• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids My new kratom usage

wwbiker832

Bluelighter
So I'm almost 1month sober from my oxy habit. I used lyrica and kratom 3g ground powder during detox. The kratom did absolutely nothing during my withdrawal so I only tried probably twice. However now that I'm past my withdrawal and feeling great I have been dosing 3gs of kratom every 24hrs and sometimes every 48hrs. It does help give ne energy or relax in evening. It also helps with my cravings for oxy witch get less and less every day. My question is, should I now be worried about kratom withdrawal dosing once every 24hrs or once every 48hrs. Usually I try to wait untill 48hrs. Using 3gs ground leaf from reliable vendor. Dont want to get hooked on it and go threw kratom withdrawal that's why I'm trying to space out my doses. Am i spaceing them out enough? Is once every 24hrs enough to cause withdrawal? I'm pretty good at not doing it more and dont really have the urge. I fell no withdrawal symptoms if I wait 48hrs except kind of craving it

You should be fine, at 3 grams your barely breaking a threshold. Although, I have read that kratom has a longer half life then most opiates. I would take a week break (or longer) once a month regardless though, like coffee it can become a habit without realizing. Happy thanksgiving

It's great that you've quit oxy, it's no small feat.

But I hope you realize the reason kratom quells your cravings is because it's an opioid. It comes with the same addiction risk of any other opioid. While I don't think your current pattern of use will cause withdrawal it can lead to another opioid addiction.

Comparing it to coffee isn't exactly an apt comparison. A better 1:1 comparison would be a tramadol or dihydrocodeine addiction.

For more than a year kratom daily satisfied me... I'd occasionally cheat and return to the good ole days once in a blue moon and that continued on for quite some time. I was just happy to be back on oxy. Eventually I grew tired of how kratom feels and returned back to using regularly again. Sucks, but it still takes some religious work to stay off oxy even with kratom imo.

One thing to really look out for though is that even though you're only using kratom it really does elevate your tolerance to all opiates in general. So you may need to take a higher dose of oxy if you do end up relapsing. Good luck!

I wouldn’t worry too much about. If it were me I wouldn’t use it for a few days every couple weeks. With moderation and control you’ll do fine.

Don't underestimate opiates, of any color.

This is true. However, at least with kratom you never have to worry about not waking up the next day.

And there's something about it that feels like a half-opiate. Even if you abuse the crap out of it, you can still enjoy life and maintain most of your sex drive. With oxycodone I feel like it makes activities that are normally thrilling far less interesting, and depletes libido noticably so. It's also harder to abuse than oxy, because with high dose kratom you just become dizzy and nauseous--doesn't feel good. It really ruins the high so might as well just stick to where your tolerance is at.

Some people say kratom can hurt your liver but I haven't had any issues besides the cost of the product itself being a tad pricey to maintain for daily use. I overall have a positive experience with the substance but everyone is different and I'm not going to say it's harmless--just relatively compared to the real deal opiate family. However the withdrawal is no joke. Restless legs to the max. That's a good reason to not take it regularly.

So I want to update and share my experience. Shortly after this I relapsed again. I'm 7 days sober and felling pretty good. This time I doubled up my kratom dosage to 2 large teaspoons once a day. I felt some minor relief for a few hours but definitely did not eliminate the light withdrawal I was in. To put in perspective my oxy withdrawals were light, i worked all week no issues and pretty much felt normal after 4days. Now I'm going on 8days of kratom use once every 24hrs, roughly 10-13gs a dose. At the higher dose it seems to really help has a mood stabilizer etc but is nothing crazy. However it does stop my oxy cravings this time and gives me something to look forward to after work. I also find myself not in a rush to take it like i was with my oxy. Basically I feel like I'm kind of stuck and feel like maybe taking my 10-13g of kratom once every 24hrs is much better then subs or something because it does keep me away from oxy....but I'm scared of kratom withdrawal and wonder if I just stop it NOW before it can lead to withdrawal. Or if continue it because it's cheap, easy to get and keeps me away from blues. From what I have read my dose is pretty high. I know I dont really have a clear cut question. I just dont want to take the kratom long enough to cause withdrawal because i just went through withdrawal from oxy again. But if its keeping me clean from oxy maybe my once dailey dose should be continued and possibly taper when I'm ready or is that just the addict in me making excuses to justify taking kratom

if you stick to one dose daily it should be easy to taper down. i dose 10g at a time as well, but tapering is pretty impossible because i use about 70g a day. the wd starts up at about 6hrs past last dose, and if i dont remedy it is on par with wd from 100mg oxy a day. its not a fun road to travel... don't let the addict in you justify dosing more than once a day. that was the beginning of the end of its benefits for me.