• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

My opiate detox/withdrawal diary

Happypantiesss

Greenlighter
Okay so I've been addicted to opiates (pretty much anything I can get my hands on) but mostly Percocet 30's and H (only snorted, never have IV'd). I however am completely and honestly done with this disgusting habit and ready to be back to my old self! I realize it will take some time to get there but I try to remind myself I didn't become this way overnight either so I expect it to take a while to feel normal. However, I am trying not to psych myself out or scare myself before going into this detox because (in my experience at least) being afraid, stressed out, or feeling like I HAD to get clean, rather than WANTING it has made the detox so much worse. This time I am ready. Ready to get my life back. I have a 4 year old son that relies on me, and me alone (no father around) and I am ready to be the best possible mother I can be as well as finishing my nursing degree. This whole addiction has got me so off track with my goals, hopes and dreams in life that I just can't wait until I am FREE!!! The past 2 days I have taken about 45 mgs of Percocet and tomorrow will be my first day without anything. I plan on posting day by day my experience and journey in order to hopefully help someone else out there needing a little bit of inspiration. I have just done my last opiate (about 5 minutes ago) FOREVER!! Wish me luck everyone!! &&Please if anyone has any advice or words of encouragement it is highly appreciated!! Thank you! & God Bless us all!!

Side note: Going into the detox I have a few 1mg Xanax, (which I hate taking but I know they will help me sleep) anti diarrheal medication, a multi vitamin, vitamin B complex gummy, magnesium supplement, potassium supplement, melatonin for sleep and of course lots of water and a shower/tub. Can anyone recommend anything else?

Thanks again!,

-Happypantiess

I wish you the best of luck. I see how determined you are to do it and that's a great sign. When things get hard just think about how much your son needs you. You will do this. It might help to get some advice from a DR if you feel comfortable with that. I am in the same boat but my son is 6 and he needs me and I can't fail him as he watches everything I do. I am also prescribed benzos and lyrica which should make it easier, do you have access to lyrica or gabbbapentin. That will help. I wish you the best and I will say a prayer for u as soon as I am done posting. Good luck you will do this.

goodluck brother
the pain will pass
post up i know talking to people helps pass the time
keep us updated

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! I truly appreciate it! It has been about 14 hours now since my last use and I'm starting to feel pretty crappy. Woke up covered in swear but freezing, my body is starting to ache and I can't seem to fall back asleep but I'm still trying. I will check in as the day progresses. Thanks again!!

Hello all, in abut 3 hours I will be at my 24 hour mark. I'm feeling pretty horrible but I have been trying to keep my spirits up by just watching movies, and funny shows. Just trying to let time pass. It's crazy how slow time moves by when you feel like this. Right now my symptoms include being EXTREMELY cold, like I can't warm up, I have horrible RLS as well as really sore knees, runny nose, watery eyes, dilated pupils, clammy hands, and a TON of anxiety and I feel very weak, which is a huge pain when I have a 4 year old to take care of. Plus just that over all "sick" feeling. Like I said, still just trying to keep my spirits high and remember how bad I want this. Hope everyone is having a better day than me! Haha.

Yes, have a few xanax, have been taking them very sparringly. I don't really like them so I'm not worried about gaining a dependency to them but it still worries me after all this crap....Anyways, not much more to report while I'm here. Still feeling about the same. And BTW, I'm a 23 year old female. Haha.

oh sorry about the brother part lol
a short run of benzos will def NOT result in dependency
i would say use them when you need to again a short run of benzos will not cause any issues other than some rebound anxiety but very quickly subsides
what youre going through shouldnt last a week, at that
some Imodium is gonna help if your stomach starts going crazy but not a huge dose of it

Hi guys! And hello to day 3. I can say, I'm definitely feeling a lot better. The night before last I took a Tylenol pm and managed to sleep almost the whole night, a full 8 hours. But last night I only took melatonin and slept about 5 hours but it's okay since I feel a little better. Still have pretty bad restless legs, some anxiety (mainly in the mornings), mornings are pretty hard but I get feeling better as the day goes on once I eat and take all my vitamins. I also had some coffee yesterday and hung out with a friend last night and smoked a bunch of weed. Haha. Getting really excited that the worst of it is all most over. I honestay think a lot of it is in your mind and attitude related. I'm excited about getting better which makes the days go by a little faster. Hope everyone is doing well. & Deos68, yeah I didn't think I'd get a dependency that quick but it still makes me nervous, I HATE anxiety. I get Xanax prescribed to me to use as needed and it's never been a problem because they do nothing for me besides take away anxiety. I only take a quarter at a time. At the most a half. Lol. And no worries, it's all good, I'm sure a lot of people think I'm a dude. Most People Here are. Haha.

explains you username lol
and yes ma'am hang in there shouldn't be more than another day or 2 ....honestly just relax as much as you can and let yourself recover
pills drugs and all the shit we do takes its toll on our bodies gotta let it chill out from time to time

and yeah im super sensitive to xanax only xanax for some odd reason i can handle normal doses of ativan klonopin etc but when it comes to xanax i can take .25mg and feel super drunk sometimes i even take .125mg of mg of xanax lol

again good to hear you're excited about being sober

Just wanted to offer encouragement. For me day3 was the worst and it gradually got better. You sound like you are on the upswing so that's great

It's so hard being sick with a little one. I give you a lot of respect for that. But in a wayit also forces you to do things and not lay around. And you'll be focused having your child there as motivation

I had my son during a 9 yr clean time. Relapsed when he was around 3. Didnt get clean again til he was 5. I went yhrough a lot of guilt about that whole time. But I'm so much happier now and he is 7 and he's my little buddy. He tells me all the time how much he loves his mommy :) So you are doing the best thing you can ever do for your child, which is giving him his mommy back. That's all kids want --not toys or whatever.

So stay strong! You're doing great. It'll take some time after until you really feel yourself again. Just keep plodding along. It gets sooooo much better.

wow, congrats on making it to day 3! it really is an accomplishment and something to be proud of. it's just going to continue to get better. but be prepared for any bouts of anxiety or depression or craving--it will come! but it will pass. i think it's always a good idea to make a list of the reasons why you want to keep going with your recovery, and all the positives that will come about if you stay on the path. it's not easy but i know it is worth it. hopefully i will be there soon. you've inspired me today, OP! thank you.

Awhhh! Everyone here is sooooo sweet. I love it! The only thing that's really driving me absolutely crazy is being cold all the time and the chills. I feel like everything else I can manage but the body temperature thing is just aggravating to me! I hate being cold!! Lol! But thank you all so much for the words of encouragement. If I can find a babysitter for my little guy I may be hitting a meeting tonight with some *sober* friends. Haha. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and thank you all so much for the encouragement!! Much loveee!!

congratulations on the 72 hours. you just did what many tell themselves theyre going to do everyday for months. years even.

cold sweats are my least favorite thing too and i swear they make the already crippling anxiety worse. if you have some time on your hands take a hot bath. what i like to do is take a bath, but fill it up with the shower. put the water as hot as you can stand and fill the tub a little bit. get in and let the water blast your upper half as you soak your bottom half. i do this as long as possible, usually till the hot water runs out. not to be weird but this is also a good time to take care of yourself if you know what i mean. gives your brain something else to focus on and the endorphin release is good for you. usually I can enjoy the scolding water for atleast 15 min or so before i decide if im going to get into all of that. have a towell and blanket close to the tub on standby for when you get out. dry off quick then wrap up in the blanket and run to a fireplace, heater or even turned on oven, as the chills return mighty quick once your out of the water. 20 30 minutes later when the hot waters back you can do it again!.

keep up the fight, your doing amazing.

Hey guys!! I'm at day 4 now. Still having some anxiety and chills and not sleeping well but in trucking through. I actually start my classes for this semester tonight so I'll have to muster up some strength for that. Lol. I hung out with a clean friend last night which was nice. Looking forward to the days to come. Thank you for the encouragement and tips. I really appreciate it!!

Hey guys!! I'm at day 4 now. Still having some anxiety and chills and not sleeping well but in trucking through. I actually start my classes for this semester tonight so I'll have to muster up some strength for that. Lol. I hung out with a clean friend last night which was nice. Looking forward to the days to come. Thank you for the encouragement and tips. I really appreciate it!!

Hey there, just wanted to tell you that you're not alone in this. I, myself am going through virtually the same thing as you are but with a 1 gm to 1 1/2gm day H habit after being clean for 5 years.
You can do it, it's all downhill from here!! Thanks for sharing your inspiring story!

chills and anxiety is common during WD you can take ibuprofen to help with the chills and the xanax for the anxiety
just a neurotransmitter imbalance but when you recover it will go away
good job on day 4 ot 5 now cant tell when you posted your past post
exactly ^ its all downhill after the first few days as it only begins to get better everyday after that

Hello everyone !! Day 5!! Woo hoo! Making headway! Haha. Still getting a low amount of sleep, even with the help of melatonin which sucks but I'm managing. This morning has been the first morning I did not have to take a piece of Xanax which is nice. The chills still suck but I do take Ibeprofen in the mornings with my vitamins. It is getting better each day ! Thank you all so much for the encouragement! I appreciate it soooo much! ???