help me get at least a few hours of sleep so long as the Seroquel doesn't make you too restless as it does for some people. YMMV of course. If you have access try a small dose like 25-50mg and see what happens. Be aware though this may make restless legs or akythasia (spelling?) worse so only try as a last resort IMO.

Update of sorts.. went to three different inpatient and outpatient places and finally went to Er over the lack of sleep and of course my desperation caused me to over medicate on remeron and lopermide? Imodium and unison and lidocaine. Not my clearest thinking lately. Finally was admitted to the medical dept of hospital.bleh

Day 16/17? Still clean! I am so happy I finally did it (well almost but I'm close) still feeling rough but I think it's more just lack if sleep that's bothering me. Sleep and rls, other than that things are ok. One more day one more hour and thats really all i can think. I never honestly thought symtoms would last this long..but hey i am still getting by.