• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My perfected coke comedown recipe

ktebmf1

Greenlighter
Now I realize that everyone is different...so this might not work for everyone, but through lots of shitty comedowns this is the best "recipe" I have found to make the comedown not so terrible, and I am really sensitive to them. And I've read so much on here actually for advice (thank you btw!), so after lots of trial and error here's what I've nailed down as my post-coke routine and I just wanted to share. I realize it's a long list but hey, it works for me and if you don't have it all then try some of it!

1. Benzos...I would honestly not take a stimulant without them. About 15 min after my last line, I use Klonopin mostly but Xanax works. If I'm still awake after a while I'll take one or two more throughout the comedown
2. Melatonin
3. Valerian root
4. Calm Aid capsules, these have lavender in them...you can get them off amazon.
5. A multi-vitamin
6. Fish oil supplement
7. Magnesium supplement
8. An NSAID without caffeine in it for the headache
9. Lots of fluids, mainly with electrolytes
10. Vitamin C supplement, in case the coke was cut with anything, it helps purge your system
11. Eating something, just shove something down - something fatty, not necessarily greasy though
12. Lavender oil - putting some on the temples, firing up the diffuser with some in it, putting a few drops in a tissue and inhaling
13. A relaxing environment, fluffy pillows, candles, an oil diffuser, a cup of decaffeinated tea...watching a movie or tv show that isn't too stimulating (stay away from action movies...I usually put on something kind of mindless like How I Met Your Mother)
14. Putting your phone on silent - I hate talking to people during a comedown, it gives me more anxiety and more stimulation. Just disconnect!
15. Saline nasal spray or Netipot...clear out your sinuses of any residual coke
16. L-tyrosine the next day...it'll help replenish your brain's feel-good chemicals that will be depleted from the coke.
17. A warm bath if you can sit still long enough for one...helps with relaxation and any vasoconstriction. Even better if you have a bath bomb or bubble bath that has some relaxing ingredients.

Basically - RELAX and have less and less stuff around you that is stimulating. Turn off the lights. Masturbate or have sex if you feel up to it. If you're a smoker, like I am, I find that smoking keeps me sane but sometimes smoking can start to bother me, so I just listen to my body. The next day, if you're still feeling pretty shitty, take some ZZQuil and try to sleep it off. If that doesn't work and your anxiety/paranoia is still creeping in - just remind yourself over and over that THIS WILL END. You'll be back to normal soon.

Hope this helps someone :)

Last edited:
^Haha, indeed, that's quite a list. I'm imagining a Coke fiend going through his medicine cabinet hoping he has fish oil, Valerian, Vitamin C and food, even when he/she has been spending all of their money on Cocaine for years ;).

We appreciate the input OP. Hangovers/comedowns from stimulant use are a major source of missed days of work or deficient work-output, so it's important to do whatever it takes to recover quickly. I totally agree that eating a good meal and staying hydrated are very important when using stimulants, but the reality is often that a decent sedative is important for inducing sleep and speeding along the recovery process. In my experience, the trifecta of food, hydration and sleep trump everything else out there.

^Haha, indeed, that's quite a list. I'm imagining a Coke fiend going through his medicine cabinet hoping he has fish oil, Valerian, Vitamin C and food, even when he/she has been spending all of their money on Cocaine for years ;).

You are fucking hilarious Keif'! I can just imagine someone rummaging murmuring where's that f'n fish oil! Lol

don't forget harvest virgins in the name of the Elder One, sure fire hangover cure

This is an excellent list I agree with all of it. That being said nothing can really make a real deal stimulant(especially coke) comedown acceptable. Every stimulant binge ends with me not being able to sleep/sweaty/anxious and all around freaking out about how I ended up binging again knowing fully well just how shitty I will feel when I finally fall asleep and then wake back up. Many people wise up and stop abusing stimulants but once every 3 or 4 months I end up doing a binge when my g/f goes home to spend time with her family. I ask myself often if I was single just how bad would my use be?

I don't get a comedown. I supplement with magnesium, zinc and some weed sometimes. Sleeps like a baby.

Sometimes even a tiny last bump gets me to sleep

don't forget harvest virgins in the name of the Elder One, sure fire hangover cure

Keeping, you need to get off the drugs my friend. Sacrificing virgins to eliminate withdrawal is a sure sign of a downward spiral :). Did you intend to make the pun regarding a "sure-fire" cure and the burning of virgins?

Keeping, you need to get off the drugs my friend. Sacrificing virgins to eliminate withdrawal is a sure sign of a downward spiral :). Did you intend to make the pun regarding a "sure-fire" cure and the burning of virgins?

the vortex beckons me つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
aha no i had no intention of doing so, my talents with wordplay are both a gift, and a curse

what on earth would you do with your virgins were you not to offer them to C'thullu? the mind fairly boggles...

Took 0.9 gram of coke yesterday. Fell asleep without any chemical assistance; woke up feeling great, except for some minor fatigue.

I think it has a lot to do with the quality and your physical condition (I'm extremely athletic and well conditioned)

my comedown method thats if i want to come down as i just carry on if poss if cash is there but i use pregabalin im prescribed by doctor to take 2 x 300mg but i usually double dose even triple dose i find pregabalin levels me to a sort of sober meaning for instance if been on a 3 or 5 day night coke sesh and im going my mums see my kids i just look normal scatty but normal
pregabalin is top notch so get your doctor to get you on it
ive even snorted the stuff fucking great