• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

My significant other wants to try shrooms, but we have a few concerns.

splinter_within

Greenlighter
I don't feel like this is a what should we take topic, if it violates the rules please let me know. I created this account just to post this.

She used to be against psychedelics prior to meeting me and I convinced her to try acid and she fell in love. She now wants to try shrooms. I personally have some concerns with that, as imo acid is way safer as far as the mind is concerned.

What I'm really looking for is anyone who can relate, or offer resources to other sites. She has MDD(major depressive disorder) and struggles with suicide and depression. She's never made an attempt per say, but she silently struggles. That is to say, nobody would ever know, she doesn't cut, she doesn't ask for attention. But when she has a bad day, it's a real bad day. She can get stuck in loops and think people see the worst in her or that she's worthless.

I don't know enough about shrooms talk her into/out of it. I think she could handle her past or anything that might come up, and I know her very well. If I'm the one that watches her while she trips, I believe I could help change the environment or the mood. Or help her change her mind. What I'm mostly worried about is any sort of permanent psyche break.

I did review a basic faq posted in an admins signature on another topic, it didn't help as much as I had hoped. At the very least, I know if she does it, I'll probably have her do 2 grams for starters.

keep the dose low, low doses of mushrooms are no harder on the mind than acid in my opinion. a bit more emotional maybe, a bit more of a rollercoaster ride but thats part of the fun. just explain to her that mushrooms are a roller coaster ride and ask her if shes up for that.

if she handled a proper LSD trip fine, I wouldn't necessarily advise against mushrooms, especially in low-ish doses. maybe go even lower and start with 1-1.5g (if we'retalking about standard psilocybe cubensis).

if you know the potency of your mushrooms, the chance to avoid an experience too strong is high (allthough not 100% of course). of course set and setting are the most important things to consider.

how often has she taken LSD? if she had a good experience with it, maybe it would be sensible to suggest to explore that compound a bit more before trying mushrooms?

greets :)

IMO most people seem to handle shrooms better since they have a shorter duration. Me? I handle acid better, because like her, I'm depressed and suicidal often, and I find shrooms focus far too much on critical introspection for the first few hours of the trip. Now, after I peak? It's all good. The comedown on shrooms is glorious and unlike any other drug in that aspect, hard to feel down when coming off of shrooms...

In the end though, I would wade in slowly with her. Don't go eating an 1/8th for her first shroom trip, it can be quite harsh; however, I think if she can handle L, she can probably handle mushies.