• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!

Sorry if my first post was confusing, simply put I was trying to say that I was told (incorrectly or not) that its all the roughly the same product, but the manner in which one consumes it is what changes it.
Can any one else tell me if this is correct or not.
I'm not one for a crack pipe, and snuff will always be my way of choice.. So for that reason I could not speak whether the effects differ from snorting to smoking of a product.

again sorry - for bringing up the thread again but um I'm a newbie and I'm meant to get my post count up so feel free to forgive me for bringing up old threads - I was trying to only comment on recently active threads... *shrugs* and this one was interesting to me.
I've had ice, but only consumed by snorting it. At the time I was lead to believe it was simple speed. It didn't do anything but give me a very tense jaw lol
this was about when the crack pipe hit the scene... again not something I'm into. so that was going back about 8-9 years ago in victoria.

Is it possible that the act of heating and smoking 'meth/crystal/ice' may be what brings out its strength and that simply eating or snorting would render it less potent and nearer the strength of speed?

smoking it doesn't turn it into a new and stronger substance. The reason why some people prefer smoking it is that it gives you a faster hit, as the smoke releases the meth into the lunges, where it transported through the blood and eventually to the brain. snorting does a similiar thing (through the sinuses not the lunges) but only the meth reaches the brain slower.

No need to apologise for bumping the thread. better you get your question answered. bumping as couple of old threads is fine. Its just when someone bumps like 20 of them like that peacepipechief guy, not even to ask a question, and then disappears the next day never to be heard of again. yeah, thats annoying.

your fine, maryjane.

yeah therealMaryJane what psytaco said.

basically the drug (ie meth) needs to enter the blood stream before you will feel any effects. there are many ways it can be administered, snorting, eating, smoking etc etc. all of these forms of administration will encounter 'losses' (of the amount consumed)before they enter the bloodstream with some like 'eating meth' the largest amount lost then 'snorting' and 'smoking' the least of the three. this would be the 'brings out its strength' you mentioned.

alot of people believe snorting meth has a more intense hit than smoking though so its all in the mind and pipe or straw of the beholder haha

#FouR 67

Snorting gets me WAY higher and lasts so much longer .... plus as soon as I do a line i'm not thinking about my next hit like 30 seconds after unlike smoking the stuff. Takea puff enjoy the rush and your next thought is ... MORE!

-

Snorting gets me WAY higher and lasts so much longer .... plus as soon as I do a line i'm not thinking about my next hit like 30 seconds after unlike smoking the stuff. Take a puff enjoy the rush and your next thought is ... MORE!-
(emphasis mine)

While I agree that the underlined sentence is at least partly true, I'm one of those odd ducks who gets off better AND LONGER when I smoke it. I've snorted, eaten, and injected meth, but I like smoking best by far. I honestly stay high longer... could that be just in my head?

I just got offered some "pure base" the other day LOL Me: Oh so your into speed now? Him: Naah its base man. I just laughed and walked away. What the hell is "pure base" ? LOL

^ i really don't understand what you mean. using localised slang doesn't really help get your point across.
louie the fly?? :?

louie the fly = louie = lou reed = speed

ie Aussie rhyming slang for old khuntz like me :)

got any brazens?

brilliant thread. cleared up alot of confusion, so many thanks. Does anyone know what they put (cut) in the lower quality 'speed' that makes it smokeable? the 'speed' that looks like rocks and is usually a milky or yellow colour with a pretty mild-ish buzz when smoked? its pretty much all i ever see now being sold in NSW and QLD. Not crystal meth or 'Ice". peace

Last edited:
Could be anything, even baking powder LOL the color isnt always from the cutting agent. It can be from the left over impurities. Do u think these backyard chemists care about cleaning their products? Itd be the last thing id take thats for sure. Crystals or nothing for me.

Beerplease I don't think cuts are added to make it smoke if that's what you meant, the speed itsel is 'smokeable' and whatever cuts they add also vaporise at around the same temp. My guess would be that that milky yellow speed is made via the ketone route which means it has both dextro and levo methamp in it and makes it less potent than straight pseudo speed which just has dextro methamp in it. That's probably why it seems more mild than the more crystally speed, levo methamp only seems to have a body high and doesn't have the psychological effects that dextro methamp has therefore ketone speed is usually 'weaker' than pseudo stuff and feels slightly different. If you have a search around on bluelight you should be able to find out more info on it, my explanation's pretty layman and probably not entirely correct.

I quite like ketone stuff, especially for snorting. I'll take pseudo stuff over it pretty much any day though, especially for smoking.

Beerplease I don't think cuts are added to make it smoke if that's what you meant, the speed itsel is 'smokeable' and whatever cuts they add also vaporise at around the same temp. My guess would be that that milky yellow speed is made via the ketone route which means it has both dextro and levo methamp in it and makes it less potent than straight pseudo speed which just has dextro methamp in it. That's probably why it seems more mild than the more crystally speed, levo methamp only seems to have a body high and doesn't have the psychological effects that dextro methamp has therefore ketone speed is usually 'weaker' than pseudo stuff and feels slightly different. If you have a search around on bluelight you should be able to find out more info on it, my explanation's pretty layman and probably not entirely correct.

I quite like ketone stuff, especially for snorting. I'll take pseudo stuff over it pretty much any day though, especially for smoking.

sounds sound to me. the levo enantiomer has no CNS effects, it's all PNS which can give off unwanted side-effects.

Awesome, thanks for the replys and cassandragemini thanks for ya post, makes alot of sense and sounds the same as what i have been reading bout the mixed race meth being easier to make from ketone? hence the lower quality compared to what was going round pre 2006 before pseudo got heavily suppressed. cheers guys.

Damn this was such a great thread. One of the most informative in ADD's history!

Whatever happened to Sustanon? Haven't seen him round the traps in yonks. RIP jakeperson..
Pretty quiet around here without all those guys.

I have re-linked the chemical structure images in my second post (#22) on the very first page of this thread. They should now work again and my post will hopefully make sense.

I had been meaning to do this for some time every time this thread gets bumped. It only took me thirteen years (sorry). I really should re-read it again to make sure I still agree with what I said and the information is still current. Whilst the science hasn't changed, the drug market and the precursors being used certainly has.

EDIT: So my post is still correct save that perhaps P2P is no longer "impossible" to get and certainly in various parts of the world more and more methamphetamine is being made from P2P. Further, P2P is routinely being manufactured from less watched "pre-precursors". However, the position in regards to amphetamine vs methamphetamine in Australia has certainly not changed. Dexamphetamine medication and those importing small amounts of amphetamine for their own personal use aside, you will almost never come across amphetamine being sold as "speed" in Australia. It is all methamphetamine.

Last edited: