• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos My self experiment gone wrong...

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
So, after a previous thread I posted about the AWFUL WD's form a 3 - 4 week benzo habit (Etizest/ Etizolam) of between 4 and 8 mgs per day.

(Previous WD experiences; Tramadol, Morphine, Dihydro)

During this time I had also been taking Kratom (Borneo Red) for about the same time at 10 - 15gs per day.

I ceased both CT thinking that there would be little to no WD other than rebound anxiety. I was wrong, so so wrong.

Anxiety, panic attacks, psycosis (possible as was mild), blurred/ double vision, depression, extreme lethargy, head tightness, unable to focus on anything, loss of appetite, etc ,etc.

All of these and more from 4 weeks? Surely not. So I decided to self experiment further.

I had roughly 20gs Kratom (Borneo Red), and 10mg Etizest-1 left.

On the third day of WD's I took 7g of Kratom in selfmade capsules with Valerian Root extract. No profound change in state of mind or body. Repeated this on the Fourth day, still no change.

On the Fifth day I decided I'd try 2mg Etizest-1. Within ~ 20/ 30 minutes almost all my symptoms were gone. I felt 100% better in myself and my body seemed to follow suit.

Now I will use the last 8mg of Etizest-1 I have left over a slow taper as I don't think I could ever handle those WD symptoms again.

Just a warning from myself that even over a small amount of time you could be entering a world of hell.

Thanks for reading and any input appreciated.

Yeah man a month of everyday semi high dose use will do that. I really try to not go hard with benzos more than two weeks at a time. Do you have access to valium or another benzo with a long half life?

Yeah man a month of everyday semi high dose use will do that. I really try to not go hard with benzos more than two weeks at a time. Do you have access to valium or another benzo with a long half life?

Unfortunately not, only the shorter acting ones, which makes things worse. Stupidity and ignorance got the better of me this time after countless CTs from Dihydo/ Codeine Phos. never left me with any WD's at all.

Tramadol definitely kicked my ass after stopping a 3 year 400mg+ per day usage of it. Although not even close to the pain the BZD WDs caused.

Thanks dude.

I will stick to using only when I need to or weekends and only in low to moderate doses (max 4mg per day).

I will stick to using only when I need to or weekends and only in low to moderate doses (max 4mg per day).

That sounds like a bad plan. My advice is too seek professional help now before this spirals further out of control. A month long valium taper now could literally save you years of pain later. If you have a primary care doctor see him. If you don't look up a psychiatrist. I see your from the UK so you can disregard my advice on how/where to seek professional help but please do seek it.

Last edited:
That sounds like a bad plan. My advice is too seek professional help now before this spirals further out of control. A month long valium taper now could literally save you years of pain later. If you have a primary care doctor see him. If you don't look up a psychiatrist. I see your from the UK so you can disregard my advice on how/where to seek professional help but please do seek it.

Im not sure where I would need professional help? It's only 8 single 1mg tablets, The WDs were going after the 3 day mark and that was after a 4 week binge on them. I don'tt expect to suffer the same from a 1 - 2mg dose per day until the last packet runs out.

Also after these are gone, that is it as I have no more access to any Benzos at all. As all contacts are deleted and I'm totally done with any BZDs now. It's honestly not worth it for somebody who doesn't suffer anxiety.

You will soon enough figure out whether or not you need help. Its not so much the physical withdrawal that's the problem, it's the psychological problems that you MAY encounter when you cease using

I honestly have absolutely no want for any Benzos in the future. Their recreational value is low (for me) and not worth the pain.

That's good to hear! I truly hope you never crave it, this is just what i have experienced and seen others experience as well. Best of luck to you though!

I was taking benzos for a couple of years pretty much daily, but normally no more than a prescribed dose

When I went to rehab I went off cold turkey and had zero withdrawals

That's good to hear! I truly hope you never crave it, this is just what i have experienced and seen others experience as well. Best of luck to you though!

Thanks. The only cravings I have is for Opiates. I don't imagine this will ever go away.

I was taking benzos for a couple of years pretty much daily, but normally no more than a prescribed dose

When I went to rehab I went off cold turkey and had zero withdrawals

You have absolutely no idea how lucky you are. It's a hell I hope to never have to repeat.

I think etizolam is only good for occasional use, no more than 1-2 times a month. otherwise I get surprisingly strong rebound anxiety. 3-4 weeks everyday use must have hurt. I can get away with 3-4 weeks with alprazolam but no way etizolam

I think etizolam is only good for occasional use, no more than 1-2 times a month. otherwise I get surprisingly strong rebound anxiety. 3-4 weeks everyday use must have hurt. I can get away with 3-4 weeks with alprazolam but no way etizolam

It sure sucks for WDs, I wonder why? Is it because it's so short acting?

Yeah benzos can have a horrible withdrawal even after short use. Benzos have crucial uses (aborting trips) but regular use is never worth it.

3 year strait xanax use, when i realized i was addicted, i quit cold turkey after taking 12 milligrams, ever since then, ive never been the same. even after 4 months of being clean, i gave up and starated using again. right now in fact. one day at a time!

Etizolam has the worst withdrawals I have ever experienced, not physically though.... it's mostly mental, which sucks ASS, man.

i know what you are going thru man.. i went thru a month of etizolam abuse. and did not expect withdrawals.. i have been able to get away with similar usage on xanax with no withdrawals. the worst was the feeling of being disasosiated from my body.. i cant really explain it but it was very scary. that caused more anxiety and panick, etc. it was a rough couple days.. i had 2 1mg pills left.. i took one on the first and one on the 3rd day which helped. but it was bad.. totally unexpected too. ur lcky u have some to taper down with