• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My opiate detox/withdrawal diary

Your doing great! Your almost there and will love the benefits of sober life. For me the insomnia is always the worst and longest lasting effect for me during detox.

What helped me tremendously was cannibus, exercise, and low doses of imodium. If I didn't have cannibus I would have probably kept using. It didn't help me sleep or take away the feeling of withdrawaling, but it helped ease the mental agony I was going through. There is only one good thing that came out of my opiate addiction and withdrawaling so many times, it made me headstrong and made me more disciplined on the substances I put in my body. Besides that there was nothing good about my addiction, absolutely NOTHING!

I hope you complete your goal and I am pushing for you! It took me about a month to feel 100% normal after I quit 2+ years of heavy IV heroin addiction. Stay positive and keep your mind busy. Let this pain remind you of the hell you went through. Ill never forget the pain which helped me stay clean.

Congrats on day five! I know how those opiate withdrawals feel, you'll get through this!